Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Noble is doing WORK!!!  (Read 1158 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Noble is doing WORK!!!
« on: April 12, 2007, 01:32:00 am »

Rimtar Lukvabok, Dungeon Master
"Rimtar Insightsorbs"
Female

Make brass Bars

Very Strong
Very Tough
Competent Animal Trainer
Furnace Operator
Metal Crafter
Dabbling Metalsmith

I can not assign labor preferences.  Her description reads the same as every other Dungeon Master, about Fell Beasts and Treasure.

I have not modded this game at all, and I am not using the memory editor to change labor preferences.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Noble is doing WORK!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 03:56:00 am »

Heliopios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 12:13:00 am »

Pesty13480

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 05:28:00 pm »

I managed to get mine up to legendary on a few skills, making him possibly the most useful member of my team. I'm pretty sure my House Ber or Fer is a legendary grower by now too.

Scribble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 08:51:00 pm »

This was partially answered in another post but  does anyone know for sure how to get the dungeon master?

Smelting certain types of coins was mentioned, but I've smelted the basic three plus platinum, tin and iron coins (for giggles). My fortress value is reletively high (I've had the count for several years). I'm in the process of upgrading my road to one made of silver and brass stripes, but the going is slow thanks to the vast amount of crap left there by goblin sieges.

Is there anything else I should do, sell coins to dwarvern caravans perhaps?

GrimmSweeper

• Bay Watcher
  • Tome of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 09:18:00 pm »

I just got him. The wiki states that you need to have above 25 000 in coins and hit the magma. However I was at this point for several years before he showed up; some of it was due to the various sieges that disrupts everything.

What I had personally was:

- 25 000+ in coinage of copper and silver
- All the nobles up to Treasurer, Baron, Governor and Philosopher (on the off-chance that maybe, just maybe, he's useful).
- Around 130 dwarves
- Near one million in fortress wealth

I'd say, in your case, you probably have the requirements. It's might be just an immigration issue.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 12:50:00 pm »

i had magma, and 25K, and some basic nobles.  like all the house / guilds, management type, diplomat type, etc.  i did NOT have the philosopher at that time, nor did i have the baron.

I think he showed up pretty much right after i got 25K.  well, after the first dwarven caravan spotted my 25K and reported home.