Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: You Can't Die: Medieval Mayhem. (Storytelling Game)  (Read 9653 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die: Medieval Mayhem. (Storytelling Game)
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2016, 11:13:46 pm »

-Try to keep your suggestions interesting and unique. Don't use the same action over and over again, or say "kill everything." It will make it more entertaining if you are more specific and creative with your suggestions.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2016, 08:06:00 am »

Looks like it's going to be just me. :c
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2016, 10:02:21 am »

You jump off of Epona towards Lord Morgorm. He swings his sword again, and it passes underneath you, right where you had been sitting a moment before. You reach out and grab his neck in your bloody hands, then the rest of your body slams into him. You both fall off of his horse, and tumble along the ground. You twist your body forwards and backwards such that Lord Morgorm always landed on the ground with you on top of him. At some point, his helmet flew off. When the pair of you finally come to a stop, you draw your sword and place it against his throat. You say, "Do you yield." "Never" Came his answer. You ask him once more, looking as threatening as you can manage. "Do you yield?" You push the blade into his throat and a small trickle of blood comes out. You see his eyes dart around probably looking for Sir Henry to save him, but Sir Henry was long gone by now. He hesitates, than answers. "Yes." You release the blade from his throat, completely remove all his weapons, and help him to stand up. He had several broken bones. With some struggle, you place him atop Epona, tie his charger to Epona's saddle, then mount behind Lord Morgorm. If Epona was strained by the extra weight, she didn't show it. She cantered back towards the keep, where the peasants were chasing off the last of the besiegers. They celebrated when they saw you come back with Lord Morgorm captured. You dismount and tell the surviving squire to take Lord Morgorm to Lord Heriot. You then find Sir Ferant on the ground. His face grimacing with pain. You go to help him up, but he seems determined to die a heroic death. "No! Leave me! The pain is too great, let them think I died helping to defeat that traitorous swine."
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2016, 01:29:45 pm »

Kneel by his side, then slap some sense across his face.

Ask him if he felt that. He does? Good. That means he's still alive. He can still stand, his hand can still grasp a sword. And as long as his blood is still warm, we will not let our battle brother suffer the pain of death from such a mediocre battle.

Pick him up-armor and all-, and Fireman carry him up to the keep to find someone to heal him. Looking awesome the whole way through, carrying a fully kitted Knight like that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:08:34 pm by vkiNm »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2016, 05:36:19 pm »

You kneel down by Sir Ferant's side. He looks at you and starts to say, "I want you to take on my legacy, and..." Then you slap him across the face. "Did that hurt?" You ask. He is stunned for a moment, then looks at you angrily, "of course it hurt. What? Are you trying to humiliate me right before death?" You answer. "If that hurt, then that means that you aren't going to die. Now let's get you back to the keep so the baron's physician can look at you. You bend down to pick him up, but he screams in agony. You drop him again. "I think all my ribs are broken." He said, "Be a bit more careful or one of them might burst my heart or something." You summon some men and they evenly pick him evenly while you bend on one knee. They slowly place him over your neck And you rise, carrying a 200 pound man inside a 50 pound metal encasing. You then start to jog, keeping your upper body extremely still so that his discomfort is minimized.

After a short jog, you bring him back into the castle and ignore everybody else in order to get to the baron. "Lord Heriot!" You ask, "Sir Ferant needs to see your physician immediately." "Oh, by all means." He says gesturing you towards a side room inside the citadel. You walk inside and see a very short, young man standing next to one of the injured farmers from the first battle. It appears that he was just finishing checking him out. But he stops when he sees you. "Oh! Sir Ferant is injured! Place him on the table, quickly! Help me remove his armor! What happened to him?" "A horse kicked him" You say, not saying how Sir Henry was a traitor. You quickly remove his armor and he has a extremely swollen, purple chest. The physician says, "Lucky thing his armor distributed the blow across his whole chest. Better to have several broken ribs than two holes in your chest. Please, leave me to my work. There is nothing more you can do." You leave, wondering how long it would take before he recovers. At about this point, all the adrenaline from the previous battles leaves you and you feel exhausted to the point of falling over. However, before you can, Lord Heriot catches up to you and says, "come to my quarters. I need to know what's happened." You follow him inside and a guard closes the door leaving you in silence. Lord Heriot continues. "I have heard many stories from the peasants out there, but Lord Morgorm is in no condition to be interrogated. I want to hear from you. What happened tonight?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2016, 06:08:26 pm »

Sir Henry is a dirty, filthy fucking traitorous scum that's what happened! Not only did he not join us in our shield wall, allowing his squire to die an embarassing death, he also ordered his posse to attack us! But that's not the worst of all.

The worst of all is when we captured Lord Morgorm. The slimey worm turned tail and never came back! such cowardice! All we had were peasants!

Granted they were brave, loyal and honest men who helped us rip into the traitorous knights without a single casualty as well as burning the attacker's siege equipments and all.

They should be promoted or something. Rewarded at least. They're good men, they're our Battle Brothers! We'd take them as ours if possible.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2016, 06:32:35 pm »

Due to your exhaustion, you speak in a quiet voice despite your anger at what just happened. But you get louder as you speak. "Sir Henry is an absolute, putrescent, filthy, foul, traitorous scum. In the heat of battle, he allowed his squire to die an embarrassing death, he attacked Sir Ferant, and he gave commands to the enemy army to kill your other knight and then attack the peasants. But it gets worse, when the battle was lost for him, he and Lord Morgorm fled. But it gets worse yet, when Lord Morgorm was in danger, did he come back to help his master!? NO! He refused to fight 30 peasants and two squires and instead fled from his master and went off to God knows where." You take a moment to catch your breath. "Now. The only reason that we were not completely defeated today was because of the honor and bravery of your people. They ripped into the enemy and killed several knights themselves, while under arrow fire without as much as a single casualty. They bravely marched up under fire, destroyed the enemy's siege equipment, and killed many of Lord Morgorm's men. If you were to ask me, now that the siege has been broken, you should do something to reward them." Lord Heriot answered, " That is unfortunate. I had hoped they were disillusioned, but I am thankful to God that true courage and honor still won against the evils of this world. And for that, I am going to throw a marvelous feast in 3 days. All the men who fought and their families will be invited, but I have one request of you. I have heard from all of the returning men about your heroics during that sortie both as a commander and as a soldier, and for that, I would like you to be the guest of honor, and I will offer you knighthood during the feast. If you need time to think about this decision, you may go to your squire quarters and think about it. But if you are ready to give an answer now, than please do.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2016, 07:36:52 pm »

Sadly, the time of peace seems to have ended. Our holiday's over.

Time to don our Knighthood once more and get back to work, then. It's no bother, though. But a wise man once said that the man who only take the sword to protect is the truest warrior of them all.

And this certainly seems like a fight to protect what we hold dear.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2016, 08:49:16 pm »

You think furiously inside your head about this choice. Baron Heriot did not know that you were once a knight, only Sir Ferant and your wife knew that. Clearly, something has gone wrong within the nation of Dalisia that was much bigger than just twostone barony. You don't know who Lord Morgorm is exactly, but you know that he is a large figure in the enemy nation of Bescal. But why would he decide to besiege Twostone barony? It has no important resources, it is not in a strategic location, it doesn't house any important political figures. Finally, you think about what your knighthood would mean. Sir Ferant doesn't know why you retired, but your wife does. You think that she would be happy for you taking up arms once again during this dark time, but you don't know for sure. One more thing, Sir Ferant said that there was going to be a tournament in Estana, Dalisia's capitol, soon. You think it would be fun to participate. You decide that you would accept Lord Heriot's offer of knighthood. "Yes my Lord, I would be honored." You say confidently. "Thank you Sir." Baron Heriot says, "I think you deserve a long night's sleep after that battle. You family is already in your quarters, I dare say they will be happy to hear the news. Good night."

He dismisses you and you go down to the physician, to check that Sir Ferant was doing alright. He was sleeping peacefully, his right side heavily bandaged. You then go to your quarters and hug your children and your wife. You tell her without the kids that you have been offered knighthood and accepted. She thinks over that a long time before saying, "yes, I agree that was the best decision. I am willing to take the risks, but I do want our children to be free from everything we had to suffer through. This may bring all of that back." "I know." You reply, "Thanks for standing with me on this." You and Alyss then go to the children and tell them the good news. Thaine, your son, looks proud, but makes no other movements. Felisia, on the other hand, starts running all over the place giggling like crazy. She seems extremely happy. You tell the children to go to sleep, then you yourself collapse and sleep almost instantly.

You don't wake up the next morning until the sun was overhead. You put on some new clothes and walk into the great hall. There were only a few people there, according to a guard, all the men had gone back to work on their farms. However, you see Renard in the hall, telling tales of the fight the night before to some guards. When he sees you, he says, "Have you heard the good news! Lord Heriot is having a feast for everybody who fought!" "Yes! I did know that, Renard. But I want to tell you something, since I am now a squire, I would like to give you my land. Free of charge. Thanks for staying with me even when everything looked like it was about to fail." Renard replies, "Oh! Thank you so much. This means a lot to me. I think that all the men only stayed brave because of you. You are a great commander." He leaves, probably to inspect the new property he just got. You eat, then visit Sir Ferant, who was awake and happy to see you. He thanked you for saving his life, and said he would ask Baron Heriot to knight you. You told him that you had already been offered and accepted and he looked disappointed at first, then gleeful. "Great! So he sees the good qualities in you as well! Do you know what this means? Since I will still be too injured to participate in the tournament our king is preparing, you will have to be there for twostone barony. I trust you will bring us much glory! The rest of the day, and the following day go on without incidence. But finally, the day of the feast, and you knighthood, arrived. Honestly, the ceremony seemed to go by so fast. You remember eating with a bunch of happy peasants with the worst table manners ever seen in a grand hall, but Lord Heriot didn't seem to care. When your knighthood came, it was fast and easy. The men all cheered wildly, but then, Lord Heriot asked you to make a speech...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2016, 09:13:22 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2016, 09:53:26 pm »

Thank them. Thank them all.

We and our family have  come here as strangers all those years ago. Yet they gladly accept us as family.

Giving us land, and years of peace. We've farmed, raised our children and enjoyed our peaceful life.

Shared many bowls of warm stew and many jokes together. And even shared battles for our homes and family.

We've lost some friends and family from that fight. But let us not cry for them, no.

Let us cheer on their memories, let us remember them in good heart for those who died fighting to protect what they love. Everyone dies, and there are no greater way to go than theirs.

We'll drink it their honor, in their memory. And we'll bring the grand tourney prize back to the barony of twostone for everyone!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2016, 11:31:36 pm »

You begin you speech humbly, "Thank you! Thank you all! My family and I came here as strangers many years ago. And Lord Heriot's kindness gave me the necessary tools to live in sustenance. But it was your kindness, you people of twostone barony, that allowed us to flourish! You accepted us as family and gave help when help was needed.
I remember all those days in the tavern after a hard day's work, we would sit over a tankard of ale and tell each other jokes. I remember those days of hardship, be it plague or weather, where everybody helped out when needed and times look grim. And more recently, I remember all of you showing the greatest courage anybody in the kingdom of Dalisia has ever seen. The men, for their steadfast resolve to fight the enemy and protect what they held dear, the women, for courageously bringing all the supplies that were needed despite the ever present danger, and the children, for constant obedience to their parents despite the uncertainty and unknown. Thank you all!
I know that we have lost friends and family to the evil that reared its ugly head, but let us remember them in good heart because they gave everything to protect what they held most dear. There is no greater way to die than that. Let us drink in their honor and their memory, and may the honor of twostone barony and its inhabitants remain the best in all the world! This will proven at the kings tournament in a weeks time! To their honor!"

Everybody repeats "to their honor!" Then drinks. The ale was now flowing and everybody was drinking until they were satisfied. You however, drink only one cup and spend the rest of the time talking to Lord Heriot and Sir Ferant, who was brought into the grand hall, but unable to stand. You two speak about the upcoming tournament. Baron Heriot had been generous once again and paid for the local blacksmith to forge you and Epona. The metal would be iron, as the smithy was not advanced enough to forge steel, and as a result, the armor would be less than a full set due to the extra weight of iron vs steel. But you don't mind. Sir Ferant also told you that you would need to select a coat of arms to be on all of your equipment so that people could recognize you on the battlefield and during the tournament.

OOC: You are the knight of the ________. (Fill in the blank.) A picture would be nice, but a description is fine as well.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2016, 11:47:54 pm »

Also, welcome back crazyabe. I remember you were a big participant of the dragon one.  :P

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2016, 02:27:27 am »

We are the knight of loyalty, of justice! A wolf is our heraldry animal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10