Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Pokemon Life and Death: A super morbid Pokemon RP! Waitlist open![7/7]OOC  (Read 8311 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

Once a person reaches the age of 10, they are able to train and battle Pokemon... At least, in most regions. But, not in yours, the region of Morta. In Morta, people can only accept Pokemon once they have lost someone dear to them, as the Pokemon found in these regions are particularly vicious. They will not stop to kill a trained Pokemon, and even the trainer themselves. So, the trainer must be prepared to lose everything, as nothing is permanent. This also means there are many different kinds of people who train Pokemon.... As they have all lost someone, and train Pokemon to protect those left, or to fill the void in their souls.

You are one of these people, and today, along with a few others, you are flying to the region of Morta, to become a trainer there. Your reasons may be different, but that does not matter now. All that matters is picking up your life from where it once was.

Welcome to the region of Morta, people! Where Pokemon die for real, and untrained ones are actually monstrous! Fun! This will be mostly RP-based, like the TV show, you will be a group of trainers wandering through the region, to defeat the Elite Four (oh yeah, and trying not to die.) There will be battles, and these will progress much like the ones on the TV show, as in this example scenario:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Etc., etc. You can command your Pokemon to dodge, and perform any attacks they have learnt, but so can the opponent. The outcomes will mostly be determined by rolling some dice, with modifiers and skills, depending. Your starter Pokemon will be determined by you, and can either be original, or from one of the pre-existing regions. It must be either Grass, Fire, or Water type. It will start at Lvl 5, and know two basic attacks, which will be determined by me, the GM. These Pokemon will listen to you no matter what, but ones that you catch may not be so obedient, and until you have levelled them up 3 times, they have a varying chance to actually listen to you, and they may just do what they want. This won't generally involve getting themselves killed though, which is good.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

IC Thread
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:19:12 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently Accepted:
Team Metrom:
Twinwolf -
Spoiler: Felicia Aethen (click to show/hide)

Kansa -
Spoiler: Lacie Aliesas (click to show/hide)
Sirus -
Spoiler: Cynthia Cain (click to show/hide)

Team Vitae:
Demonic Spoon -
Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
AbstractTraitorHero -
Spoiler: Aqua Jellicent (click to show/hide)
Sl4cker -
Spoiler: Umbria Blanche (click to show/hide)

Lone Wanderer (s):
Yourmaster -
Spoiler: Alex Ramen (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:
People on the waitlist will be introduced as a Lone Wanderer at some point.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:29:06 pm by DigitalDemon »
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: JeanVtu (his parents forgot to put a space between his last name and his first name)

Backstory: Jean used to be an ordinary man, living with his adopted 9 year old son named Shaun. He worked at a local Glitch Research Lab (GRL, for short), where dedicated scientists carefully observed how the fabric of reality worked, especially when exposed to certain... strange Pokemon. One day, on Take Your Son to Work Day, Shaun touched one of the strange Pokemon. He was instantly ripped apart and sucked into the void, never to be seen again. Jean was devastated, and searched for ways to bring his son back. His efforts have been mostly fruitless so far, but he has recently discovered a promising lead that has led him to the Morta region...
Description: He looks a lot like Professor Oak, but with a different hairstyle and a tendency to fidget when he isn't doing anything.

Skills:
Executing Gliches, Research, Resisting Insanity

Favourite Pokemon type:
Abnormal Types (Cooltrainer, Bird, etc.)

Starting Pokemon:
Missingno. (standard form)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:10:42 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 01:19:55 am by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Reserved making character.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do they have to be pure water/grass/fire type or can they be duel type?

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do they have to be pure water/grass/fire type or can they be duel type?
They can be dual type, but check with me before making it so, and nothing too weird, like fire/water. For example, you could have a bulbasaur, which is grass/poison, or some other thing.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that should be fine. Ghost types may even have some special abilities I haven't mentioned, as well.....
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Accepted. I may make it so there are three main trainers, and then others can join as important plot characters. How does everyone else feel about that idea?
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Browsing through bulbapedia, I'm guessing mythical Pokemon fall under the legendary ban?  :P

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Browsing through bulbapedia, I'm guessing mythical Pokemon fall under the legendary ban?  :P
Well... I could let some slide. What exactly were you thinking of?
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Well... I could let some slide. What exactly were you thinking of?
Celebi

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... Alright, I'd be fine with that, because it's not a god or anything. But this does mean you won't have a starter Pokemon that evolves, Celebi won't show up in the game aside from the one you have now (legendaries/mythicals are unique), and that it will start at level 5 with 2 moves of my choosing. That all good?
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Question: Does the starting Pokemon need to have a primary type of WGF, or can the secondary type be one of those instead?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9