Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Valor and Blood: A Warhammer Fantasy SG  (Read 5951 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Valor and Blood: A Warhammer Fantasy SG
« on: March 04, 2016, 09:08:03 pm »

Times are dark for the Empire, the forces of Chaos in the North have begun to turn their sight towards the Empire's lands, the mountains that have long since been mostly silent have begun to stir with movement of Orcs and Goblins alike, and the disgusting Beastmen have begun to trickle out from the forests they call home. The days ahead look bleak, but hope isn't yet gone as the Empire's armies stand strong, and Kislev readies itself for the Chaos hordes soon to fall upon it though in the end little of this is known to you though you know the Empire has fallen on hard times right along with you. With little to your name and starvation as your companion you enlisted when you heard of the recruitment for a new regiment here in Ostermark, at the very least it would provide you with a stable source of food and decent enough pay. Not to mention that the recruiter you ran into was very persuasive, that and the two muscular brutes that had been flanking him looked like they weren't quite keen on letting the recruiter take no for an answer ...

That is how you've ended out here, on the road towards the edge of Ostermark's border staring at the World's Edge Mountains towering above you in the distance as you and the rest of the 75th Arquebusiers, 2nd Battalion march towards your new home, a decrepit stone fort clinging to the crest of a hill up ahead called Greywatch. Your commanding officer, a stone faced veteran of quite a few battles named Van Struten, was fairly clear on explaining the situation the fort was in since apparently it needed a new garrison after over half of its last one was slaughtered by an orc raid leaving the fort horribly undermanned, and severely damaged. The latter statement is reinforced by a gaping hole you see in the wall up ahead, and the completely shattered main gate which is currently covered in a swarm of people hastily trying to repair what can be fixed.

As the fort draws closer in the distance you suddenly hear the command for your company to stop as a white haired, and rotund man strolls in your direction with several men clutching firearms in their hands as they look at the fields, and nearby forests with a sense of alertness. The man clears his throat before he finally speaks up,

"As you all can see Greywatch isn't in the best of conditions, I am Captain Wilheim and I'll be taking over control of your company since your other Captain's ... tragic death."

The man's words remind you of a week prior when your force had been assailed by a beastman horde on the road, quite a few soldiers had been killed or wounded, but worst of all was your last Captain's death ... one of the monsters had torn him in half in front of the entire force before finally being put down. Wilheim seems to give you a moment to process the news before he speaks up,

"I know you're all tired from your journey, but the rest of the forces are about to set to work finishing what repairs can be made before night falls and we need some people keeping an eye out for an attack so I'll be splitting your company into eight ten man units to act as lookouts around the area. I don't know how your old Captain did it, but I'll be choosing a few of you on intuition to make sure your group doesn't mess up and changing as need be so do your jobs right until we get the early repairs fixed. Fail, and I'll use you to block the next orc that tries to climb over the walls."

With that he begins to go through, and split the eighty soldiers into groups of ten with a mostly even mix of halberdiers and arquebusiers. When he arrives in front of you he asks you the same question he'd asked the last seven people he'd pointed out.

"What's your name soldier?"

Spoiler: ?, Arquebusier (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:48:41 pm by adwarf »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Valor and Blood: A Warhammer Fantasy SG
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 09:11:25 pm »

((God I'm so tempted to say we are the God emperor of mankind.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 09:11:55 pm »

Since the Empire in WHF is germanic, let's go with something german...

Albertus Wagner
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 09:13:11 pm »

Albertus Wagner
+1
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 09:13:23 pm »

Female Albertus Wagner!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 09:14:09 pm »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 09:15:55 pm »

Slannesh?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 09:25:23 pm »

This is basically early gunpowder-era Europe. A woman in the military would be pretty rare, to say the least.

Someone named after one of the unholy powers would probably have been slain as a heretic long ago :V

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 09:27:37 pm »

((Wasn't there a division full of woman in Warhammer? Or is that just 40k?))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 09:29:53 pm »

((In 40k there are plenty of female soldiers, ranging from female Guardsmen to the Adeptus Sororitas, aka the Sisters of Battle. I'm not ruling out the possibility of an all-female division in WHF (I'm not as familiar with the fantasy lore) but my understanding is that in the Empire at least, women basically don't fight.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 09:31:41 pm »

((Wasn't there a division full of woman in Warhammer? Or is that just 40k?))
Just 40k, there are sometimes women in occupations like Witch Hunters, mages, or sometimes mercenaries though it is very rare since the Empire is literally just a somewhat fantasy version of the German Empire.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 09:38:22 pm »

((From a search bretonian characters Don't even think about and any non Bostonians would roll perception to tell a disguised female best bet would be a Tillman mercenary if we wanted to be openly female.))

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 09:48:56 pm »

Albertus Wagner
+1
+1
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Valor and Blood: A Warhammer Fantasy SG
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 11:06:15 pm »

"Albertus Wagner, sir."

Wilheim nods, and points to the nine people behind you.

"I am going to let you lead the nine behind you for the time being, your position is going to be on the far side of the fort where a smaller hill is looking towards the mountains and a section of woodland, try not to mess everything up if some orcs or beastmen decide to rush you. If danger appears make sure someone gets to the fort to warn us."

With that Wilheim heads back towards the fort leaving you to lead the group of soldiers towards the far side of the fort which after nearly fifteen minutes of walking reveals a small hill with a few tree on it overlooking the edge of a forest over a hundred yards away from the hill. Your newly assigned subordinates are fairly silent as you approach the hill, and seemingly fairly nervous with halberds and firearms strongly clench in their hands.

Spoiler: Subordinates(?) (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 11:10:54 pm »

Nicknames for the soldiers (since we sure as hell aren't going to know them long enough to remember names):
Halberdiers: Mustache, Patchy, Rat-Face, Pretty Boy, Sleepy, Eagle
Arquebusiers: Piggy, Hat, Crooks
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:12:43 pm by Sirus »

Pages: [1] 2 3