Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (5 Engineers)  (Read 13198 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (4 Engineers)
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2016, 06:07:09 am »

Quantity
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2016, 06:57:06 am »

What makes you think we need more transport planes?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2016, 07:31:19 am »

Because our logistics are inadequate to our needs.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2016, 12:54:41 pm »

No I'm pretty sure our logistics are already fine for the moment. If anything spawning more designs would worsen it due to all the different parts we'd need to ship out.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2016, 01:46:57 pm »

It's all theoretical before the actual turn goes up, but I can see the concern. All of our units have adequate number of trucks, at least going by the deployment list, but our two cargo planes both seem to be tied up with our paratrooper units, and the 4 transport ships will probably be stretched fairly thin trying to transport however many divisions/regiments/whatever those numbers mean to Borneo or Java as well as regularly bringing them supplies from our core territories in Malaysia and Sumatra.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:48:29 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2016, 02:13:23 pm »

Those numbers should be increasing every turn though, so it's not much of an issue.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2016, 02:17:14 pm »

I suggest to read the first post of the topic.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2016, 02:56:21 pm »

We produce two of each per turn, right? Assuming command sees the need for so many. That might be enough of the planes, but a ship can carry a lot more cargo more efficiently than an airplane. Maybe a dedicated container ship would do us good. It'd let us free up our troop transports for strategic use, and we can get just as much, or more, supply forward with a much smaller vessel.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:00:01 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2016, 03:56:58 pm »

Turn

========================================================
To: The Board of Weapons Design

Your designs have done extremely well upon the field.  However, our limited ability to deploy
is still a problem that does need to be solved.  We got quite lucky in being able to capture
and hold the port long enough to supply our troops.  Try to deal with that soon.
========================================================

Spoiler: Deployment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:59:13 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2016, 05:10:30 pm »

heh, I'm actually gonna join in here! Reporting for duty!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2016, 05:20:16 pm »

Alright, nice to hear that good news. So, UR, you wanted a landing/logistics craft? This seems the turn to do it. That being said, I wouldn't mind revsing the bolt or the breaker to improve on them.

@Tryrar: Welcome to team sensible! Where our designs aren't theoretical! :P

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (5 Engineers)
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »

Here's a preliminary idea for a landing craft(no stats or anything):

NL-1 "Orca" Landing Assault Craft. This smallcraft has enough room to deploy a fully loaded tank+a couple platoons of infantry for support, or a couple Bengals+infantry. It also houses a Bumblebee AT-AA for air defense as well as troop support for the initial landing, as well as a couple pintle-mounted Sorraia positions. crew of 5-10 not including embarked troops
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2016, 05:51:15 pm »

Theoretically speaking, we can try to be cutting edge and develop a hovercraft.

On that note, we're Malasya, so we don't need a boat immediatly. Still half a country to take over.

As such, I propose this.

Unnamed Helicopter

A light, single rotor helicopter. Capable of carrying a few soldiers. Powered by a turboshaft engine.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2016, 05:58:14 pm »

Actually, thinking it over we might not need to worry about the invasion craft for the time being, unless command intends to invade borneo this turn while we haven't conquered the entirety of Java yet. that might give us some breathing room to develop artillery or other equipment we need.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2016, 06:12:21 pm »

Artillery? How about this:

Thunderclap 120mm MLRS. A vehicle about twice the size of a Bengal, the loadbed consists of a swiveling pod full of 12 120mm rockets capable of firing over 20 miles, and carrying warheads capable of blanketing a large area with submunitions.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15