Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114714 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2016, 10:27:05 pm »

All of them, because they need to comsume the entire world first.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2016, 11:15:39 pm »

I thought of something, Could Oro have Some "Domesticable" "Cancerous" Demons that are Severely broken from there original Purpose? For example The dog sized spider demon who changes light bulbs Might Start Wildly Smashing  Lights, Or a Demon that Cleans Might Disorganize and Demolish things wildly...
No john, you are the cancer.

As per stuff like that, it depends. There might be some demons out there you can make a deal with, in return for something. And there will certainly be instances of various demons becoming too plentiful or dangerous and coming into conflict with the immune system, so to speak.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2016, 01:33:29 am »

What about the immune system itself being tricked into attacking the City like some sort of autoimmune disorder and/or Orwellian state? Is that possible? Or too abusable?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2016, 02:50:33 am »

But this stuff is kinda irrelevant to our main aim, except as a distraction. It's not about the body count, its about how efficiently we move.
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2016, 05:45:48 am »

Will there be magic usable by players (outside of the magical holy weapons)? Maybe one-use magical tools that are also built in that special way with the rituals. Like a smokebomb that confuses any immume system demons to buy time for an escape.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 21, 2016, 06:31:39 am »

I'm wondering how a meeting between some PCs and one of those light-globe Demons would go.
'As you walk along the cobblestone path, you begin to notice a strong smell of diesel, the sky grows foggier as the stars are blotted out by ambient light, the flickering light from torches in the area before being replaced by the steady glow of light-bulbs coming from warped high-rise buildings that seem to close in on you and the stretched light posts evenly spaced, looking down, you notice that the footpath has changed to smooth concrete.
On the other side of the road (Which you could have sworn wasn't there when you were in that small village but you can't remember where it started) one of the light-bulbs gives a tiny *pop*, fizzling out, and only a few seconds afterwards a steadily growing noise of metal being hit repeatedly and rapidly against rock begins to form out of the silence, and from the top of the shorter buildings a metallic spider around the size of a medium sized dog crawls out, turning vertically without a moments hesitation to crawl down the size of the building, carefully avoiding any windows.

When it reaches the bottom, you notice that it isn't so much a spider as it is a spider-shaped cyborg, it's legs, while appearing to be a simple hairy exoskeleton, shows metal tips, from where wear-and-tear must have worn the covering away, the the top of the abdomen is covered in small glass globes, one of your teammates, who is both an arachnophobe and a technophobe, passes out on sight.
You feel you have to open diplomacy as a matter of courtesy, you yell "HELLO LARGE SPIDER THING! HOW ARE YOU THIS FINE EV-MORN-NIGHT? JUST DOING YOUR JOB, I SEE?"
It totally ignores you, instead focusing on the burnt out bulb, wrapping its legs around the pole, it begins to shimmy up to the top, where it begins to use its fangs with a disturbing amount of dexterity to unscrew the light-globe, and pluck one of the glass balls which you now recognize as another, identical light-globe with its back leg, handing it up to its mouth, which it then screws in, setting it aglow, it then slides down back to the floor, giving a distinct sense of satisfaction, feeling quite left out, you rap your sword against the light-pole next to you.

Its gaze instantly snaps to you, with the kind of burning intensity one might consider a lion to have, holding that gaze for a full minute before backing up, still holding its sight on you, and crawls all the way back up the building, before disappearing out of sight, you could have sworn it gave you that 'I've got my eyes on you' action with its foreleg.'
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2016, 09:46:23 am »

What about the immune system itself being tricked into attacking the City like some sort of autoimmune disorder and/or Orwellian state? Is that possible? Or too abusable?
We shall see.

Will there be magic usable by players (outside of the magical holy weapons)? Maybe one-use magical tools that are also built in that special way with the rituals. Like a smokebomb that confuses any immume system demons to buy time for an escape.
Yes. There's probably gonna be two kinds; your magic and their magic. Both are faith driven but in general your magic is the innate or weapon based abilities, their magic is going to be related to the use of specific magical objects.  And in general theirs will probably be more powerful overall.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 21, 2016, 12:44:51 pm »

Is most of the city exploration going to be moving combat, stealth, or just walking around hoping we aren't spotted? Or a combination or something else?
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 21, 2016, 03:34:20 pm »

Will there be magic usable by players (outside of the magical holy weapons)? Maybe one-use magical tools that are also built in that special way with the rituals. Like a smokebomb that confuses any immune system demons to buy time for an escape.
Yes. There's probably gonna be two kinds; your magic and their magic. Both are faith driven but in general your magic is the innate or weapon based abilities, their magic is going to be related to the use of specific magical objects.  And in general theirs will probably be more powerful overall.

'Their' being the demons and 'your' being the player chars? Or who were you referring to exactly?

Also, faith driven meaning that you burn faith points in order to use said magic, right? So you have to balance using faith for abilities vs not running out and getting corrupted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 21, 2016, 03:37:49 pm »

How do I violently betray  everyone including myself and my future as well as past and present self while simultaneously becoming a demon corruption thingy then betraying the demon...in essence how shall I be the biggest TRAITOR I can be...haven't Been looking up to it.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #265 on: March 21, 2016, 09:45:00 pm »

Is most of the city exploration going to be moving combat, stealth, or just walking around hoping we aren't spotted? Or a combination or something else?
Really that depends on where you are. Certain areas are gonna have thicker concentrations of demons than others. The outer layers, where most of the abducted lands are, have a relatively low concentration of demons so you can move, explore, fight a bit, etc. But if you say, somehow make it into the chemical gut or the fibrous organ, you're gonna neck deep in demons, and at that point you better either be ready to fight all out, run, or stay hidden.

Will there be magic usable by players (outside of the magical holy weapons)? Maybe one-use magical tools that are also built in that special way with the rituals. Like a smokebomb that confuses any immune system demons to buy time for an escape.

'Their' being the demons and 'your' being the player chars? Or who were you referring to exactly?

Also, faith driven meaning that you burn faith points in order to use said magic, right? So you have to balance using faith for abilities vs not running out and getting corrupted.
Yes. Demons tend to have inherently better magic but you can get access to it via crafting or some weapons or objects. The demonic cassette tapes for instance.

And yes, faith driven as in it uses your faith as a fuel or mana pool. A lot of what I envision for the game is careful management of faith and corruption.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 26, 2016, 09:18:29 am »

Yes. Demons tend to have inherently better magic but you can get access to it via crafting or some weapons or objects. The demonic cassette tapes for instance.
I can only assume they play a hellish arrhythmic cacophony, shrill and painful to listen to.

And yes, faith driven as in it uses your faith as a fuel or mana pool. A lot of what I envision for the game is careful management of faith and corruption.
Hmm, do you think you'll be showing remaining faith points as a hard number, and declare how many points abilities and such use, or would you prefer to keep it more vague?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #267 on: March 26, 2016, 10:36:47 am »

I can only assume they play a hellish arrhythmic cacophony, shrill and painful to listen to.

Hmm, do you think you'll be showing remaining faith points as a hard number, and declare how many points abilities and such use, or would you prefer to keep it more vague?
I'm probably gonna display it as a hard number. It's a bit more gamey, but considering how important it is, I feel like people will want to keep a precise eye on it.

Plus then things get a lot easier because I can just give abilities and attacks hard numbers rather than saying "Oh that attack seems to have drained a...moderately large amount of faith!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 26, 2016, 11:13:24 am »

Yeah, seems best all in all, helps prevent accidents or unwanted corruption from bad wording or interpretations. Balancing said numbers might be a right pain in the ass though.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 26, 2016, 11:17:09 am »

Plus then things get a lot easier because I can just give abilities and attacks hard numbers rather than saying "Oh that attack seems to have drained a...moderately large amount of faith!"

This could be solved pretty easily by assigning stock phrases to different ranges and hiding the exact numbers. Not that I mind knowing exactly how much faith, I have, of course. :P The problem just has a pretty easy fix.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 88