Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114869 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #405 on: April 23, 2016, 07:57:24 pm »

Sorry, really tired right now.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 23, 2016, 10:24:53 pm »

This looks like a combat system for mostly one v one battles, player v player and team v team (like the game cannon fodder). I expected a slightly more freeform system, due to the likely variety in opponents to be faced.

I'm sure it will work fine for this though, speeding up gameplay and all. It certainly makes the game drastically different in feel from ER and infinite heavens. I haven't played other PW games, so I don't know about perplexicon or the others as much.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #407 on: April 23, 2016, 10:49:37 pm »

Sorry, really tired right now.
S'allright

I'm gonna do these turns in a very mechanical way, lacking any real description, because I just wanna see how the system works. One thing I've noticed is that we're gonna have to say move in or out in relation to who.

Spoiler: Hand (click to show/hide)

starting hand
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Up dated, sorry P-dubz

And here's my first hand:
  • Startup
  • Quick Draw-Whisperling-Torso
  • Move out
  • Attack-spazyak-arm
  • Defend
Whisperling and Spaz take an aggressive stance while Egan sheathes his blade.

Spaz moves in, I'm gonna assume toward whispering. Not sure why he would do this because he has a range advantage over whisperling so he's doing nothing but remove that. Egan has range advantage on whispering, so his attack happens first. Whisperling dodges 2 of the hits, but gets hit by one to the torso. At this point I realize I forgot to even tell you how much hp your bodies have. It's 3 for head, 5 for arms, 12 for torso, 7 for legs.  So whisperling's torso is now at 10 hp. Whisperling does lunge, rolls 2+1, moves in 1, and beats spaz's defense roll, but doesn't have a high enough roll to beat the min requirement for a head hit. Thanks to spaz's move in this puts spaz and whispering at zero range.

Egan moves out, unassumingly in relation to whisperling, though it doesn't matter.  Whispering's attack roll is 2,  Spaz's is 5, so he goes first. Whisperling rolls 5 for defense and so avoids damage. Spaz rolls 6 and avoids damage as well.

Spaz does a parry, while both egan and Whisperling attack him. They both roll 2, he rolls 6, successfully parrying both of them.

Both Egan and Whisperling are stunned, so Spaz gets to attack unopposed. He does a heavy attack on an arm...though I don't know whose arm. Probably Whisperling. He gets 5, and so does 4 damage to whisperling's arm. Whisperling has a -1 to attack now.

Spaz, your first instance next turn is recovery, due to the heavy attack this time.

Ok, next round.

This looks like a combat system for mostly one v one battles, player v player and team v team (like the game cannon fodder). I expected a slightly more freeform system, due to the likely variety in opponents to be faced.

I'm sure it will work fine for this though, speeding up gameplay and all. It certainly makes the game drastically different in feel from ER and infinite heavens. I haven't played other PW games, so I don't know about perplexicon or the others as much.
Really I'm just messing with things right now, this is in no way the finished thing.

The thing is I would have a much more freeform system but...I can't. I can't run a huge game 55 people sitting around with nothing to do as our 5 man team fights for 3 weeks.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 23, 2016, 11:15:51 pm »

My turn
[/b]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 11:38:01 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 23, 2016, 11:30:45 pm »

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:05:55 am by Egan_BW »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #410 on: April 23, 2016, 11:39:59 pm »

Oh thats right, whisperling was in an aggressive stance! He actually lost that arm then, because he took +1 extra damage.

Not looking good for whisperling.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 23, 2016, 11:49:42 pm »

Oh, did I not use up an attack card last turn (instance 4) because I was stunned?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 23, 2016, 11:56:22 pm »

Spoiler: @Spaz (Private, BTW) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: @Egan (Also private) (click to show/hide)

Look at me, analyzing a forum game in depth while I have an essay due tomorrow today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 24, 2016, 12:02:52 am »

Spoiler: @syv (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #414 on: April 24, 2016, 12:09:09 am »

Oh, did I not use up an attack card last turn (instance 4) because I was stunned?
Yep, stunned replaces the card, doesn't use it up.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 24, 2016, 12:12:12 am »

Spoiler: @syv (click to show/hide)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 24, 2016, 05:55:52 am »

Well.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #417 on: April 24, 2016, 11:26:25 am »

Well.

My turn
[/b]
So Egan enters a defensive stance, not a bad idea. Spaz recovers from his quite successful cleave, and Whisperling attacks with crippling blow. Unfortunately he rolls a 1-1 so ain't no one getting hit.

Whisperling goes into a defensive stance, a good idea for someone with only one arm.  Egan attempts to do a counter blow on no one, so his next instance becomes recovery instead of wait. Spaz moves out, putting some range between himself and whispering, getting the range advantage back.

Spaz does a parry against whisperling's feint. They tie in attack and defense so nothing happens. Egan recovers.

Whisperling waits, regening lunge and attack.  Egan goes into an aggressive stance. Spaz attacks  whisperling, aiming for the head. He succeeds, dealing 2 damage rather than three thanks to whisperling's defensive stance. Still, it replaces whisperling's next instance with stun.

Spaz enters a defensive stance, Egan sheathes his weapon, and Whisperling spends the turn stunned from the blow to the head.

So far, the only one injured is whisperling, who has one arm missing, 1/3 head hp and 10/12 torso hp.
Spaz and whisperling are in defensive stances +1, egan in an aggressive stance.

I've spotted a problem with defensive stance. Namely that weapons that deal 1 damage can't get around it. As such, I'm gonna clarify that both it and aggressive stance have -1 and +1 damage taken per instance, so that 1 damage weapons that attack multiple times an instance (like the knife) can do damage.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:45:30 pm by piecewise »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 24, 2016, 11:36:08 am »

Stances summary appears confused: who is in which stance?

Just noting for clarity
One wheel short of a wagon

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 24, 2016, 11:53:34 am »

My turn
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 12:11:19 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 88