Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 63

Author Topic: Everything Gaiden: Endless Carnival [OOC]  (Read 46264 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Everything Gaiden: Endless Carnival [OOC]
« Reply #675 on: March 12, 2016, 11:14:30 pm »

look the point of this is to have fun and be silly and all but i think exploiting the obvious issues that multiverses cause to game the collectiverse's economy isn't one of them
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 12, 2016, 11:19:22 pm »

You know, since people can come and go as they please thanks to that bus stations, it's a wonder the worlds haven't just changed drastically. I mean, imagine what would happen if someone started introducing soma (which can force positive thoughts, making Grimm less of a threat) or Perplexicon weapons (which can generate their own potent magical attacks without requiring additional input, making Dust less valuable) into Remnant. Or if someone from a modern setting just brought back magical equipment and science fiction technology. I mean, even if they cease working due to incompatible laws of physics, the extremely hard sci-fi equipment could still be transferred since those don't require any changes to the laws of physics, they just run on innovations and/or principles that have been yet to be conceptualized. I mean hell, imagine what would happen if someone just brought modern technology back to the world at an earlier date. Just start transporting Kalashnikovs back to Rome or something, see if it still falls.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:21:16 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 12, 2016, 11:21:04 pm »

we understand
connecting universes breaks shit
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 12, 2016, 11:22:07 pm »

The fact that nobody apparently has supplies the idea that there are preventative measures in place (i.e. if you bring something to a world that cannot logically exist there, like a laser gun to anywhere in the 90's, it's saved somewhere until you go back to Endless) or that someone has, but the collectiverse doesn't like that and purged the offending matter/persons/universes.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 12, 2016, 11:22:32 pm »

Branching.  Timelines.

Thankyou!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 12, 2016, 11:23:09 pm »

I like to think there's a customs system in place to prevent that, complete with a Border Security style show :P

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 12, 2016, 11:24:54 pm »

Branching.  Timelines.

Thankyou!

we're talking about SPACE fuckery not SPACE-TIME fuckery
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 12, 2016, 11:27:24 pm »

Branching.  Timelines.

Thankyou!

we're talking about SPACE fuckery not SPACE-TIME fuckery
SPACE == TIME
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 12, 2016, 11:28:19 pm »

Oh, for the record, Aperture Science being multi-dimensional is in fact cannon as stated with the introduction of the Perpetual Testing Initiative.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 12, 2016, 11:30:35 pm »

I know.
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 12, 2016, 11:30:45 pm »

unless youre quoting some advanced theorist or something im pretty sure thats not true
Oh, for the record, Aperture Science being multi-dimensional is in fact cannon as stated with the introduction of the Perpetual Testing Initiative.
i cant believe aperture science has multidimensional, powder-based projectile weapons
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 12, 2016, 11:36:17 pm »

i will take your word for it
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 13, 2016, 01:22:08 am »

You know, since people can come and go as they please thanks to that bus stations, it's a wonder the worlds haven't just changed drastically. I mean, imagine what would happen if someone started introducing soma (which can force positive thoughts, making Grimm less of a threat) or Perplexicon weapons (which can generate their own potent magical attacks without requiring additional input, making Dust less valuable) into Remnant. Or if someone from a modern setting just brought back magical equipment and science fiction technology. I mean, even if they cease working due to incompatible laws of physics, the extremely hard sci-fi equipment could still be transferred since those don't require any changes to the laws of physics, they just run on innovations and/or principles that have been yet to be conceptualized. I mean hell, imagine what would happen if someone just brought modern technology back to the world at an earlier date. Just start transporting Kalashnikovs back to Rome or something, see if it still falls.
it doesn't work
because fuck you
that's why

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 13, 2016, 01:23:49 am »

[hypeman post]
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 63