Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (5 Engineers)  (Read 13212 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (5 Engineers)
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2016, 06:42:12 pm »

Fire support is good, but command's major complaint is that the stuff we're putting out is too expensive.  Maybe it would be better to go for simpler things for now that we can roll out quickly then mostly forget about. A mortar will give our infantry units an appreciable amount of punch, and it shouldn't be any trouble to get them for every unit in a timely manner.

M52 7cm Mortar
(personal, medium, specialized, target cost 2 ore) A smooth-bore, muzzle loading mortar intended to be carried by weapon teams, mounted on a circular plate with a bipod for stability. It fires a fin-stabilized 7cm shell, and comes with high explosive, incendiary, and smoke payloads.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2016, 06:49:12 pm »

Actually, sod it. A hovercraft is actually pretty doable. The tech is there (Just needs refinement) so it's not impossible for us to do it. I mean if A single finn can make a perfectly workable one, why can't a whole bunch of us

So you know what? Here goes:

MALH-1 "Bottlenose" Hovercraft:
An ambitious small craft design intended to be fully amphibious, able to traverse over land and water with little difficulty on either. Capable of carrying a single squad into combat, whilst also able to engage light enemy units by itself with it's pintle-mounted .50 cal MG taken from the Yellowjacket. Mounting enough armour on the vehicle's upper half (Leaving the skirt unarmoured) to stop a .30 cal round and able to reach speeds in excess of 100km/h makes the craft difficult to deal with in it's preferred terrain.

Cost and size is as yet undetermined, given that I'm not sure if this would be a small vehicle or a very small ship.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2016, 07:24:39 pm »

I'd prefer a hovercraft able to transport at least a couple trucks. Maybe with a 25-30 ton payload capacity?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2016, 07:28:21 pm »

Hey I'd like it too, but let's not get that ambitious for our first design.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2016, 07:29:18 pm »

Hey I'd like it too, but let's not get that ambitious for our first design.

point. So we start with the bottlenose, then upgrade to the orca? I can get behind that!
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2016, 07:34:43 pm »

Doubly so since I think we can slap on some larger weapons onto the Orca.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2016, 09:40:08 pm »

An ambitious small craft design intended to be fully amphibious, able to traverse over land and water with little difficulty on either. Capable of carrying a single squad into combat, whilst also able to engage light enemy units by itself with it's pintle-mounted .50 cal MG taken from the Yellowjacket. Mounting enough armour on the vehicle's upper half (Leaving the skirt unarmoured) to stop a .30 cal round and able to reach speeds in excess of 100km/h makes the craft difficult to deal with in it's preferred terrain.

Cost and size is as yet undetermined, given that I'm not sure if this would be a small vehicle or a very small ship.
Fuck yeah. Let's do it. +1

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2016, 10:04:57 pm »

Fuck yeah. Let's do it. +1
+1 from em as well

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2016, 10:14:29 pm »

How big is it?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2016, 10:42:38 pm »

Around 6-9m in width, and approximately 10-14 metres in length.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2016, 11:12:09 pm »

Around 6-9m in width, and approximately 10-14 metres in length.

....when you said small, you weren't kidding :P

I'd say instead make it 12 meters wide and 20 in length. that's still decently small but can probably carry a good amount of troops

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2016, 11:47:34 pm »

That'll make it a lot more.. unwieldy in combat, and would almost certainly up the costs of the craft as well.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2016, 12:11:22 am »

That'll make it a lot more.. unwieldy in combat, and would almost certainly up the costs of the craft as well.

Oh come on, it's not that much larger :P. It's not like I said 25x50m :P

Anyways, if you feel that's too large, I can agree to 10x15

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2016, 12:24:18 am »

Still a bit too large for my liking. 9x14 is the largest I'm willing to get up to.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2016, 12:45:31 am »

Still a bit too large for my liking. 9x14 is the largest I'm willing to get up to.

......a difference of 1 meter a side is too much?????

Fine. 9x14
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15