Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: You Can't Die: Medieval Mayhem. (Storytelling Game)  (Read 9646 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die: Medieval Mayhem. (Storytelling Game)
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2016, 09:17:05 pm »

Resign to our fate.

Smile and do a little sigh. Recalling our time alive. Thinking of our wife, our family, of our friends in twostone barony. Nod to ourself and decide that we live a full, happy life and that we're okay with this.

Then as the tower collapse and we fall out of it, spread our arms out as if to welcome Death, saying that we're okay with this..
Then see the biggest pile of hay we've ever seen in our life just a little bit away from us and try to air-swim for it repeatedly saying that we are NOT okay with this!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2016, 09:55:25 pm »

In desperation, you climp back up sideways the stairs back to what used to be the top of the tower. You smash through the roof tiles, and see death below you, hurtling at you at a terrifying speed. You resign yourself to your inevitable death. Everybody had to die sometime. But then, you see a haystack down below. The largest haystack you've ever seen in your life. You angle yourself and air-swim straight for it. You know that the haystack alone cannot save you, but you still hope. Sure enough, when you land, the haystack doesn't slow you down enough, but the ground underneath it collapsed any you fell into a small tunnel, where the extra distance to decelerate saved your life. You hear the loud rumble as the tower collapsed, and look down the tunnel to see your family and Sir Henry running down it. You quickly hide the evidence of your fall and try to look badass as they wonder how you got here before them.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2016, 06:07:06 am »

Wipe some hay off of us, give them a nod then make the escape! We'll need to get horses. And Our Epona.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2016, 09:11:27 pm »

The people above the tunnel don't know about the tunnel underneath their feet. You nod to the group and say, "continue to the end of the tunnel, but don't exit. I have to get Epona, then I'll meet you back in here again." You climb back through the haystack, which plugged the hole in the ground, and pop your head above it. Immediately, the people in the crowd cheer wildly, seeing as they saw you enter the keep, heard lots of loud noises, saw a catapult fire at the own citadel, then the citadel fall, and you jump out of it. The fact that you were alive was quite mind-boggling to them. Regardless, you climb out fully, and let out a shrill whistle. Immediately, Epona comes round the corner practically dragging Tolly behind. She looks very happy to see you. Just then, a warning trumpet sounds. And a messenger comes running up. "Sir, you are the only member of the royal family left... The armies of Bescal are at our gates, and they demand a word with you."
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2016, 09:23:27 pm »

Tell the messenger to go tell them that we're coming in a moment.

Then dig ourself back into the haystack to tell the royal family to flee for now, tell Ally to take them and our children and go lay low at the secret hideout. Get some rations for that as well. We promise we'll go find them as soonest as we finish saving the Kingdom. Then Kiss our wife before digging ourself back up, mounts Epona and go see what do those Bescal wants.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2016, 10:33:51 pm »

You duck back in the haystack and tell your family to flee to a hideout while you, the prince, save everybody. However, Sir Henry doesn't look happy. "What about my family? If King Barstrad sees you still alive. He'll kill my family." "Why would he kill them if he thinks you're dead?" You ask. "Because it is how he rules, with terror. You can't let him know that you are the prince until I have somehow rescued my family." "Fine. I won't tell him I'm the prince. Deal?" Sir Henry answers tentatively. "Deal" You kiss Allys, then reemerge from the haystack. "Lost my... knife." You say to the crowd, then you mount Epona." What are you all standing around for? Those of you who can, grab something heavy and climb up the walls. Drop it on the first enemy to come up." You then gallop across the street to the wall. You ride Epona straight up the stairs to the wall, and sure enough, there was a massive army waiting outside. The King, King Barstad, was carried by 6 slaves on a very ornate throne. There were hundreds of archers, nearly a thousand shock troops, and enough siege weaponry to flatten the city in a few days. This would not be an easy fight.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2016, 12:35:44 am »

Entertain the idea of taking on the whole army by ourself.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2016, 09:38:13 am »

We probably should go talk to them. Get a big white flag and ride out halfway to their army and wait for their own messenger. Wear our wolf amulet and introduce ourself as the knight of wold of twostone barony.

Also let sir Kenneth handle the prep work while we go talk.

We go fully armed, of course. With Epona too.

If we die here, we'll die a legend with our horse. She's not going to become any younger, and she deserves one last glorious battle with us that will be enough for a life time.

We won't deny her the rights to Valhalla.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2016, 10:56:22 pm »

You ask for a white cloth, and a citizen hands some to you. Sir Kenneth comes up to you and says, my liege, if you will be the Envoy, will you allow me the pleasue of setting up the defences? You oblige him, thinking nobody else would be better. you order the gates to be opened, and the guardsmen obey, because you are now technically the king. Ha. Just a week ago, you were a peasant. Funny how times change. Regardless, you ride Epona out of the city, and come halfway to the army, waving your white flag, and looking badass in your badass armor. You request an envoy, and surprisingly, King Barstrad comes to you personally, carried on his throne, and flanked by 16 elite-looking guards, all with longswords and crossbows. King Barstrad comes up to you and says, "Ha! Come to surrender already, have you? You seem rather well off... Who are you? I would like to know who I am speaking to before I end their life." The guardsmen unsheathe their swords in unison. You answer with a threatning voice. "I am the knight from twostone barony. I won the tournament, and was therefore put in charge of the siege. You will come no further." King Barstrad laughs, "HAHAHA! I wonder how the people would react to their hero tragically dying before the siege even started. Then we will see how far I will go." His slaves carry him off back towards the army, while the 16 guardsmen surround you. 8 come close with their swords, while the other 8 aim crossbows at you through the gaps in the men. Epona paws the ground and neighs defiantly.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2016, 01:18:43 am »

Ooh that bastard of a King.

Charge that motherfucker. Use our shield to block the crossbow bolts before throwing it at some of the slaves carrying him, then as our Epona charges through in heavy armor, get up on her back again and leap a mighty leap onto the throne itself! Say "We're not done talking yet." To Barstrad as we stay between him and the crossbowmen, effectively using him as shield while Epona is free to wreck havoc amongst the guards with her spikey horseshoes and armor thicker than any knight's.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2016, 03:09:44 pm »

You shout, "I'm not done talking yet!" To which King Barstrad laughs once again. The crossbowmen take aim, but you spin completely around in Epona's saddle, catching all of the arrows in your shield. You then throw the shield at the slaves, causing one to fall, and the others to drop the throne. You tell Epona to charge straight through the line of swordsmen, who try to strike at her exposed legs, but Epona skillfully avoids each strike, ramming the swordsmen who were in her way, and trampling one of them to death. You leap off of her saddle, and land right behind King Barstrad's saddle, forcing all the cossbowmen to hold their fire, for fear of killing their king. Epona, meanwhile managed to run around the circle of swordsmen, and trample all the ones who had crossbows out, but to your horror, one of the swordsmen gets a lucky shot at her legs, and she stumbles for a few meters before falling. about 5 swordsmen went to finish her off while the other 5 came to attack you.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2016, 04:05:06 pm »

Sonovabitch killed our horse! Now this is personal.

Grab the king by his scruff and bring him up to face is face to face then growl at him with vengeance that we may not be able to kill his whole army, but we can kill him.

Ask if he has any last word, because there's no way out of this one after they killed our horse.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2016, 04:23:25 pm »

Epona's not dead, just injured leg.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2016, 04:38:35 pm »

Oh.

That's good, then. We'll still grab the king by his scruff and use him as our new shield as we rush over to Epona, new living shield in hand. Smashing through the swordsmen to get to our horse and then ask the last word thing.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2016, 10:22:51 pm »

You grab king Barstrad by his scruff, and hoist him in front of you, then you charge straight towards Epona, ignoring all the other soldiers, as they scrambled to get out of the way. You make your way to Epona and find her front left leg mangled. There was no blood, so you suspect the damage was blunt. But by the shape of her leg, you assume it is broken. You help her get back on her feet while King Barstrad struggles in your arm. Epona gets up, and limps back towards the city. The soldiers let her go, and come to you. You hold your blade up to the King's throat and say, "Any last words?" He sighs, then says...

"Goodbye."

And he cracks his cloak, and his body disappears from your hands, leaving his cloak in your grasp. You look around frantically and see him outside of his ring of soldiers, laughing like a maniac. You think. Magic isn't real, how did he do that then? But you are interrupted by the 8 soldiers who surrounded you and blocked your path to the King. You would have to fight them first.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10