Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Marauders  (Read 8678 times)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marauders
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2016, 11:03:58 pm »

Don't ask questions on why kids are worth more, but see the fact that these farmers managed to make that much cash here maybe we should let them stay. You know eat the eggs not the chicken.
Their entire combined life savings is worth the same as just one of them.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2016, 10:01:03 am »

Or maybe some rich, sick fuckos liked their meat young.
Selling children as prostitutes as a mechanic in a game could be interpreted as a violation of the forum guidelines, so do us all a favor and never bring up that idea ever again.

*Shudders* I know we're Marauders, but that's taking it way too far. +1 to GUNINANRUNIN's statement.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2016, 02:02:36 pm »

Why do we want to get rid of them? lets raise an army of child Marauders!
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2016, 02:27:25 pm »

Why do we want to get rid of them? lets raise an army of child Marauders!
+++++1
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2016, 06:43:51 pm »

It's a long, tiring march to Haven. These homesteaders hid themselves away well, but you managed to trail one of them back home. Your men grumble about the march, they grumble about not being allowed to mess with the women, and, of course, they rather pointedly ask about their pay. Nothing'll come of it, of course. They'll never split when a paycheck's on the horizon.

Eventually, you reach Haven. From the nearby hillside, it's a rather grim sight. A large, huddled collection of wooden buildings, clearly not the work of a master architect. Still, it's the closest thing to a city out in the wild, and it's what you'd call home.

After handing the rope over to your slaver friend at the market, you total up the loot from this little expedition of yours. A nice, hefty bag of 1300 salarius. The normal rules for divvying up loot set 40% aside for the boss, 20% for his second, and split the rest among the other goons, leaving you with 520 coins. You could spend more of that on yourself, of course, but your men aren't stupid, and they'll be very displeased.

On the way back to the tavern your band is staying in, you peek at a few of the market stalls. Little stands out, really, but you do notice a few things. A nice, brown duster and hat, a beautiful pearl-gripped revolver, and a saber. It'd probably be a waste of money, but, the romantic you are, you can't help but imagine how dashing you'd look. The full set would cost around 300 s, maybe 250 if you haggled with the owners.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2016, 07:08:16 pm »

Buy everything except the saber. haggle some.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:13:42 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2016, 07:16:05 pm »

+1 lets go for the real bandito look
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2016, 08:35:58 pm »

-1. Standing out is a good way to get killed.

((We should wait for more practical options to spend our money on that will make us more efficient killers. Like better provisions, powerful guns, more goons, mounts/vehicles, etc.))

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2016, 08:47:39 pm »

Yeah, hold off on it, look for ammo, guns, bombs, etc. A donkey or mule might be nice to carry larger quantities of taken goods.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2016, 09:49:26 pm »

+1 lets go for the real bandito look
+1
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2016, 10:51:32 pm »

Yeah, hold off on it, look for ammo, guns, bombs, etc. A donkey or mule might be nice to carry larger quantities of taken goods.
Agreed. Let's look for guns, and a wagon if we can find one.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2016, 04:55:51 am »

+1 to that group.
We are marauders and slavers not western cowboys.

1. Are our men spending all their cash on useless stuff or are they actually looking to improve our gun/provision/vehicle situation? If so pool the money with them.
2. Invest pooled money in some emergency rations and emergency alcohol rations (you might think that a stupid idea but keeping a band of murdering pillagers together is like running a ship, sometimes it might be wise to make them all drunk to lle tthem forget about their complaints for a while)
3. Look into buying a vehcile or at least horses or a horse drawn cart.
4. Look generally in what is on offer in regards to bulletproof vests and armors
5. Look generally in what is on offer in regards to weaponry.
6. Look into useful long term investments which throw off money even if our raiding goes to shit.
7. Look into gambling opportunities which cannot (or only with great difficulty) be rigged: gladiator and dog fights.
8. Look into some job opportunities and listen to rumours in regards to caravans, badly defended villages and so forth. Chat with the Slave Trader he propably knows best what kind of merchandise he wants and where he wants it from.
9. Look into whos in charge of Raider Town.
10. Look out for some murderhobos who would like to join our gang of murderhobos.
11. use a different verb any now and again... :P

EDIT: to the duster and hat faction, we can buy fancy looks later when we have load of cash on hand and the buying of such items becomes a fancy rather than a major investment. Right now its a waste of money.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:58:01 am by Ghazkull »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2016, 05:24:32 am »

Extrapolating on Ghazkull's ideas, suggest to the the gang that we all pool a portion of our loot to buy transport for all of us. Everyone gains by not having to walk all the sodding time, so they should be up for it.

Suggestions on transport include a couple of cars, a van or a cart and horse.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2016, 09:22:57 am »

+1 top the car.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2016, 10:14:40 am »

+1 to that group.
We are marauders and slavers not western cowboys.

1. Are our men spending all their cash on useless stuff or are they actually looking to improve our gun/provision/vehicle situation? If so pool the money with them.
2. Invest pooled money in some emergency rations and emergency alcohol rations (you might think that a stupid idea but keeping a band of murdering pillagers together is like running a ship, sometimes it might be wise to make them all drunk to lle tthem forget about their complaints for a while)
3. Look into buying a vehcile or at least horses or a horse drawn cart.
4. Look generally in what is on offer in regards to bulletproof vests and armors
5. Look generally in what is on offer in regards to weaponry.
6. Look into useful long term investments which throw off money even if our raiding goes to shit.
7. Look into gambling opportunities which cannot (or only with great difficulty) be rigged: gladiator and dog fights.
8. Look into some job opportunities and listen to rumours in regards to caravans, badly defended villages and so forth. Chat with the Slave Trader he propably knows best what kind of merchandise he wants and where he wants it from.
9. Look into whos in charge of Raider Town.
10. Look out for some murderhobos who would like to join our gang of murderhobos.
11. use a different verb any now and again... :P

EDIT: to the duster and hat faction, we can buy fancy looks later when we have load of cash on hand and the buying of such items becomes a fancy rather than a major investment. Right now its a waste of money.

+1, Later on we should really get our hands on a Saber though. Because it would be awesome, if somewhat impractical.

Extrapolating on Ghazkull's ideas, suggest to the the gang that we all pool a portion of our loot to buy transport for all of us. Everyone gains by not having to walk all the sodding time, so they should be up for it.

Suggestions on transport include a couple of cars, a van or a cart and horse.

Good idea, +1. We should really look for a Van of some kind, or maybe a few motorcycles and maybe an ATV or two. To help us on our way to being a Biker Gang.

On that note, we don't even have a Group name. I suggest that we name ourselves quod filios et filias autem licienta, that's Latin for The Sons and Daughters Of Anarchy. Maybe later on we could get some Leather Jackets with a group Emblem on them, it'd be good for our group identity but not right now, it'd draw way too much attention.

We should go get drunk at a Bar after we've finished spending our Money wisely, we're Marauders, after all.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5