Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114889 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #885 on: October 14, 2016, 10:23:51 pm »

Bah, your leg being WoF'd isn't an issue.  Movement in this game isn't affected by limbs without stat bonuses, or any lack thereof; just do a handstand and run away on your arms.  Spend some humanity on it too--might as well.

Also, kiting and killing is a terrible idea.  Infect is a pretty effective one hit kill, and it'll be used eventually.
There are two ways to stop infect:
1. Have a mechanical or non-organic part in the way.
2. Sever the infected part.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 14, 2016, 11:00:10 pm »

both my mechanicals are end pieces, but I could block with either, I guess. let me edit that into my turn, if we're still running this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #887 on: October 15, 2016, 11:58:27 am »

And now we find out just how well demons remember things like "Hey there was another room back there. and wasn't there a guy in it? Oh, I want to kill that guy. Yeah."

I'm thinking Sydemon won't remember, being an int 0 monster.

I'm guessing Gentle turns into a Chain Chomp, and likewise fails to worry about it much. that leaves The Jelly Green Giant, and his speed is 1, so I might be able to outrun him for a while - kite and kill. Ugh, but it's gonna take nine more turns for that leg to get under control ...

Team: And Then There Was One

Avoiding Jelly Belly Badness, (including blocking andy tendril attacks using my mechanical arm.) I will head toward the furnace room, looking constantly for a way to use the tearrain to my advantage, like possibly separating the pipes leading from the furnace from the vats, so that molten metal rains down on my pursuer. is there a way to seal off that hole into the other room? I'd kinda like to never see those guys again, if possible.
((boy am I ever sorry that I didn't get pneumatic strength instead of writhe.))

Spoiler: Stats etc (click to show/hide)

For the moment you only have to contend with the demon in this room since the other two aren't smart enough to remember you being there.

40+[39] vs 1+[19]

So you make a run for it and get back into the furnace room and around behind a wall before the demon can lash out at you. Once there you take a look around for something in the environment to use:
70+[12]

Well...there's some sharp metal pieces you might be able to use as a weapon. And if you could open the furnace then you might be able to flood the room in molten metal. You're not sure how you'd do that though.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 15, 2016, 01:11:26 pm »

I'll grab the sharpest bit that I can reasonably handle, with my cyber arm. If the demon is approaching I'll run into the next room, looking for possible escape routes.
Come on, humanity, regenerate faster, damn it!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 06:12:49 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #889 on: October 15, 2016, 04:13:37 pm »

I'll grab the sharpest bit that I can reasonably handle, with my cyber arm. If the demon is approaching I'll run into the next room, looking for possible escape routes.
Come on, humanity, regenerate faster, damn it!

You run over and grab the longest, sharpest, most bladey looking one you can find. You think you could probably do a good 30 extra damage to flesh with this. That done you run into the room red team started in and look around. You see no exits in here. Or if there is one, its very well hidden. Then again, most of the room is filled with piles of sharp scrap metal and the room itself is nearly pitch black.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 15, 2016, 07:24:59 pm »

Can I get a sense of where that scrap is coming in from? is it falling from the ceiling, for example? Can I ask that without it counting as a turn? Because, you know, time is precious so I want to make an actual action. I missed your reply to a previous question regarding this area. forget I asked.

Also, do I even know where JelloBuddy is right now?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:06:32 pm by Ozarck »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #891 on: October 16, 2016, 09:45:07 am »

Depending on how your stats translate to real strength, you could just humanity boost your strength and blow up the wall or enlarge a window. Or maybe just jump incredibly high to reach some sort of hole in the roof? Is that a thing that can happen in this system? Or is strength just your skill in using your strength, not the actual strength of your body/soul/whatever?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #892 on: October 16, 2016, 12:36:47 pm »

Can I get a sense of where that scrap is coming in from? is it falling from the ceiling, for example? Can I ask that without it counting as a turn? Because, you know, time is precious so I want to make an actual action. I missed your reply to a previous question regarding this area. forget I asked.

Also, do I even know where JelloBuddy is right now?
You have no idea where he is, honestly. You've been so focused on running from him, gathering weapons and looking for something to use in the environment that you've lost track of him.

Depending on how your stats translate to real strength, you could just humanity boost your strength and blow up the wall or enlarge a window. Or maybe just jump incredibly high to reach some sort of hole in the roof? Is that a thing that can happen in this system? Or is strength just your skill in using your strength, not the actual strength of your body/soul/whatever?
You could do something like that, but it would be a very high level roll.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 16, 2016, 02:17:38 pm »

I'll hide in the dark, to the south of the conveyor, and block any attack that comes my way with my clockwork arm and spiky thing if the creature comes in and spots me, I will move to stay out of arm's reach. If this is two actions and I can't do both in one turn, then instead I'll:

wait where I am. throw a piece of rebar at the demon and run past it, keeping out of arm's lenght, even if that means running on the conveyor. head back to the next room.

pleasaedontdiepleasedontdiepleasedontdiepleasedontdie.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:23:06 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #894 on: October 16, 2016, 04:52:33 pm »

I'll hide in the dark, to the south of the conveyor, and block any attack that comes my way with my clockwork arm and spiky thing if the creature comes in and spots me, I will move to stay out of arm's reach. If this is two actions and I can't do both in one turn, then instead I'll:

wait where I am. throw a piece of rebar at the demon and run past it, keeping out of arm's lenght, even if that means running on the conveyor. head back to the next room.

pleasaedontdiepleasedontdiepleasedontdiepleasedontdie.

You walk around to the south of the conveyor and crouch down behind it, hiding in the dark as best you can (Dark bonus+30). You idly wonder how a creature with no eyes sees and if darkness will actually help you at all. Somewhere back near the mold room, you hear a sort of clacking noise and then a heavy, metallic clang; like a metal shelf falling onto the concrete.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 16, 2016, 05:27:28 pm »

Oh, shit. It's gone and recruited the others. They're climbing through the hole. that, or it's blocking me in. Or both.

I gotta peek out of my hidey hole and see what the racket is, keeping an eye out for the green guy as well. Grab a rebar in my off hand, if I have time.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #896 on: October 16, 2016, 10:27:51 pm »

Oh, shit. It's gone and recruited the others. They're climbing through the hole. that, or it's blocking me in. Or both.

I gotta peek out of my hidey hole and see what the racket is, keeping an eye out for the green guy as well. Grab a rebar in my off hand, if I have time.

You grab another chunk of metal, albeit a less sharp one (15 base) and slowly tip toe around to look back in the direction of the mold room. You see, at a distance, that all three of the demons are now standing around in the mold room. It looks like the Demonic Beartrap has become...well...a demonic bear trap. But bigger. And with long spidery metal legs. 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 16, 2016, 11:55:26 pm »

and then this became a horror game

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 17, 2016, 11:11:58 am »

and then this became a horror game
Insert the horrid violin Schreeeeeeech
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 17, 2016, 03:57:37 pm »

If I am sure they are just standing around, I'm going to carefully examine my current room for vents, crawl spaces, ladders, and other means of ingress and egress. Floor to ceiling. I will do so carefully, so as not to cause noise that draws their attention.

If instead they seem to be heading this way ,I'll hide next to the conveyor again and prepare for a mad dash past them.
That, or I 'll disguise myself as a piece of scrap and ride the conveyor past them (provided they move far enough into furnace room) and hop off before I get too warm, and then do the mad dash thing.)

I will also use all my intellect to try and reason out any options I have missed, htat might make my odds of survival better.

A guy with a clockwork arm and a doll head for a foot, versus a giant wobbly jelly, a spike with snake body and mechanical snake arm, and a spider beartrap. niiiiiiice.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 88