Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114702 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2016, 05:37:02 pm »

Given that holy means "connected to a religion" and "humanity first" is a religion in that world, then I don't see why the city can't be holy. It's not like holy has any concrete definition. It's kinda like "moral" or "good" in that regard.

I don't know much beyond the basics about any religion, but from what little I know, I think it would be fun to see something that combines a non-western take on religion with traditional western holy concepts. Maybe something Aztec combined with Catholicism. Blood sacrifices combined with the crucifixion or the holy communion. Miracles performed by gathering the skulls of slain demons and arranging them in catacombs. Matches of Demon-ball, where the loser gets sacrificed to the great dragon to absolve the winner of their sins, while a choir sings ominous Latin chants. Stuff like that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2016, 06:08:43 pm »

We're at an odd place where I'm sitting here reading about textile recycling and wondering how to do that with demons.

Gonna involve spinnerets.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2016, 06:18:47 pm »

Lots of hungry, hungry Hipppodemons that crawl around and take up dead demoncity materials and barf out the digested goo at a central processing plant.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2016, 06:21:34 pm »

We're at an odd place where I'm sitting here reading about textile recycling and wondering how to do that with demons.

Everything is spiders forever. The End.

They might have abdomens that look like those bits at the end of a cement truck, and they'll consume fabrics, using their own digestive systems to recycle them and store in in their abdomens for later extrusion.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 20, 2016, 06:23:44 pm »

Everything is spiders forever. The End.
No no, that's the old one, you're thinking of The Fear.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2016, 06:29:20 pm »

How about animated armor in the shapes of spiders with blade-like limbs and concrete mixers for abdomens? They'll consume textiles, and their digestive systems will turn them into annelid-like demon threads. These threadworms weave themselves together to make fabrics and die afterwards, before use they are stored in armorspider, with many of them poking out like hairs. In combat, they get launched at foes by the armorspiders, weaving into the very flesh of their victims, trying to sow shut their arteries and orifices.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2016, 06:42:26 pm »

I had an idea for the holy weapons. You could do it that the weapons have to be made out of corrupted materials (Flayed man blood, demon bile, ghoul bone, you get the point) then that material has to be "purified" by the church so it can be used against ORO. Kinda like how you make a vaccine by weakening a virus then re-injecting it into the immune system. The materials have to be cleansed corruption because only corruption can destroy corruption.

That would explain why the materials are so expensive, it would explain why the process to make the materials is so complex, it would explain why the materials have to come out of ORO for player crafting, and it would just be kinda cool and metaphorical.

I also really like the idea that there is no "Holy" healing, so to heal your wounds you have to use demon magic and just hope it doesn't corrupt you. Maybe one of the crafting ingredients could be corrupted flesh.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2016, 06:44:36 pm »

It's too bad everything inside ORO is demonic as fuck. Otherwise I might have tried going full dungeon meshi and just cook and eat everything we came across.

I could still do that, but I question the wisdom of consuming demons, especially without a nice sauce.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #248 on: March 20, 2016, 06:48:11 pm »

It's too bad everything inside ORO is demonic as fuck. Otherwise I might have tried going full dungeon meshi and just cook and eat everything we came across.

I could still do that, but I question the wisdom of consuming demons, especially without a nice sauce.
I wouldn't recommend the blood of Oro ones. Mostly made of inorganic things, those.

But eating parts of demons might be good in some cases.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #249 on: March 20, 2016, 07:08:03 pm »

I had an idea for the holy weapons. You could do it that the weapons have to be made out of corrupted materials (Flayed man blood, demon bile, ghoul bone, you get the point) then that material has to be "purified" by the church so it can be used against ORO. Kinda like how you make a vaccine by weakening a virus then re-injecting it into the immune system. The materials have to be cleansed corruption because only corruption can destroy corruption.

That would explain why the materials are so expensive, it would explain why the process to make the materials is so complex, it would explain why the materials have to come out of ORO for player crafting, and it would just be kinda cool and metaphorical.

I also really like the idea that there is no "Holy" healing, so to heal your wounds you have to use demon magic and just hope it doesn't corrupt you. Maybe one of the crafting ingredients could be corrupted flesh.
Thats actually very close. Remember, crafting stuff with demon guts!

How about animated armor in the shapes of spiders with blade-like limbs and concrete mixers for abdomens? They'll consume textiles, and their digestive systems will turn them into annelid-like demon threads. These threadworms weave themselves together to make fabrics and die afterwards, before use they are stored in armorspider, with many of them poking out like hairs. In combat, they get launched at foes by the armorspiders, weaving into the very flesh of their victims, trying to sow shut their arteries and orifices.
Neat, semi-related, but not quite.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 20, 2016, 07:11:41 pm »

But eating parts of demons might be good in some cases.
We going full snake eater up in this bitch. Be like the Charles Darwin of ORO and eat a piece of every new demon we find. Be like the Gordon Ramsey of ORO and call teammembers tossers because the demon is still fookin' raw.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 20, 2016, 08:32:03 pm »

I thought of something, Could Oro have Some "Domesticable" "Cancerous" Demons that are Severely broken from there original Purpose? For example The dog sized spider demon who changes light bulbs Might Start Wildly Smashing  Lights, Or a Demon that Cleans Might Disorganize and Demolish things wildly...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2016, 10:07:08 pm »

I like the idea of "human saints" that are stood up as ideals to ascribe oneself to.  Don't give them bonuses or anything; they'd be just fine as flavor.

I think I'll like this; it's been a while since I played a zealot. Sure Lars is nice, but ... well, he's nice. And the one frothing-at-the-mouth raving lunatic we had tried to krump Renen.

He's nice to ARM troopers.  The unfaithful see no mercy.  Remember, he got sent to the HMRC for raiding and firebombing a police station because a cop tore up his prayer book.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2016, 10:13:12 pm »

@crazyabe
That's a neat idea, though kinda the opposite of cancer.  A cancerous demon would be overproductive, coating the floors and walls entirely with layers upon layers of lightbulbs.

I still really want to be able to give Oro an autoimmune disorder.  Trick the immune demons into thinking the repair demons in a particular area are actually holy parasites.  Perhaps we could have a priest class, which can partially bless demons?  The blessing wouldn't affect the demons  themselves, but other demons would see them as an infection and deal with them accordingly.

Also, completely unrelated, but the lightbulb demons should be tiny and insect-sized.  Massive hives of them would required to actually change lightbulbs, for obvious reasons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2016, 10:22:24 pm »

How many lightbulb demons does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 88