Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Marauders  (Read 8680 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Marauders
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2016, 12:09:09 am »

Bah, let them go we're marauders not slavers. Besides, if we get a reputation as slavers we'll get a lot more resistance to our robberies and no one wants that.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2016, 12:17:13 am »

Bah, let them go we're marauders not slavers. Besides, if we get a reputation as slavers we'll get a lot more resistance to our robberies and no one wants that.

+1 its all about the PR
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 01:20:32 am »

+1 its all about the PR
+1 their gonna starve to death it's so much better then slavery.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 02:42:10 am »

Sell the people. We're practically nobodies. Selling people just one time won't establish us a reputation unless we brag about it or keep doing it. This is a good way to get us started with a nice injection of cash.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2016, 02:43:11 am »

Yeah. We need money, and who gives a fuck about random farmers?

Also, if we let them go they might bring some actual threats for us.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2016, 02:45:23 am »

+1 sell em.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2016, 04:17:53 am »

+1 to the selling.
Keep the Merchandise healthy and treat them well, no point of bringing damaged wares. Make sure the men keep their hands off the ladies they can go have some fun in town once we sold the slaves off.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 09:08:20 am »

Their probably gonna starve anyway.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 10:29:51 am »

Sell the people. We're practically nobodies. Selling people just one time won't establish us a reputation unless we brag about it or keep doing it. This is a good way to get us started with a nice injection of cash.

+1, we should also check out any nearby homesteads, there are bound to be some, and we might be able to recycle the torching a barn strategy. We could get some more prisoners and loot that way before the news spreads and a posse comes after us. Are there any Authorities in the wastes that hunt Marauders? If so we should be wary. We don't even have a group name, our Reputation won't matter if people can't even talk about us. The more money we have, the bigger and more well-armed our group can be, which should be our current goal. Once we get to Haven we should look into buying a Van or large transport vehicle of some kind, to give us some more mobility.

How much is a salarius worth? And why exactly would a family of Farmers build a homestead only one day's travel away from a place like Haven? Why are kids worth more at the market if they can't do as much labor as an Adult?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 10:52:10 am »

Don't ask questions on why kids are worth more, but see the fact that these farmers managed to make that much cash here maybe we should let them stay. You know eat the eggs not the chicken.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2016, 01:07:13 pm »

Don't ask questions on why kids are worth more, but see the fact that these farmers managed to make that much cash here maybe we should let them stay. You know eat the eggs not the chicken.

If you're suggesting that we tax them then no, there are only 8 of them, it's not worth the hassle. If we're going to tax anybody let's wait until we have an army, then we can tax an entire settlement.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2016, 04:46:42 pm »

Why are kids worth more at the market if they can't do as much labor as an Adult?
Maybe because they're easier to brainwash and control in general. Maybe it's just because they can learn more than adults.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2016, 05:16:20 pm »

Why are kids worth more at the market if they can't do as much labor as an Adult?
Maybe because they're easier to brainwash and control in general. Maybe it's just because they can learn more than adults.

Or maybe some rich, sick fuckos liked their meat young.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2016, 05:19:15 pm »

nah kids are good for mine workers. you don't need to dig shafts as big which saves on wood and other expenses tehy dont eat as much as a grown up and they can get to place adults cant makes them perfect mine workers...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2016, 05:24:44 pm »

Or maybe some rich, sick fuckos liked their meat young.
Selling children as prostitutes as a mechanic in a game could be interpreted as a violation of the forum guidelines, so do us all a favor and never bring up that idea ever again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5