Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Ocean of Stars IC  (Read 7913 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ocean of Stars IC
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2016, 12:00:25 pm »

Tokoda glances at Vaye questioningly, awaiting approval.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:55:22 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2016, 12:32:43 pm »

She began to reason her thinking out loud.

"Right...if you wanna make a quick escape, park close to the exit, right? And-we want to be out of direct firing line of any stationary defense emplacements...Scatterfolken gunners are a bit twitchy, they fire at everything!" *musical laugh* "Even the people not attacking them...need a landing spot with clear sight-lines, free of cover, limited entry points for incursions of hostiles...until we're sure no one else is tracking us down, we should err on the safe side, I think. Also don't want to get tangled in outgoing traffic on the exfil, if we have make a quick jump voidwards...no personnel or material target for insertion, which makes this all a bit easier..."

Fiori had not quite explained how she was so experienced in these sorts of matters.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:43:07 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2016, 12:55:24 pm »

"Aye, but if anyone sees us when we're berthed out in the ass end of nowhere, be it pursuers or the port authority, they'll know we're looking to hide, and then every cop or gangster will be stuck to our ass like a kraken. I say we bring her in with the rest of the crowd, to blend in. Splurge on a paint job, give her a new name, and then fly out, a new ship."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2016, 01:35:29 pm »

"Hmm, finer differing points, well made. Also, I'm operating under the idea that our pursuers know exactly who we are-and that we're coming here. Worst case scenario, and all. Hiding works best if they don't know what to look for. Otherwise I think it's better to find high ground, and be prepared for anything...if they aren't searching for us, your plan would work better. Less likely to draw attention in the first place.

Still, I guess why we have a Captain, to decide such things!

...Also, correct me if I am in error, but I thought it was bad luck to rename a sailing vessel?"
She asked, no doubt unintentionally dooming the crew just by bringing it up.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2016, 01:55:11 pm »

"...Also, correct me if I am in error, but I thought it was bad luck to rename a sailing vessel?" She asked, no doubt unintentionally dooming the crew just by bringing it up.
"Aye. And it's bad luck to have a woman aboard." Tokoda grins, wrangling the wheel against a sudden buffet of wind as they descended into the atmosphere. "You've got to purge her of her old name; scrub off the name, scratch it out in the ledgers, until there's nothing left aboard of her old name. Then, and only then, you can rename her." Satisfied that the ship was steady, Tokoda risked a glance towards Fiori, with a sly smile on her face. "This isn't my first voyage."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2016, 09:51:24 pm »

((Away for a few days. Sorry if there's any inconvenience.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2016, 01:14:40 am »

((Away for a few days. Sorry if there's any inconvenience.))
((The current-Captain nudges you to the OOC because there are fun-stuffs-happening if you OOC in the IC :P ))

Vaye pondered on the sage advice of a seasoned bodyguard, and a pilot far more experienced than the theoretical works books provided her. She then placed that advice in the shoes of the Captain and asked herself on if it would be practical if it was his choice to lead the crew here.

"I'd rather we go along with standard protocol--move with the port authorities and dock as normal. Fiori has a good idea; we can use it for later when we are bereft of the Captain's last will and mission, and when we decide to use our manpower and plans for other causes. As for now, we need to spend that 280 disks well. We're still licensed as a trade ship, so we must at least continue that service if we're to amount to anything here."

Get that mission completed. Get updated with results. Any mechanics on how we're able to make a profitable trade?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2016, 02:35:55 am »

"Is that a no on renaming the ship?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2016, 02:42:55 am »

"Oh. That."

Mulling these thoughts over--there was quite a...philosophy around ship names, especially if they've crossed far into the void and back. Knowing that the Captain was gone and it was technically that point in time wherein these things would occur normally...

"I- haven't decided on the name our ship will be bestowed. What does everything think?"

Open ideas for ship name?

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2016, 02:50:06 am »

Callisto manages to sneak up behind Vaye. "Perhaps we should name it after our dead captain? That way, he can live on in spirit, something something honor something eternal soul, and all of that stuff?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2016, 02:57:51 am »

"I thought you'd never ask," Tokoda says, as she pulls out a list.

"How about... Congenital Optimist? Funny, It Worked Last Time...? A Series Of Unlikely Explanations? I've got more if you want to hear 'em."

Callisto manages to sneak up behind Vaye. "Perhaps we should name it after our dead captain? That way, he can live on in spirit, something something honor something eternal soul, and all of that stuff?"
"Well, if the point to throw off people who are looking for us thanks to our involvement with the captain, we might want to not name it after the reason they're hunting us. Just a though."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2016, 03:01:39 am »

Callisto sneers. "Oh, then maybe let's just name it the S.S. Please Don't Hurt Us."
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2016, 03:05:02 am »

"We aren't sure the Captain is actually verified to be dead- or at least I don't. I didn't see him 'die'. So I'm moving onto the benefit of the doubt to go for a less...sentimental name and something along-

"Tokoda's list. Though I fear that we've to adopt a second role as performers if we're going for 'A Series of Unlikely Explanations' or something. The ship's name also represents her crew."

Vaye managed to remain calm despite only processing Callisto's presence currently. She initially thought he was speaking through the inter-comms, until she noticed a shadow behind her. He gave credit to his reputation in the dossier, though.

"But to be precise: We need a name that if, if we ever decide to head back to the same port we left the Captain on--along with probably tracking him down--and we find him alive, we can easily scrub it away as a guise. That 'if' also pertains to it being an actual name we can all live with pride with. That means a name we can bellow onto an enemy ship if they soever decide to attack us and we win."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2016, 03:07:30 am »

"Right, something incredibly stock and unimaginative. I'm thinking Starcrosser."
carrot cakeu

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2016, 08:25:18 am »

"We could call her the Bleeding Battleaxe, or Fiori's Fury...or the Berserk Baroness! No offense captain. How about the Dragon's Claws...the Butcher's Boat...?" Fiori opined, her mind going in one direction as usual. No doubt her choice of name would have them blasted out of the void as pirates, but at least it would be memorable.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9