Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 115155 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #675 on: May 24, 2016, 03:16:52 am »

Strength: 4 => 6 damage
Vit: 2 =>  (H2(4/4),La2(2/2),Ra2(2/2),C6(8/8),S4(6/6),Ll2(0/2 Crippled),Rl2(2/2))
Dex: 5 => 4 speed
End: 1 (3/3 encumbrance)
Faith: 1 (3/5)
Range: 1

Weapon: Mountain Icepick

So... pikemen have won every encounter, swordsmen 1/3, brawlers 0/3. Right.

Hook swordsman 1. Lower Body
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:49:12 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #676 on: May 24, 2016, 09:43:13 am »

In the actual game you'll have to do things to see the stats of the enemies but for now

Swordsman
Str 5
Vit 3
Dex 5
End 1
Faith 1
2/-2/2
1:L 3, St 6, Ch 9
2:L 3, St 0, Ch 9 (DEB (-1 from all parts each turn)
3:L 3, St 6, Ch 9

Pikeman
Str:5
Vit:1
Dex:7
End:1
Faith: 1
2/-3/4
1:L1, st 2, ch 3
2:L1, st 2, ch 3

brawler
Str:3
Vit:7
Dex:2
end:1
1/0/0
faith:1
1:L7 (head 1), st 7, ch 21
2:L7, st 14, ch 21
3:L7 (head 1), st 14, ch 21

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #677 on: May 24, 2016, 11:55:00 am »

Brawler 2 attacks dut
9 vs 5+3 or 3+3
Brawler wins, deals 3+1 damage to chest. Reduces it to 7 hp.

That wasn't very nice of him!

Attack Brawler 2

Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 24, 2016, 03:45:41 pm »

...I actually didn't mean that to be a conditional, I was just explaining what the effects of my ability are.  But I'll happily accept a faith refund!

Attack Swordsman #3, aiming for his Left Arm.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #679 on: May 24, 2016, 10:43:27 pm »

Ideas regarding mutation:

Mutation is what happens when you run out of faith; it is oro infecting your body. I intend to have a big table of mutations with different tiers depending on the level you get them at (or perhaps just scaling effects? Might be hard to scale certain abilities). Mutation abilities are unique in that they do not require faith to use. However, each use increases your chances of the mutation spreading. The first use of the mutation has a 1/100 chance of causing you to spontaneously develop another mutation. The next use has a 1/50 chance. And so on
1:1/100
2:1/50
3:1/25
4:1/12
5:1/6
6:1/3
7:1/2
8:1/1

This chance resets each time you get a new mutation from any source. However, the chance is universal, so if you use an ability from one mutated part and then another ability from a different part, your chances are down to 1/25.

Each time you gain a mutation, there is a change you will become a demon. Each time you mutate, a d6 is rolled. You have to roll higher than the number of mutations you have, otherwise you transform. Ie, 3 mutations and you're at 50% chance to change.

Note: Severing mutated parts can act to reduce the number of mutations you have, however it doesn't reset the counter. 

Ideas regarding magic:
So far I have 3 forms of magic. The first would be abilities from mutations.

The second is disposable items. Single use things that don't drain faith to use. Such as cassettes in a boombox.

The third is brands. Brands are physical markings burned into the flesh of the character. Use of a brand drains hp from the part it's on instead of using Faith.

I'm still working on the form faith based magic will take.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 25, 2016, 05:17:51 am »

-snip-
All that sounds pretty sweet, by sitting out a mission repenting or something can we reduce our mutation spread chance?
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 25, 2016, 06:41:05 am »

brands sound pretty rough, considering the current limited hp most body parts have.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 25, 2016, 08:03:52 am »

I'd say scale whatever abilities make sense, and for ones that dont, maybe you get a reduced mutation chance table for it? Or maybe get an extra "charge" that doesn't increase your mutation chance? Like one use at 1/100 and then two uses at 1/50 chance? Then it follows the normal table.

Faith could be only offensive/attack/weapon based.

I am interested in what kind of magic brands and disposable items would do. Defensive for brands and healing/restoration for disposables?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 25, 2016, 08:05:43 am »

Those demons look very much like innocent little kids. I use Faith to attack them.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 25, 2016, 09:04:21 pm »

Maybe make some Mutations start you with a higher chance of things going wrong? I imagine they're not all created equal.

I would love a Brand for the character I have in mind.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 25, 2016, 09:10:39 pm »

Is it possible to use a brand that uses more HP on a part than you have? For example, you only have 2 HP on your left arm, but you have a powerful brand on that arm that would use 4 HP, which you can use at the cost of instantly crippling that arm.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #686 on: May 26, 2016, 12:37:01 pm »

-snip-
All that sounds pretty sweet, by sitting out a mission repenting or something can we reduce our mutation spread chance?
Seems a reasonable request. Though it would probably require spending the skipped mission doing something. Like sitting around in the chapel being cleansed.

brands sound pretty rough, considering the current limited hp most body parts have.
Brands, as I conceive of them, would be something you'd get by doing certain things. Brands that use up tons of HP wouldn't be available till you had the levels to get tons of hp. Well, probably.

I'd say scale whatever abilities make sense, and for ones that dont, maybe you get a reduced mutation chance table for it? Or maybe get an extra "charge" that doesn't increase your mutation chance? Like one use at 1/100 and then two uses at 1/50 chance? Then it follows the normal table.

Faith could be only offensive/attack/weapon based.

I am interested in what kind of magic brands and disposable items would do. Defensive for brands and healing/restoration for disposables?
I was actually thinking about that and came to the conclusion that healing via injuring HP is the sort of thing that could prove problematic. Especially if you can heal more than you lose. Tandem infinite healing partners activate!

But healing as a spell ability is a must. Especially since you'll probably never reach a point where you aren't squishy; at least in higher level areas.

Maybe make some Mutations start you with a higher chance of things going wrong? I imagine they're not all created equal.

I would love a Brand for the character I have in mind.
Probably reasonable too.

Is it possible to use a brand that uses more HP on a part than you have? For example, you only have 2 HP on your left arm, but you have a powerful brand on that arm that would use 4 HP, which you can use at the cost of instantly crippling that arm.
Yes, but it would consume the arm. And you can't heal back an arm thats completely gone.

Although, a missing limb MAY regrow as a corrupted limb when corruption happens.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 26, 2016, 12:44:55 pm »

can i put a brand on a mutation and get rid of it that way

How about a combat brand weapon; negative range bonus because it's hard to use, but if you hit you do damage and cast a spell at the same time.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 26, 2016, 11:15:32 pm »

...I think END definitely needs to be much stronger in the final game.  It already grants less HP per level than VIT, which can't be healed, and presumably costs money.  Add brands into it, and VIT doubles as a mana source in addition to health source.

Oh, and healing brands wouldn't be too bad as long as you lose significantly more HP than you heal.  Maybe by a factor of three or so.  That would be useful if a tough guy healed a flimsy guy, or if you transferred HP from your uninjured chest to your severely wounded head.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #689 on: May 27, 2016, 09:12:05 am »

...I think END definitely needs to be much stronger in the final game.  It already grants less HP per level than VIT, which can't be healed, and presumably costs money.  Add brands into it, and VIT doubles as a mana source in addition to health source.

Oh, and healing brands wouldn't be too bad as long as you lose significantly more HP than you heal.  Maybe by a factor of three or so.  That would be useful if a tough guy healed a flimsy guy, or if you transferred HP from your uninjured chest to your severely wounded head.
Actually the natural armor conferred by END regens after every fight. It's essentially a "toughness" that lets you shrug off hits without injury. But we may have to mess with it. Maybe make it grant 1 point per level or every 2 levels.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 88