Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pardoning criminals  (Read 826 times)

doomlichen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pardoning criminals
« on: December 12, 2007, 08:10:00 pm »

Is there a way to do it? My legendary weaver had a masterpiece in the trade depot stolen cause all my guards were eating or sleeping and went on a tantrum.

He took down a loom and beat up my mayor (mayor was eating while weaver was on the attend meeting task) and is now assigned to a beating and 26 days in prison. He has since calmed down and I never assigned a sheriff so that's all well and good, but my mayor is getting constant "criminal didn't get punished" unhappy thoughts and I don't want my weaver to suddenly get imprisoned when I finally do assign a sheriff.

Also, anybody wish the attend/conduct meeting jobs are organized in forced pairs? It seems that my mayor never coordinates the meetings with the other party. It takes a season for the liasons to finally get out of my hair and consolation happens once or twice in a blue moon.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pardoning criminals
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:28:00 pm »

Theres no real way to "pardon criminals , but there two workarounds.
Either
1: just ignore it. The mayors "unhappy because of unpunished criminal" thoughts should be completly ofset by the thoughts he gets from his prissypants great grand little dining room with his litttle china teacups and whatnot.
Or
2: Go with it. Build a really nice jail with a bed and booze stockpile, assign a sherrif with no skills or weapon, and draft the weaver and give him the best armor you have. If the weaver gets injured, heal.exe him. 28 days in prison isn't too long, I've had dwarves stay in my jail for ~300 days (2 murders) and make it out quite content.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.