Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: You Can't Die: Medieval Mayhem. (Storytelling Game)  (Read 9650 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die: Medieval Mayhem. (Storytelling Game)
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2016, 10:17:20 am »

You quickly check if Epona is in heat, but thankfully, she is not. You wait for the trumpet to sound, then hurtle off towards Lord Soarmo while he hurtles towards you as well. You try the same jousting tactic that you did first found, but Lord Soarmo was prepared for it, and he never let his shield cover his vision, therefore, he brought his shield down in time to block your lance. You blocked his lance as well, but it had quite the force behind it which sent you reeling slightly. You turn to prepare to joust again, but Lord Soarmo didn't want to he came at you immediately, tossing his lance and drawing his sword. You do the same, and do a much slower pass, blocking his sword as you pass. You stop Epona and you two engage in close combat. He pushes you and you are about to fall out, but Epona moves away which allows you to regain your balance. He comes at you again.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Suppaidaman!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2016, 10:29:13 am »

As the knight charges, sidestep, twirl around, and whack him with your sword, adding to the momentum he already has and causing him to stumble.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2016, 10:36:20 am »

As Lord Soarmo charges at you once again, you dig your heel into Epona's side. She does a little hop to the right, and you lean to avoid the sword swing, following up with a swing of your own that hits Lord Soarmo right in the back, adding to his unbalanced posture, sending him falling from his horse. You tries to stand up again, but you are on him once more, knocking him down again, and making the "killing" blow while you are still on horseback. The crowd cheers, and you help him up. He seems a bit angry about losing, but he still gives a respectful bow to you and to the king. You do so as well, and see that... Sir Henry was back... And he was smiling. You hope that it is just a coincidence.

You go back to the waiting room, and watch the match between Sir Kenneth and the last Bescali knight. Sir Kenneth wins pretty easily. Knocking the man off of his horse in one pass, then finishing him off on the ground. There is a short break to allow sir Kenneth to recover, then you two are once again sent in the arena. You look up in the crowd, and this time, you see your family! They are quite fir back in the crowd, but that would be because Allys doesn't want to be recognized. You make sure she knows that you saw her, then get ready for the final match of the regular tournament.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2016, 12:49:16 pm »

Don't make it too obvious that we see our family. They might be looking for our family as well!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Suppaidaman!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2016, 02:09:26 pm »

Calm your breathing in preparation for the next match, using the breathing technique you learned of in your journeys to the far east.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2016, 04:14:40 pm »

You remember back to your days as a knight... before your days as a knight, and remember one of your travels to the east where you learned deep breathing to help calm your heart down. You do so now as the trumpet sounds. Epona instinctively charges forward without you needing to give a signal. She charges, and you and Sir Kenneth brace for lance impact. This time, you continue the charge, and both of you smash into each other's shields with enough force to break both lances, and throw you both from your saddles. You stand up and see Epona quickly coming to a halt, and Sir Kenneth's horse doing the same. Do you mount again, or charge Sir Kenneth and prevent him from mounting?

OOC: Don't worry, in a few more actions, all hell will break loose.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2016, 05:03:32 pm »

We will mount Epona and fight like knights.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2016, 08:42:59 pm »

You see Sir Kenneth go run for his mount again, so you whistle and Epona comes to you. You mount her before Sir Kenneth is even up, and you charge. He turns to face you just in time to block your sword strike with his shield, but he falls off again. You take advantage of this and fight him from horseback, where your height gives the advantage. You beat stroke after stroke on his shield until his shield fails. With nothing left to do, he tries to push you and Epona over, but Epona was much to strong. You finish him there and then. The audience was a bit unenthusiastic given that this brawl was much shorter than the previous, but there was still one more battle before you are made champion. After that, then you might have a chance to talk to the King and Queen about what had been happening throughout the land. You watch Sir Henry, the King, and the Queen leave their pavilion for the break between now until you fight Sir Henry. You go back to the waiting area, which now only had you and Tolly. Tolly gives you some water, (from another source) and removes your armor so you can rest. He then goes to remove Epona's armor so she can do the same. You were relaxing when the shouts started coming through the arena. You ignore them at first, but the Tolly comes running to rouse you. "Sir! Sir Henry has kidnapped the King and Queen! They've been taken to the Citadel where they are being held hostage!" You grab your sword and run out. The King and Queen were indeed gone. You look up at your wife, and see the thing you dreaded most about knighthood. There were 4 Bescali knights, ones you fought earlier, charging your family and Sir Ferant. Your wife and Sir Ferant hid the two children in between them, but Allys, wielding just a knife, was easily disarmed. One man grabbed her and carried her off while another grabbed you son. You couldn't do anything. You were too far away and had no ranged weapon. Sir Ferant, already injured and fighting two knights, tied to stop the man from taking you child, and he was cut down from behind. Your children and your wife were probably taken to the keep as well, to be held as hostage. Somehow, they had found out... that Allys was the crown princess. Tolly brings you back to your senses and you notice that the someone had set fire to the arena. You need to get out of here and you don't have time to get your wolf armor back.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2016, 08:44:22 pm »

RUN AS FAST AS U CAN

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2016, 08:56:46 pm »

Those fools have taken our family!

Go get our Dragon armor. Today they know why everyone feared "The Red Baron."!

We're going to save our family, and the King and the Queen and give that 'Sir' Henry a spanking he deserves or our name isn't Manfred von Richthofen!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2016, 09:37:17 pm »

You tell Tolly, "Get Epona! Meet me outside. We need to go somewhere. You rush out of the arena, which was rapidly becoming a hellscape. You wait outside and hope that Tolly can get Epona out in time. Just as the roof begins to collapse, you see Tolly running out of the exit with Epona right next to him. You look at the citadel, and sure enough, it seemed that every Bescali knight had gone there and taken it over. The King, Queen, and crown princess were all in there. Nobody was getting within 50 feet of the outer walls, no doubt because of the hostages inside. You lead Tolly and Epona away, towards the Cellar where your old armor was hidden. Tolly asks you, "why did they take your family? They aren't worth very much as a hostage." You answer. "My wife, Allys, is the crown princess. I was married to her nearly 8 years ago. It was after I won the tournament that year. But after our marriage, the first signs of an attack from Bescal were evident. Allys had an attempted assassination nearly every week. The King and Queen decided that it was safest if we went into hiding to protect the royal liniage. So I hid my armor, went to twostone barony with her, and started life as a peasant. And it was quite wonderful to be safe from nearly everything. The King and Queen never new where we went. Epona here has been my horse since that tournament day. And my two children are royalty as well. I hope that explains everything. Now. We are heading to where I stashed my armor of old. My hope is that when people see it once again, It will give them hope and perhaps I could arrange something, or fight my way in if I have to.

You reach the cellar and tell Tolly to start armoring Epona with the armor you send up. It is grueling work, carrying all the barding up through the hole but eventually, you are finished. Epona looks just as majestic and menacing as she did all those years ago. You then tell Tolly to help you carry your armor out, and then he puts it on you. You have a moment of nostalgia as you mount Epona, completely covered in the highest-quality armor money could buy. Then, you calmly trot towards the city center, so as to not tie Epona out. Once you reach the Citadel, there was a massive crowd of lamenting people keeping their distance but still watching the Citadel as if hoping the royal family would magically exit. Then, one person looks back and sees you. Then another. Then two more. Suddenly, everybody is looking at you, and cheering as if the battle is won. In fact, you have no idea how you are going to get in through the wall, much less save any of the royal family. But the people suddenly go silent, looking at you expectantly. The Bescali knights and archers on the wall also look at you. You trot forward past the line of people, into archer range. One archer fires, but it bounces harmlessly off Epona's flanchard and skids across the ground. Everything is suddenly silent. Almost as if they want you to make a speech...

OOC: Better make it a good one :)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2016, 10:07:00 pm »

Turn our head around at the people watching us. Asking them "Are you expecting a speech from me? expecting that I am going to say some Magic words and make everything all the better again?" Let the Silence hung for a moment before continuing, drawing our sword and pointing at the walls. "Behind that wall lies our King. Our Queen, the Entire damned Royal family, maybe even some of your families. And It also holds my family. Now is not the time for speech, for rosey words. I leave that for the Bards. For when I hold in my hands a lute or a woman I love. Now is the time I hold the sword and shield, now's the time for War. I ask not that you risk your lives, but the Royal family have been treating you well, have they not? they've kept you free, safe and fed. Helped you in times of need."

Turn to look at those bastards on the walls, asking loud enough for them to hear.
"So I have but one question for you, foul usurpers." We let the silence hung a little while, before asking "Do you hear the people sing? singing a song of angry men."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 10:09:18 pm by vkiNm »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2016, 10:53:15 pm »

You Turn your head around at the people watching us. Asking them "Are you expecting a speech from me? expecting that I am going to say some Magic words and make everything all the better again?" You let the Silence hung for a moment before continuing, drawing your sword and pointing at the walls. "Behind that wall lies our King. Our Queen, the Entire damned Royal family, maybe even some of your families. And It also holds my family. Now is not the time for speech, for rosey words. I leave that for the Bards. For when I hold in my hands a lute or a woman I love. Now is the time I hold the sword and shield, now's the time for War. I ask not that you risk your lives, but the Royal family have been treating you well, have they not? they've kept you free, safe and fed. Helped you in times of need." You turn to look at those bastards on the walls, asking loud enough for them to hear. "So I have but one question for you, foul usurpers." You let the silence hang a little while, before asking "Do you hear the people sing? singing a song of angry men?" The crowd behind you starts screaming in rage. Some of them take eager steps forward, but periodic archer fire forces them back again. Soon after, you see Sir Henry appear over the wall surrounding the citadel. "ENOUGH." He shouted. The crowd gets louder, but quiets down when he yanks Allys up with him. You stare with hatred. "You people don't get it. Do you? An army is coming as we speak, passing straight through Twostone Barony to get here. Your guards on the outer wall are going to open the gates, or the entire Royal Family will die. Look at this woman. She is the crown princess whom you thought had died 7 years ago, but she was merely hiding like a coward along with her husband." He gestures at you, then talks directly at you. "I'm glad you went through all the trouble of digging up your old equipment just so that people can see you die. Here's how this is going to work. You are going to take off your helmet and come inside the citadel now, or your wife will die." He held a knife up to her throat. "Actually... No. I think it would be much more amusing if you charged to your death. How about this... I'll lock your wife in the royal bedroom, along with her entire family, and let's see you try to "rescue" them all. I'll even open the gate for you." He gestures, and the portcullis slowly opens. You stay rooted to the spot, thinking hard. "Come on now," says Sir Henry, "I guess you really are a coward. hehe." He disappears from view. You think about the citadel. Once you get through the portcullis, there will be men inside the courtyard, archers on the wall, and some ballistae and catapults as well. The archers won't pose much of a threat to you, but one might get a lucky shot and hit Epona in one of her legs. The balistae would be a danger to you all the time since their heavy heads will tear straight through any armor, and the catapults would simply crush whatever it hits. Past the courtyard, to get into the citadel proper, you need to open a second gate. You would have to somehow get inside the enclosed building. You don't know quite how to do that yet. Then, you would have to fight through the throne room, no doubt filled with more men and archers, climb the spiral staircase, which gives the height advantage to the enemy, then, somehow get through the iron- reinforced door into the Royal bedroom... Where there would no doubt be more enemies to fight. How was it possible?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2016, 10:59:09 pm »

Welp, if we are to die. We won't die with others thinking that The Red Baron was a coward. Dismount our mare and give her mane a gentle pat. Say to her "Looks like it's time we part for now, Old girl. You stay, I go. No following." Then let Tolly get a hold of her to keep her from following us.

Dramatically turn around to look at the crowd, give them a slight bow and declare "I'll be back." Then start marching towards the gate.

Check our pouch-o-pebbles meanwhile. Looks like we're going to have to murder a whole lot of people to save our family.

Strap our shield to our back and take out a handful of pebbles, the moment we see those balistas and catapults, we throw our pebble at their operators.

They can't be a threat if there's nobody to use it, right?

And maybe if we stay alive long enough kicking ass, people will rally to help us! maybe.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2016, 11:06:30 pm »

(I hope I don't sound rude, but I think the throwing pebble thing has been used too much. Would you mind changing to something else? After all, it is basically the finale. Some unique awesomeness would be the best. Thanks.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10