Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Marauders  (Read 8665 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Marauders
« on: March 05, 2016, 05:44:03 pm »

It's nothing you haven't dealt with before. A big barn and a couple of outbuildings, a quaint little farm. A family of farmers, maybe two families, live in the barn, and they probably bar the door at night. It'd be hell to assault the place at night, and, if you attack in the daytime, they'll definitely return fire.

To your right, Rockwell spits out his roll-up, smashing it with his boot. He watches the farmers for a few seconds more, before speaking. "Should be an easy one. You see that outbuilding? Looks like a barn of some sort. Sneak up in the dead of night, toss a torch in, and wait for somebody to notice. They'll all run out to put out the fire...and boom. Easy, right?"

You're the leader of a band of marauders. Marauders are the scum of the earth. They prey on good, working people, murdering and pillaging. Many factions in the wastes hire them as mercenaries, or, occasionally, hire them just to go somewhere else. It isn't a glamorous life, but it's better than most.

Generally, it's important to remember that you're worst than just a scumbag. You're, in the eyes of "civilized society," a murderer, looter, waster, mercenary piece of crap. People you run into out in the wastes probably won't like you, but, with some work, you might move past that perception. Or not. It depends on how many guns you point at them. Good luck.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Marauders
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 05:46:17 pm »

((Seems cool.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 06:03:24 pm »

Wait until one of them visits the shit house and kidnap them.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 06:06:41 pm »

Make ourselves not look like a marauder swave our way in romance farmers daughter.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 06:15:27 pm »

Rob them and romance the farmer's daughter while we're robbing them.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 06:17:10 pm »

+1 A truly marvoulous idea!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 06:34:26 pm »

+1 but we take her with us alive for entertainment for the men.

((Also what weapons and how many people does our band have?))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 06:36:01 pm »

No she's our waifu.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 07:32:53 pm »

No she's our waifu.
She's our waifu but our men visual entertainment for the men, and we'll gut any man jack that lay a hand on her.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 07:34:57 pm »

Can you give us some details? How large and well-trained is our Band of Marauders? How well equipped and supplied are we? Do we have any vehicles, explosives, etc...? What brought the world to this post-apocalyptic state, and how long ago did that happen? What kinds of Factions are in the wastes and how much has society rebuilt? Is the Farm surrounded by Trees or is it in the Plains? Are there any Hills nearby?

No she's our waifu.

We don't even know whether or not the Farmers have a daughter. -1 to the waifu idea, what's our Band's mindset/philosophy? Are we just a post-modern-day Mongol Horde ripoff or are we a group of Bikers, or just a standard gang of Thugs?

PlayerGamer,  I'm sorry to drown you in questions, you just didn't give us much to go off of.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 07:42:45 pm »

Can you give us some details? How large and well-trained is our Band of Marauders? How well equipped and supplied are we? Do we have any vehicles, explosives, etc...? What brought the world to this post-apocalyptic state, and how long ago did that happen? What kinds of Factions are in the wastes and how much has society rebuilt? Is the Farm surrounded by Trees or is it in the Plains? Are there any Hills nearby?
-quotesnip-
We don't even know whether or not the Farmers have a daughter. -1 to the waifu idea, what's our Band's mindset/philosophy. Are we just a post-modern-day Mongol Horde ripoff or are we a group of Bikers, or just a standard gang of Thugs?

PlayerGamer,  I'm sorry to drown you in questions, you just didn't give us much to go off of.
Nine men. You have a semi-auto rifle, Rockwell has a shotgun, two of your other men have pistols, and the rest have various knives and clubs.

No vehicles or explosives.

The world's been like this forever, what do you mean "post-apocalyptic?" (AKA: You don't know, and nobody knows, because it happened forever ago.)

As for factions, that'll be fleshed out later.

The farm is in the middle of a large, empty field. The only major features are a small freshwater stream, and a dirt road that snakes by the barn.

You're really just a band of thugs, to be honest. More established marauder groups burn towns, sell slaves, and fight as mercenaries, but, honestly, your band usually spends most of its time raiding farms like this one.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 07:52:47 pm »

-quotesnip-
We don't even know whether or not the Farmers have a daughter. -1 to the waifu idea, what's our Band's mindset/philosophy. Are we just a post-modern-day Mongol Horde ripoff or are we a group of Bikers, or just a standard gang of Thugs?

Nine men. You have a semi-auto rifle, Rockwell has a shotgun, two of your other men have pistols, and the rest have various knives and clubs.

No vehicles or explosives.

The world's been like this forever, what do you mean "post-apocalyptic?" (AKA: You don't know, and nobody knows, because it happened forever ago.)

As for factions, that'll be fleshed out later.

The farm is in the middle of a large, empty field. The only major features are a small freshwater stream, and a dirt road that snakes by the barn.

You're really just a band of thugs, to be honest. More established marauder groups burn towns, sell slaves, and fight as mercenaries, but, honestly, your band usually spends most of its time raiding farms like this one.

OK, I have an idea...

These Farmers are probably decent people right? Let's take one of our most charismatic minions and have him disguise himself as a weary traveler wanting to stay the night, he'll stay there and talk to the Farmers and maybe learn how well-armed/prepared they are and then he comes back to us a day later and tells us what he knows. We'll be better informed about their capabilities then.

((What's the Tech-Level and what's the general Cultural and Geographical Layout of this region? How long have we been together and how loyal are we to one another? Who's Rockwell and who are we?))
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:54:50 pm by Ardent Debater »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 07:56:53 pm »

That'd take too much time, and is depending on the kindness of somebody.
Sneak into the barn. Move everybody with a gun into strategic places. Then get the other guys to get the family to head to the barn. Then tell them to surrender or die.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 08:10:14 pm »

That'd take too much time, and is depending on the kindness of somebody.
Sneak into the barn. Move everybody with a gun into strategic places. Then get the other guys to get the family to head to the barn. Then tell them to surrender or die.

We have plenty of time, and if these Farmers turn our minion away we can just go on with your plan. If they attempt to kill him ((I'm assuming our Marauders are all Males, correct me if I'm wrong)) then he can just run away, and lead them into an Ambush by our Group.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 08:52:17 am »

Plan Rockwell sounds good.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5