Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: <sg> Don't Trust Your Friends <sg>  (Read 1699 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
<sg> Don't Trust Your Friends <sg>
« on: March 08, 2016, 09:34:01 pm »

You're slumped on a wooden chair in a dark room, facing a mess of static-filled screens and tangled wires. There are no windows and the exit is boarded up.

You hold a note. A quick glance.

"REMEMBER
dont rest your head
dont lose your mind
dont trust your friends
keep that door closed
the computer will help"

You can't remember how you got here. In fact, you don't know who you are. You concede that this probably won't end well.

There are three buttons lit on a panel under a screen that flashes the word "friends".
M is for Mouths Magnus: A Talkative Boy Who's Always Chatting Away
F is for Fuck Francine: An Adorable Girl With A Potty Mouth
D is for Dino Diana: A Shaken Girl Connected With A Mysterious Predator
You feel you must make a choice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
Re: <sg> Don't Trust Your Friends <sg>
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 09:36:08 pm »

Can I move?
Check my body, surroundings, for supplies or tools.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 09:38:36 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 10:00:57 pm »

Simultaneously press all three buttons. I'll teach this computer to make ME choose!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 10:17:48 pm »

Your reflection in the screen is of a woman with gray hair and a hooked nose. You dig into your skirt pocket and find a ruler. A filing cabinet in the corner holds dozens of boring documents. Perhaps they will make good kindling.

You decide to press all three buttons at the same time - it can't go that wrong. It buzzes. The screen flickers. A few sparks come off where the buttons were. The white noise on the televisions form into a coherent shape. It looks to be a grocery store, shot from many angles. In one of the freezers, a... Boy? Girl? Whoever they are, they're crouched inside it.

"Now what are you doing in there?" You mutter to yourself.

They frown at you. "Believe me, I don't want to be here," they say. "Are you the nasty disembodied voice?"

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 10:22:11 pm »

"I hope not. I like to think that I'm quite nice."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 10:35:59 pm »

"I hope not. I like to think I'm quite nice."

"Well," they smile. "Everyone thinks they're nice people."

Their tone makes you bristle. You glance at the other screens. The grocery store looks to be in disarray. The shelves are overturned and there's smashed products all over the tiles. There was clearly a fight yet you can't see anybody other than that kid in the fridge.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 11:00:03 pm »

Sigh.
After a moment, mutter under my breath.
"Dead end it seems, time for plan B then..."
Examine the mess of wires.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 01:18:17 pm »

(Pressing all the buttons was not a wise thing to do. Had we chosen just one, we would probably have an idea of this person's Madness talent. Also, we are not the 'nasty disembodied voice'. That title would go to the Omnipotent Third Person, a dangerous Nightmare.)

Speak to the 'friend': "Let's not get off on the wrong foot. I'd tell you my name, but frankly I can't seem to remember it. What's yours? Are you alright in there?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 10:31:19 pm »

Speak to the 'friend': "Let's not get off on the wrong foot. I'd tell you my name, but frankly I can't seem to remember it. What's yours? Are you alright in there?"
Max avatar size is 80x80

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 05:23:26 pm »

((Bump!))
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nunzillor

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 09:26:40 pm »

(Pressing all the buttons was not a wise thing to do. Had we chosen just one, we would probably have an idea of this person's Madness talent. Also, we are not the 'nasty disembodied voice'. That title would go to the Omnipotent Third Person, a dangerous Nightmare.)

+1.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 06:52:04 pm »

(Apologies for the delay, was very ill this past week)
"Let's not get off on the wrong foot. I'd tell you my name, but frankly I can't seem to remember it. What's yours? Are you alright in there?"
He brushes aside his hair, which flops back in front of his eye.
"Magnus," he says. "Call me Maggy."
M is for...
"Alright, Maggy," you say while you reach into the cluster of wires. It's a right tangle in there like a wild child's hair. "Why are you hiding in a fridge?"
"It's thirteen o'clock," said Maggy. "Yes, I was stupid. But we're both here so that makes us both stupid."
"I don't think that's the right time," you say diplomatically. You're making no progress on the wires. Some connect to the electronics, others connect to the plugs, but you can't understand how they commect. Needless to say you weren't an electrician.
"Nothing is right in this city," he says. The doorbell jingles and Magnus clasps his hands over his mouth. You swear it was a momentary distortion but for a moment it looked like he had teeth in his eyes. You rub your own oculars and focus them on the other screens.

Two policemen with wooden billyclubs are standing in the door, grinning widely as police officers never do. They walk side by side dragging their clubs along the shelves, knocking over produce and adding to the general mess.

They leave one screen and you glance on another. They are standing in front of the fridges, bpuncing their clubs off the palms off their hands like the tick of a clock. The queerest part of the scene reveals itself to you - they both have keys like old tin soldiers stuck in their backs.

Magnus has closed his eyes shut, petrified. He mutters under his breath.

"Nightmare, they're nightmares," he says. "Help me."

A message pops up onto the screen.

Spoiler: the rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: conflict (click to show/hide)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 11:51:11 pm »

3 Discipline and 1 Exhaustion has a pretty good chance of defeating 2 Pain. We can afford to add a little Madness to ensure survival, though.

Add a single Madness die to the Conflict. (E: Actually, don't. I recalculated the odds, and the risk outweighs the reward. Success is almost certain anyway, because if we roll less successes than we rolled Exhaustion dice, we use that number instead. We only lose if no more than one of our dice succeeds and both of the Pain dice succeed.)

"Throw one of those mouths of your somewhere to distract them, then just keep your cool and sneak past them. You need a new hiding place, but there likely isn't one here."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:14:20 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 12:00:16 am »

What if we had Maggy put the mouth on one of the policemen? Distraction and exposition!

Yeah, let's tell Maggy to do that.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: [1] 2