Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Republic of New Guinea Design Thread (8 Engineers)  (Read 16059 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Republic of New Guinea Design Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 02:20:12 am »

The war of glorious arsttzkan conquest a few years ago showed how important extra territory and resources are. since there is neutral land in between, I think we should focus our efforts on taking as much as possible, as quickly as possible.

one thing I am concerned with is, can our navy carry and deploy armored units? we might need some proper landing boats if we want to land a good force before having to conquer a safe port.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 03:07:14 am »

Is there any chance that we could pull off a ground-effect craft? I could seriously go for some ekranoplan...

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 10:39:47 am »

Which design is it people want me to roll for of all the suggested?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 11:24:57 am »

I think we need to wait on Funk showing up again, to see if they still support the GL or one of the new things.

RAM, for naming, I think its probably going to be along the lines of "initials of what the thing is dash date" while trying to prevent confusion.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 01:42:54 pm »

im still for the GL.

As for naming lets have thing plus date, only useing initials gets to confusing.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 01:58:40 pm »

im still for the GL.
Meanwhile the other side built jet troop planes and are now invading whole neutral ground at once. Like, kaman (hue) people...

Anyway, for future reference -
Spoiler: NG-H51 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:15:01 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2016, 02:10:13 pm »

That is going to have issues. That model appears to be for turbines, not the engines we have to deal with currently.

Do we have a name for the engines we have right now? I think they are just abstracted... And I really hope you are talking about using two of the engines from the AS-HF-32, and not two of the entire aircraft.
 Also to note, twin 90mm cannon for ground attack roles? Oof. That seems slightly overkill, and probably wont be that accurate...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 02:17:24 pm »

That is going to have issues. That model appears to be for turbines, not the engines we have to deal with currently. Do we have a name for the engines we have right now? I think they are just abstracted... And I really hope you are talking about using two of the engines from the AS-HF-32, and not two of the entire aircraft.
Shshshs, nobody is going to notice. Also, using two whole planes for engines sounds like great idea, we should try it.
Also to note, twin 90mm cannon for ground attack roles? Oof. That seems slightly overkill, and probably wont be that accurate...
Ey, we don't have rockets, I'm not sure if we do actually have the old Arstotzkan autocannon, and even if it seems to be too weak for that... also, if you overkill, you don't need accuracy. Those things will literally rip buildings and tanks apart.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 02:33:23 pm »

If they hit.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2016, 02:40:36 pm »

Twin 90mm cannons hit everything in front, with enough firepower shitty accuracy is a quality on it's own.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 02:56:43 pm »

Depending on if they are rigged to fire at the same time or independently, they only fire every two or four seconds, the four seconds being for slightly more manageable recoil. Not quite enough volume of fire to spray and pray an area, and heck, they may be unable to even do that. Depends on if we can make a 90mm autocannon out of them.

Then theres weight to contend with...

Anyways, as it stands we have two votes for the GL, Kot for the helicopter, RAM for his ground attack variant of the heavy fighter that includes a 90mm gun, and Andres wanting some form of transport beyond ships that need a harbor and big-ole aircraft.
Highly Opinionated Fool

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2016, 06:51:42 pm »

I thought it was a single 50mm forward and twin, umm, heavyish, umm, I did a forum search and looked it up, but umm, I meant the same weapons that the existing fighter had. Aren't they about 10-20 mm? Did I put in the wrong thing? It would be really nice to have local copies of the current technology and not need to dig them up out of the other thread... And then there is the flak turret on the back, which is probably impractical... But awesome, it would be grand to use it to discourage pursuit, and the odd flak burst over a troop formation would likely discourage retaliation as the plane turns away after an attack run.

*sighs*
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2016, 07:40:28 pm »

Read the First Post!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 07:55:30 pm »

*no reference found for UF-19*

Thought I had changed that over to the Bumblebee...must've missed it by accident.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2016, 08:27:09 pm »

The landmine and the radio are moskurg designs.

Which makes me sorta sad as one was made by my side which I still cant remember how to spell the name of.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15