Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (5 Engineers)  (Read 13177 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (5 Engineers)
« Reply #180 on: March 14, 2016, 09:55:43 pm »

Add a gun stabilizer and I'll vote for it. Yep, it means +1 cost category but gun stabilization makes tanks much more advanced and when we design a proper MBT we will the have an essential tech ready

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 14, 2016, 09:57:49 pm »

No enhanced materials for the armour or anything? I'm shocked. I'll edit the stabiliser in though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2016, 10:00:39 pm »

We don't want to repeat "successful" rifle of our enemy. Else I would try to fit more techs into the new tank.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2016, 10:02:34 pm »

A .50 cal gun would be pretty useful in the ground battles though. And to be specific we're only revising a part of an aircraft. To wit though, we don't exactly have much of a revision options, outside of the radio which we've all basically supported to actually do any of those things. But if you want...

T2 Breaker II:
In essence, a T2 Breaker mounting a modified bumblebee cannon with a gyrostabiliser to ensure accuracy on the move, and a .50 cal machine gun mounted on the commander's cupola. The engine is also to be refined so as to boost the performance of the vehicle. All other aspects are generally similar to the base tank it is derived from.

[Vehicle, Medium, General] (Cost Estimate of 6 ore, 2 Oil)

Sure, I'll go for this instead. It seems like a safer bet anyway. And are we all pretty much in agreement on the radio?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2016, 10:03:16 pm »

We don't want to repeat "successful" rifle of our enemy. Else I would try to fit more techs into the new tank.
True that. Even if it gets into production I hardly doubt there's going to be a lot of those rifles going around :P

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 14, 2016, 10:07:44 pm »

A .50 cal gun would be pretty useful in the ground battles though. And to be specific we're only revising a part of an aircraft. To wit though, we don't exactly have much of a revision options, outside of the radio which we've all basically supported to actually do any of those things. But if you want...

T2 Breaker II:
In essence, a T2 Breaker mounting a modified bumblebee cannon with a gyrostabiliser to ensure accuracy on the move, and a .50 cal machine gun mounted on the commander's cupola. The engine is also to be refined so as to boost the performance of the vehicle. All other aspects are generally similar to the base tank it is derived from.

[Vehicle, Medium, General] (Cost Estimate of 6 ore, 2 Oil)

Sure, I'll go for this instead. It seems like a safer bet anyway. And are we all pretty much in agreement on the radio?

yeah, throw in a vote from me as well
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2016, 11:11:02 am »

Any chance of getting our revisions rolled today Zan?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2016, 01:53:38 pm »

Any chance of getting our revisions rolled today Zan?

Only one I'm seeing any major support towards is the T2 Breaker II.  There is a bit of support towards the Tiger MLRS, but in my opinion, enough is change so as to make it a whole new design rather than a revision.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2016, 02:05:44 pm »

Revision :

UF-M8 Radio: Replacement of the vaccuum tubes utilized in the design of the radio with efficient transistors is supposed to severely reduce size and energy consumption, allowing for a significant increase in range and portability.
[(1 Ore, 1 Chemicals)(Personal, Medium, Officer) (New tech: transistors)

And ebbor's radio revision, which we basically had consensus on doing thus only argued over what to use for the other revision slot (Which is the T2 Breaker II)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2016, 03:53:42 pm »

UF-M8 Radio:
Replacement of the vaccuum tubes utilized in the design of the radio with efficient transistors has resulted in the transmitter and receiver to be miniaturized to be much lighter and provide greater range than the M4 Radio. However, to counter the energy consumption, the battery had to be nearly doubled in size, resulting in the radio being only two pounds lighter than the Model 4.
[(2 Ore, 2 Chemicals)(Personal, Medium, Officer)

New tech:
Transistors [5 Turns]

Revision 2 has been sabotaged by enemy infiltrators!  A penalty has been applied!

T2 Breaker II:
This variant of the T2 Breaker mounts a modified bumblebee cannon with a gun stabiliser instead of a Breaker cannon, and has a .50 cal machine gun mounted on the commander's cupola rather than a Sorraia. Fairly often, the gun stabiliser overcorrects for the movement of the vehicle, taking the aim off the target, and on rare occasions doesn't stop trying to correct until it hits one of the two extremes.  The engine had been attempted to be more fuel efficient, but proved to have far less fuel efficiency than desired.  All other aspects are generally similar to the base tank it is derived from.  Due to keeping similar size, the amount of ammunition it can hold is reduced to one-third that of the standard T2 Breaker, preventing long engagements.

[Vehicle, Medium, General]
(Cost Estimate of 7 ore, 3 Oil)

New Tech
Gun Stabilizer [5 Turns]
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2016, 04:17:33 pm »

Well shit. Didn't expect the tank to go that badly. Think we might need to ensure the crew doesn't fire it while moving, and possibly using it as an addition to our tank battalions rather than replacing the Breaker.

Radio went pretty well. A little more costly but it didn't get any more expensive than what it would've been anyway.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2016, 04:32:08 pm »

The Breaker II is more of an assault gun than a main battle tank, it seems. Not completely unusable, but not really what we wanted either.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 17, 2016, 04:32:54 pm »

Yeah. That being said it's not completely unusable.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2016, 04:52:11 pm »

Can we afford to deploy it?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2016, 05:12:08 pm »

No. It ended up theoretical, it seems. We should be able to field it when we finish conquering Java though, just in really small amounts.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15