Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Global Occult Coalition-GOC (Ready to make your pants Brown Recruit?)  (Read 2292 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Global Occult Coalition-GOC (Ready to make your pants Brown Recruit?)
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 09:56:32 pm »

I personally love being utterly disadvantaged.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 10:08:56 pm »

I personally love being utterly disadvantaged.
Same all the more satisfying when you succeed, but this is for stories sake so characters have to meet a certain criteria. 
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 12:16:07 am »

Only three of the sheets are acceptable so far and if there are no votes. I will have to choose which one is in, so please if you want to make a character get it in. Because the first mission may be different based on the character chosen.   
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 03:17:51 am »

PTW.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 04:29:49 am »

Seriously thought this was a multiplayer game.  Oh well.  Go with Kevak's one. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 04:31:47 am »

Seriously thought this was a multiplayer game.  Oh well.  Go with Kevak's one.
Eventually maybe, I want to get better at writing and doing these games before then.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 05:41:57 am »

My name is Vanrik Vakari and four months ago my life changed. I was a freelance coder with not much going for him, I had masters degree but had been kicked out of the program I was in at Princeton. I had, had certain issues with an instructor there and I might have *Found* certain pictures on his computer that his wife did not like at all.

So there I found myself without any sort of path forward, and then out of Boredom I built my first bot. And I was hooked, I couldn't get enough of it. My main problem was my bot construction was rudimentary at best, so I focused on the actually programming of them. Getting the max functionality of the basic bots I had made.

Eventually I had managed to build two functional prototypes that I thought I could present. That was when the GOC Assessment Team hit the apartment down from mine. Unknown to me, the resident down the hall was also a bot builder and programmer. He had unfortunately found a anomalous program online, and it compelled him to make dangerous robots.

A nearby GOC Assessment team had noticed the weird Eve Signatures coming from the apartment and decided to check it out. The program flipped and activated the bots, now normally this wouldn't be a problem but the sheer number of them pushed back the team. And there were injuries civilian and on the team, this was when I got dragged in.

The program running out of bots reached out to see if it could find anything else of use, and it found mine bots. Fortunately for me even though these were of better design, they were made of shitty material and I manged to defend myself. Somewhat aware of the situation now I got to work to help fix it. Plugging into my bot I saw the hostile program that had taken over, and acted quickly. First I hacked into the administrator of the server that the nearby area was run on, and sent a message over it that the server was being shutdown for maintenance.

This caused the program to panic and store itself on the bots it controlled, when that happened I sent a virus into the linked bots through mine. And they were easily taken care of after that by the team, this was when I found my second great passion helping people.

With recommendations from the team and some evaluations I was let into the GOC, they had finally started using bots in the field. Before they didn't use them because of the chance of anomalous influences f-ing with them.

So what do you do now, you have another week with your team before any missions. You can use this time time to work on your obviously very terrible physicality, or stormtrooper level marksmanship. Work with the Q-division on bot design, or practice your programming skills or learn how to read Eve signs better. Whatever you think will help and as well if you have any inquires your teammates can answer to the best their abilities.

Current Status
Physically and mentally healthy.
Assigned to team "Insomniac's"

Attributes and Skills
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Don't get to crazy with the drone or bots, i'm not going to micromanage a ton of shit. I'm thinking maybe you get something like the support does in X-com 2.)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 02:30:02 pm »

Short story you were a programmer who built robots as a hobby, an anomalous event happened in your building and you managed to help a local GOC team. Wanting to do more you joined up and are now part of a team called the Insomniac's.

The GOC is a global paranormal group that focus's on keeping the human race alive, you are part of an assessment team. Whose job is to investigate and to deal with lesser threats.

Your job is as an onsite support, hacking nearby system, keeping eyes on the area, drone control, generally eyes in the sky oh and learning Eve readings(A tech that picks up life energies, can detect emotions and what they are). You have another week of getting to know your team before your first mission.

You are insanely out of shape compared to some of the physical gods around you, you have storm trooper level marksmanship.

What do you work on this week??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2016, 08:03:10 pm »

Probably best to focus on athletics. Being able to run away screaming can save lives.
Pages: 1 [2]