Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (5 Engineers)  (Read 13181 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (5 Engineers)
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2016, 03:13:11 pm »

Note that such bolt II will be major effort or theoretical...  Also, I want to give some buff to our ground forces conquering Java and some new techs. I offer to forget about jets until we get jet technology ready, then develop a proper jet
I expected Bolt to be mostly useless testbed for new tech, it is better than I expected, but I still don't want to waste our actions improving it unless we have good reason to do so

If we want long range ground attack craft, Yellowjacket version may be better option

Upgrading T2 breakers by adapting bumblebee for it is an interesting route, even if it will be mid WW2 tank, it will help us conquering Java.

We can make a primitive "Katyusha" based on our truck to get the unguided rockets tech for future use.

We can do a revision of MK-47 to make a sniper rifle from it. It uses right kind of ammo for this.

We can upgrade our transport ships by adding helicopter decks and rubber boats

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 03:15:01 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2016, 05:51:56 pm »

We have no artillery support and it worries me...
How about something like this?

Tiger MLRS
A fairly basic artillery system that is nothing more than 40 70mm unguided rocket tubes attached to the UF-L2 Bengal truck. Rockets are expected to have 5km of range and carry 0.5kg warhead

[(3 Ore, 2 Oil, 1 chemicals) (Vehicle, Medium, General) New tech: unguided rockets]

Why only 70mm and 0.5kg warhead? Because I want small rockets that can be used on helicopters\aircrafts
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2016, 06:05:52 pm »

We have no artillery support and it worries me...
How about something like this?

Tiger MLRS
A fairly basic artillery system that is nothing more than 40 70mm unguided rocket tubes attached to the UF-L2 Bengal truck. Rockets are expected to have 5km of range and carry 0.5kg warhead

[(3 Ore, 2 Oil, 1 chemicals) (Vehicle, Medium, General) New tech: unguided rockets]

Why only 70mm and 0.5kg warhead? Because I want small rockets that can be used on helicopters\aircrafts

This seems like it'd require a design, but if not +1. If it does helicopter pads and rubber boats sound good, or maybe a variant of our ship designed specifically to carry cargo.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2016, 06:42:58 pm »

Well, might want to ensure there's a lot of tubes in the system then.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2016, 08:23:26 pm »

I;ll say that if that rocket truck actually requires a design, my vote is to simply armor our helos agianst small arms from all but short range. Shouldn't increase the cost too much to do so...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2016, 08:36:02 pm »

Spending revision on a minor change\fix is an obvious waste. Besides pigeon is 3 resources short, +1 and it is 4 resources short and one category more expensive.

I think revisions should be made only if we are sure that even rolling 1  we will get a design worthy to produce, that means that revision should fill a different niche comparing to the original design.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2016, 08:40:31 pm »

problem is we don't actually have very much to revise right now :P. I mean, sure we might be able to get away with adding rockets to a truck, but I'm not holding my breath for that. Which is why I think we should go for the armor idea as it helps us the most right now.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2016, 08:54:12 pm »

We have enough stuff to revise. Some revision are good short term, some are good long-term. Even Pigeon can be revised in many more creative ways than "make a minor improvement and hope for 33% chance to get a slightly better helicopter"

I know that Tiger is an attempt to get artillery in a cheap way (BTW, I forgot to edit general to specialized, no one noticed) and ready to abandon it giving up my attempt to game the system :D. Yet adding tubes to a truck is definitely not a new vehicle

We can improve just anything from our list of designs and benefit from it
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:56:34 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2016, 09:07:33 pm »

How about this then?

Cardinal Attack package. Basically, a system of bolt-on armor and twin 70mm rocket pods for the Pidgeon, transforming it into a light assault chopper. Armor only protects against small arms.

...not sure how we'd define what that is actually, but that seems like a better way to get rockets on a revision. Plus, being bolt-on means we don't loose the cheapness of the base model.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2016, 09:12:52 pm »

The problem is that we don't have much on the list that needs improvement. We kinda got some pretty good rolls early on so there's not much that we need to improve aside from the radio.

EDIT: Honestly, barring everything else I'd say just to use a revision on our aircraft .50 cal to fix the gun and give our troops a formidable support weapon really.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:14:26 pm by Taricus »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2016, 09:16:12 pm »

oh, right, the .50 that tends to jam. I'd be down with that.

Edit: In fact, here it is:

Buzzsaw .50 HMG. a revised version of our aircraft .50 that fixes the jamming problem, while also revising vehicle and tripod mounts for a more general troop usage.

[Medium, Personal, Specialized, 2 ore]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:20:57 pm by tryrar »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2016, 09:25:11 pm »

tryrar, This is definitely not a revision. You design a separate system(s) that can be used with existing helicopters. And it is very hard to fit into game mechanics.

Improving Yellowjackets just to fix machineguns is another case of minor improvement. I see no indication that jamming 0.5 causes any major problems on the battlefield. After all there are 4 of them, one or two jamming is not the end of the world.

Try to be creative, guys. Find revisions that give new techs(long term benefit) or helps us conquering Java(shorts term benefit) or helps us moving troops to other islands (Mid term benefit)

PS: Above is another way to get a design out of a revision. No, in fact you want to revise an aircraft and get a design in one turn.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:27:13 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2016, 09:27:08 pm »

Dude, we don't HAVE anything really to revise at this point, we're stuck with minor things right now. I at least tried to also get vehicle mounts and tripods for our .50

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2016, 09:28:50 pm »

Dude, we don't HAVE anything really to revise at this point, we're stuck with minor things right now. I at least tried to also get vehicle mounts and tripods for our .50
I have offered enough stuff to revise in earlier posts. I can offer many more or write more detailed options.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2016, 09:44:07 pm »

A .50 cal gun would be pretty useful in the ground battles though. And to be specific we're only revising a part of an aircraft. To wit though, we don't exactly have much of a revision options, outside of the radio which we've all basically supported to actually do any of those things. But if you want...

T2 Breaker II:
In essence, a T2 Breaker mounting a modified bumblebee cannon with a gun stabiliser to ensure accuracy on the move, and a .50 cal machine gun mounted on the commander's cupola. The engine is also to be refined so as to boost the performance of the vehicle. All other aspects are generally similar to the base tank it is derived from.

[Vehicle, Medium, General] (Cost Estimate of 6 ore, 2 Oil)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:02:28 pm by Taricus »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15