Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Ocean of Stars IC  (Read 7929 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Ocean of Stars IC
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 09:55:00 am »

~snip~
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:37:41 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 12:13:35 pm »

Richard adjusts the sleeves of hist shirt to look impeccable and dashing as always.

"I would rather not destroy the door." Robert said with a strange accent. "Indeed, a malfunctioning, dented door might be the last thing we want in case something bad happens to the ship. I say our self-called master infiltrator should prove his skills, yes. There will be plenty of other things - and unwelcome personages - you can punch later, friend."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 01:44:53 pm »

"Has anyone tried the obvious, yet?" Fiori said, getting annoyed at the crews bickering. This was what happened when there was no chain of command!

Action: Fiori tries to think of a non-larcenous way to enter the door. Can I guess what sort of password would the Captain have chosen, based on my knowledge on him? Like a birthday, important date, reference to his past...? It would be something easy to remember, one thinks. Assuming it's the sort of door that relies on a code, not a key.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 10:27:09 pm »

Gert watches the spymaster and the elf go to work.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 10:39:44 am »

"I figure we thought about that before we tried more intrusive measures. Tokoda, are we there yet?"

While we reach our destination, ponder and open up for discussion a chain of action: I can act as pilot during battles while Tokoda mans either weapons of the ship, for example.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 02:48:16 pm »

Cormyr was hunting...granted, not in the usual way. There wasn't much for a Space Drakeling to occupy itself with on these longs voyages-he had depleted the small population of entirely terrestrial vermin after a few days, and had gone on to bothering the local Gremlins. There were quite a few of them-every time a bit of power leaked out from the ship, they congregated around it. He understood at least that such things were intruders, and had to be 'dealt with', though the reasons were entirely unimportant to a predator such as himself. He just found them, and left it to the lesser beings to deal with the details.

Thus, he was often found skulking in the vents, tiny claws clicking as he squeezed and slid along. When he found one of these 'energy leaks' and some of these malicious beings-he could detect even faint traces of energy, through use of the gem in his forehead-he would remember the area, then go and annoy someone until they followed him and fixed it. He could be quite persuasive with his solar powered eye-beams and magnetic talons.

Now, he was currently deciding who to bother. Surely, the short-and-hairy one was his favorite to annoy...the being had a way with the demonkind. He took off from his perch on the ceiling beams above everyones heads, and began gliding toward Gerts shoulder. He hoped he could dig his claws in a bit, really make it hurt. These creatures had tough skin-which would make it more enjoyable. As usually, he tried to be completely silent...

Cormyr is really not a nice Drakeling.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 11:20:24 pm »

Gert heard a bit of rustling from behind him. "Eh? What's that? He said, turning around, and was startled to see a medium sized scaled creature hurtling towards him. Cormyr, Gert remembered, was the resident space drakeling that had taken to annoying him recently. Really, he wasn't surprised that the thing was trying to again.

The drakeling glided into him, knocking him over and really messing up his beard. Disgruntled, Gert tried to get up over the drakeling, lifting himself off the ground using the drakeling's head as a support for good measure.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2016, 11:47:00 am »

Cormyr skittered out of the way as the Dwarf stood up, wondering if it was worth it to light the beings beard on fire...he was picked up by Fiori at this moment, however, tamping his anger. He would have his revenge later.

Fiori looked at Gert, smiling slightly. One notes her teeth are slightly fanged.

"He really likes you. Isn't that right, Cormyr?" She said, scratching the beasts scaly chin.

The space-drake scampered up her body to rest on her shoulder and squawrked in response, afterwards glaring at Gert with royal reptilian disdain from his high perch. Gert feels a slight burning sensation in his beard area...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:49:33 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2016, 10:42:45 pm »

It took a while, but eventually, the door clicked open, revealing the captain's room.

It... lacks a certain vitality found in the rooms of the living, now the owner is gone. Much larger than any of your cabins, the walls are covered in bookshelves and cabinets. Two chests - an study iron one and one of silvery feywood - both sit against the far wall, next to the messy bed. Only the iron chest has a lock - suggesting the feywood chest has a demon lock, that would require a password or code.
In the middle of the room is a large table, strewn with star charts and rolls of parchment. A snifter of brandy sits, half drunk, punning down the edge of a map.

The smell of some curious incense is thick in the air.  Strange. The captain was neither a godly man, nor a demonologist, who occasionally find use for incense in the more complicated rituals...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2016, 10:55:35 pm »

"You could say that. When he grows up, I bet he'll be a real...."

"What's that?" Gert said, sniffing, before looking down into his beard and seeing, lord upon lords, his beard was beginning to light. Patting it out quickly, he glared at Cormyr, challenging the reptile's royal stare.

"I'll think I'll help the pilot with course setting."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2016, 11:49:39 am »

Fiori didn't feel entirely comfortable about breaking into her former employers living area, but it was pretty clear someone had to search the place for clues to his death.

"...What is that smell, anyway? I know nothing of magic...

...We should do a thorough search, but respectfully-we're not looters. Whoever claims the Captain's title can inherit his goods, if he has no written will. We should look for any hint toward what befell him."
She said gravely.

Action: Check out the map and parchments-was her reading, marking or writing anything interesting down?

Also, back to my earlier action-would I have any idea what sort of password or code he would use to lock the chest?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:14:00 pm by Dwarmin »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2016, 01:38:01 pm »

Help Fiori with the thorough search for clues and other such things.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 02:53:27 pm »

Gert moves to help the pilot set course for Culworkes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 03:17:49 pm »

Cormyr glides back up to the rafters, watching Gert carefully.

Waiting.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 03:34:19 pm »

Tokoda glances over at Gert as he returns, and smiles as she asks, rhetorically, "Back so soon? How were the engine and life support?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9