Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Global Occult Coalition-GOC (Ready to make your pants Brown Recruit?)  (Read 2293 times)

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile

Please sit down, no need for formalities at this point you basically have the job. I'm director Halls and i'm the supervisor for this area I approve all applications so as the one who hired you, it's my pleasure to say welcome to the GOC.

Now I've read everything I need to know about you in this file but I like to hear from the applicants themselves. 

What is this??
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Name:
Sexual Orientation:(Straight,Bi, Gay,Pan if there are others??)
Ethnicity:
Religious?:(if so what religion and how devout?)

Family ties: (a lot or non??)
Previous Job:(FBI agent, Special Forces, Police Detective, Spy, etc. Certain backgrounds make you more suited for certain jobs then others so be aware)

How you Joined:( Proven excellence in your field, encountered an anomalous event handled it well, or something else??) 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:55:00 am by Romans »
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Global Occult Coalition-GOC (Ready to make your pants Brown Recruit?)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:22:32 am »

Name: Jebediah Nix
Sexual Orientation:Bi
Ethnicity: Mixed Asian-Hispanic
Religious?: Agnostic existentialist

Family ties: Dear ol' Mum and Dad, little sister off in high school back at home.
Previous Job: Con Artist ( former actor )

How you Joined: Managed to impersonate an agent on leave for almost six months, bullshitted my way through every possible query and request while maintaining "sick leave".  Got a damn few good pay checks as well, at least until I got caught out.  Instead of arrest or instant execution like I expected, I got offered a job.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 06:45:43 am »

Name: Vanrik Vakari
Sexual Orientation: Attack Helicopter Asexual, personality is the main interest.
Ethnicity: Attack Helicopter Caucasian.
Religious?: The only one to blame for your failings is yourself. Why blame a fictional deity? Atheist.
Family ties: Minimal if any.
Previous Job: Self Employed Programmer and Dabbling Roboticist (Most income from commissions for websites and various minor to moderate coding jobs.) Major interest in 3D printing and self replicating machines. Relatively unknown amateur fiction writer with a focus of scifi and AI systems, mainly published on the web. Recieved Agency attention  after one of his coding projects gained anomalous properties while he was out shopping and hijacked a number of his robotic creations. His apartment complex was overrun with two major injuries and no deaths. Local law enforcement handled the incident with minimal difficulty due to the relative harmlessness of the hijacked bots. Class C amnesiacs were administered to all victims and witnesses post dispatch of mopup team. Upon return from his outing, Mr. Vakari was taken into custody.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 06:29:45 pm »

So some good ones so far, if this game goes ok I might do a multiple player after this because that could be a lot of fun with some of these roles.

Kevaks character: Would be more of a support role giving intel to the team going in, and hacking any thing needed. Drone support would also be a thing characters skills and profile somewhat like this.
Physicality: Below Average
Intellect: High
Social Interaction: Terrible
Creativity: High
Skills: Programming(Proficient), Intel Gathering (Average), Hacking(Mediocre), Robot Design (Beginner)

Where NRDL's Character is more a special operative, suited for undercover work.
Physicality: Above Average(Nice body but not necessarily fit)
Intellect:Above Average(More a quick thinker)
Social Interaction: Skilled

Skills:Forger (Above Average), Actor/role playing(Proficient), People Person/charm( Above Average), Sticky Fingers (Average), Reading people( Below Average), Bullshiting/lying(Good)

These are not all the skills but examples of them so get creative, and reminder this is a secretive organization you're joining. Who fights anomalous threats any they generally hire professionals with military backgrounds or suitable disciplines. So while civilians joining is possible they would have to do something impressive for the GOC to let them join. Rather then have amnesiacs applied to them.   

Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 06:53:03 pm »

But anyways we have two characters proposed, but no votes. So i'll give it another day or so before I decide.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 06:55:17 pm »

I'd say social interaction would be average to good with physicality being terrible. Remember, his main income involved building and coding things for people, that implies he's at least functional enough to have positive interactions and is able to keep customers.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 07:03:52 pm »

Hmm true that makes sense i'll finalize what the stats are exactly, and whoever gets picked i'll put the stats out before its locked in.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 07:24:25 pm »

Name:Custos promus ((guardian Butler))
Sexual Orientation:Demi sexual (turned on by emotions.))
Ethnicity:unknown visibly cacuasion
Religious?:the art of disguise always worshipping

Family ties:he claims your his family
Previous Job:buttler/assassin/disguised all three were my previous job.

How you Joined:he showed up personally walking in disguised perfectly evading all your guards and is itself not human and you hired him/her on the spot also best Butler.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:48:11 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 07:38:13 pm »

Name:Custos promus ((guardian Butler))
Sexual Orientation:Demi sexual (turned on by emotions.))
Ethnicity:unknown
Religious?:the art of disguise always worshipping

Family ties:he claims your his family
Previous Job:buttler/assassin/disguised all three were my previous job.

How you Joined:he showed up personally walking in disguised perfectly evading all your guards and is itself not human and is a anomaly to make sure it dosent ESCAPE you hired it also best Butler.
No you are defiantly human so a big no, while there are some who are abnormal in the GOC see Kitten from team Spark Plug. And over time you may encouter things that change you, and you may even learn magic or Thaumatology as it is called.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/goc-hub-page

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 07:45:12 pm »

Here's another for your reading pleasure to get an idea.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/rascal-one-actual

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 07:46:28 pm »

Ah okay I can change it then

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 07:55:50 pm »

Name:
"My name is Richard Davis"
"Seriously? Could you not tell that I'm a guy?"
He takes a breath, calming back down.
Sexual Orientation:
He pauses, gathering his bearings.
"Are you... flirting with me?"
He laughs sheepishly.
Ethnicity:
"White"
Religious?:
"Not really, no. Don't tell my parents."
He giggles a bit.

Family ties:
"Okay now I think you just want to know if anyone will care if I disapeer. I. Not sure I should answer this question."
Previous Job:
"I delivered pizzas."

How you Joined:
"I... Defused a situation. Someone heard, I got offered a new, better paying job.

(Edit: Wait, are we all playing as our characters? Or just nominating one for you to tell a story about?)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:00:20 pm by Again_Dejavu »
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 08:14:06 pm »

Sorry if this wasn't clear, this is for a single character as a suggestion story eventually I might make one with multiple people. But ATH i'm probably still going to have to change a few things to make it work just fyi.

And Dejavu no because your character has no applicable skills, would probably be given an amnesiacs despite contribution(What skills??). He of has something happen to him while he was a pizza boy and that's what led him to train to join but just a pizza boy would not be given a job. If a police detective managed to take down a type green(Reality bender) by themselves, that might warrant a job invitation but otherwise no. 

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 08:23:24 pm »

Sorry if this wasn't clear, this is for a single character as a suggestion story eventually I might make one with multiple people. But ATH i'm probably still going to have to change a few things to make it work just fyi.

And Dejavu no because your character has no applicable skills, would probably be given an amnesiacs despite contribution(What skills??). He of has something happen to him while he was a pizza boy and that's what led him to train to join but just a pizza boy would not be given a job. If a police detective managed to take down a type green(Reality bender) by themselves, that might warrant a job invitation but otherwise no. 
No problem.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 08:55:39 pm »

I love how all the characters so far are non military, when consider this type shit is stuff you can face.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/goc-tale-sequence-special-observer

No more links but you guys get the picture.
Pages: [1] 2