Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114847 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #900 on: October 17, 2016, 04:03:45 pm »

Becarefull ozqrk,especialy when running. This being a horror movie you'll certainly trip at the worst time.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 17, 2016, 04:12:02 pm »

Eh, as long as nobody observes it, Ozquark will remain in a state of quantum superposition. That gives me the advanage.

but that's neither here nr there. Or perhaps it's both.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 17, 2016, 04:17:31 pm »

Eh, as long as nobody observes it, Ozquark will remain in a state of quantum superposition. That gives me the advanage.

but that's neither here nr there. Or perhaps it's both.
heh.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #903 on: October 17, 2016, 07:57:47 pm »

Team: And Then There Was One

If I am sure they are just standing around, I'm going to carefully examine my current room for vents, crawl spaces, ladders, and other means of ingress and egress. Floor to ceiling. I will do so carefully, so as not to cause noise that draws their attention.

If instead they seem to be heading this way ,I'll hide next to the conveyor again and prepare for a mad dash past them.
That, or I 'll disguise myself as a piece of scrap and ride the conveyor past them (provided they move far enough into furnace room) and hop off before I get too warm, and then do the mad dash thing.)

I will also use all my intellect to try and reason out any options I have missed, htat might make my odds of survival better.
Spoiler: Stats etc (click to show/hide)

A guy with a clockwork arm and a doll head for a foot, versus a giant wobbly jelly, a spike with snake body and mechanical snake arm, and a spider beartrap. niiiiiiice.
You go hide in the corner as the demons walk...slither...slide...move toward you. They make it into the same room as you and all stand around at the entrance.

You look around and think about your options...
70+[78]
Hmm...well there's nothing here to help you...Hmm. But maybe, if you were just dexterous enough, You could leap up on the conveyor belt and use its forward motion to run out of the room even faster...It would require hopping several pieces of sharp scrap to do so, but it's relatively high up and moving quickly so anything trying to gut you would at least be at a disadvantage.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 17, 2016, 09:43:08 pm »

Okay, I'm to the south of the conveyor and they're to the north of it. So, they will probably walk around the conveyor rather than leap over it. Unless that spiderbeartrap can step over it? If they need to move around the conveyor to get to me, I'll wait until they are at the end of the conveyor, spend 40 humanity on dex, and leap up there, running away down the conveyor. I'll keep running the whole turn.

If they don't have to go around, I'll do that immediately instead.

-grumble- using all my stored humanity that I was going to use for an actual attack on jellygooboy. I wanted to kill a monster -grumble.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 17, 2016, 09:46:22 pm »

Hey, you could still kill some monsters if you could find a way to collapse the building.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 18, 2016, 03:50:30 pm »

Or if they fail an attack spectacularly enough, I could get in a lucky counter strike.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #907 on: October 19, 2016, 10:05:04 am »

Okay, I'm to the south of the conveyor and they're to the north of it. So, they will probably walk around the conveyor rather than leap over it. Unless that spiderbeartrap can step over it? If they need to move around the conveyor to get to me, I'll wait until they are at the end of the conveyor, spend 40 humanity on dex, and leap up there, running away down the conveyor. I'll keep running the whole turn.

If they don't have to go around, I'll do that immediately instead.

-grumble- using all my stored humanity that I was going to use for an actual attack on jellygooboy. I wanted to kill a monster -grumble.
Then Sy-demon and the Jello blob stand in the doorway while the spider-trap skitters about, thrusting its sharp metal legs into the piles of shrapnel, searching for you.
41+[69]-30 (Leg spazing out makes it hard to hide)

The spider-Trap notices you almost immediately, and screeches a horrible grating metal noise. You don't wait to see what will happen next and instead leap up on the conveyor belt and make a run for it.

41+40+[57]

You hurdle over several chunks of sharp metal and use the speed of the conveyor belt to push you forward. You ride the forward belt until it ends in the next room, jump off and then run straight through the mold room and jump on the conveyor in there, letting it pull you through the hole and into the room the blue team started in.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 19, 2016, 04:37:07 pm »

I'm going to hop off the conveyor, grab ren's right arm, (discarding the lesser piece of scrap metal if I can't easily carry it somehow) and then ride the conveyor into the room south of where I am now.

Have I heard the sounds of pursuit? What do I know about bear-trap demon? If any of the demons have kept up, or are close enough to make this action risky, instead, I'll just keep running and riding the conveyor into the next room and beyond. Straight through, no detours, unless there is something like a big metal stamping machine in the way. In which case I'll avoid going into that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #909 on: October 19, 2016, 05:19:45 pm »

I'm going to hop off the conveyor, grab ren's right arm, (discarding the lesser piece of scrap metal if I can't easily carry it somehow) and then ride the conveyor into the room south of where I am now.

Have I heard the sounds of pursuit? What do I know about bear-trap demon? If any of the demons have kept up, or are close enough to make this action risky, instead, I'll just keep running and riding the conveyor into the next room and beyond. Straight through, no detours, unless there is something like a big metal stamping machine in the way. In which case I'll avoid going into that.

You know, I'm pretty apt to just call it for you right now. None of the demons have high speed, the jello one can't make it through the hole with the conveyor belt, and if you just follow the conveyors you'll find a way out.

I think We'll say you made it and I'm gonna go work on finishing up the revised rules.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 19, 2016, 07:35:39 pm »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 19, 2016, 09:37:51 pm »

Woot! Not quite the coup that killing even one of the demons would have been, but survival first, yo. good use of humanity that second and third time. that spell was a complete waste though.

now for a couple of after action questions. no need to answer immediately, though. I'm just being greedy. Work on the revisions, since I'll have to adjust my character to fit into the new rules anyway.

One: did I get the demonic gun and arm? I want to use the upper arm to restore hp to my clockwork hand (if that matters) and have that gun as a possible replacement or addition to my current arsenal.

Two: Will I get a level up?

three: will my level up be affected by the actions I took this game?
Successful actions included punching jag to death,
shattering Whisperling with a cyber punch,
using humanity to enhance a punch to ren's head,
(Accidentally getting my teammate monsterized by reminding the GM about the Demon's passive humanity drain)
hiding in the dark from demons two rooms away,
using humanity to leap onto a conveyor and bravely run the fuck away.

if it's a generic, choose your own rewards, x amount of points level up, i'll probably do something with the cyber arm and humanity, since those seemed to be my strengths. this stupid doll head is useless, and i don't see myself using writhe much.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 27, 2016, 11:59:56 am »

Here's the sheet, PW. Good to go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 27, 2016, 02:17:18 pm »

Spoiler: Liquid Ocean (click to show/hide)
Ocean is a go.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 27, 2016, 02:36:08 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 88