Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: You Can't Die: Medieval Mayhem. (Storytelling Game)  (Read 9647 times)

Suppaidaman!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die: Medieval Mayhem. (Storytelling Game)
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2016, 11:08:00 pm »

Recall your ancient tutelage on how to fight fluidly, with one action moving smoothly into the next, so that there are few pauses where your enemies can strike. Then charge, but do try to avoid getting surrounded.

Also, ask for another sword. You don't need hands to ride a horse. You just need awesome body control. Which you have in spades.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2016, 11:10:06 pm »

Hmm.. we can forego the pebble thing entirely. I think it wouldn't be all that bad if we use our fluidic motions to dodge the incoming bolts, shoving other people into the way and such. It must be so scary for the operator as they kept shooting at us and we kept dodging it.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2016, 12:34:16 am »

(Open this link in another tab. Let it play while you read this.)

You slowly dismount Epona, give the reigns to Tolly, and say, "Take her somewhere safe. I don't want her to get hurt. You then dramatically take off your helmet and throw it down, as if to surrender. The crowd gasps. You drop your shield as well. Some people in the crowd start crying. But then, you shout. "Someone give me another sword." The crying people turn confused as someone hands you a sword. You lift both of them up, forming an X in the air, then slide them across each other their sound echoing through the air. You say, "I'll be bach." You turn, face the enemy, and casually walk through the gate. Nobody challenges you, but as soon as you crossed the threshold, the portcullis slammed behind you. You are alone in this fight. As soon as the gate crashed into the stone floor, all hell breaks loose. But adrenaline surges though your body, you have perfect visibility thanks to your discarded helmet. You have twice the attacking power as before. And you have an unquenchable desire for Sir Henry's death. You have never been better prepared for a battle.

The first thing you see is dozens of arrows coming at you from all directions from the wall. You spin out of the way of most, and deflect the remaining 2 arrows away from you and towards the charging horsemen coming at you. of the 6 horsemen, your deflected arrows hit 2 of the horses, sending them tumbling and their riders flying. You aimed your deflections perfectly such that the men, while flying, would eat almost the entire second arrow volley. Thus, you killed 2 enemies, while also dodging an arrow volley at the same time. You now dealt with the horsemen. The first one that reached you had a lance aimed at your chest. You duck under it and pull the lance downward, embedding it into the ground. The lance pole-vaults the horseman out of his saddle, and over the wall. He lands with a thud and you hear, "Kill him!" from outside the wall. While you are still on the ground, the next two horsemen aim their lances at you. You grab both at the same time, and pull them in within the other person's horse's legs. Both horses trip and the men go flying... once again into a volley of arrows. The last horseman, you simply roll to his side that doesn't have a lance, and slash at his chest, then his neck. He collapses dead, right by the 4 other horsemen who were now prickled with arrows. Next came the shock troops.

The troops were mainly swordsmen, but there were some spear men as well. They were walking towards you at a leisurely pace, you notice that they were trying to encircle you. There was not much you could do, however, cause you were busy dodging archer fire. You try to deflect arrows at the men, but they used their shields to great effect to block them. So you were forced to keep dancing out of the way of arrows. Eventually, you hear someone in the distance say, "fire at will." And the arrows now rained in sporadically. This was good because you could dodge them easier, but it was also bad because you had to dodge much more. The shock troops had completely encircled you. The swordsmen were in the front, and they held out their swords like a spiky wall. The spearmen behind them stuck their spears through the gaps, adding to the effect. The circle began to close, trapping you in a smaller and smaller space. Knowing that you had to stop this, you charge into the wall, deflecting any weapons that were aimed for your head, and let your hardened steel armor scatter the rest. You now start attacking with both arms at the same time, cutting down man after man until the crowd had thinned out quite considerably. The men continued trying to take you down, but your perfect reflexes and expert fighting skills prevented any of them from landing a hit on your exposed head. Once there were about a dozen men left, a commanding voice shouted "Retreat, and the men broke away from you and entered the citadel. You chase after them, hoping that the portcullis would open, but you get into view of the anti-siege weapons.

The ballista fire first, their heavy-tipped arrows cutting a perfect parabola through the air. You see two of them firing, and they are both firing slightly ahead of you, forcing you to stop and retreat to dodge them. The catapults then fire, launching massive rocks nearly straight at you. You fall to the ground to narrowly avoid one boulder from smashing you, then you roll to avoid another. Both boulders left large craters in the cobbled courtyard. They had so much destructive capacity, and they were trying to kill you with it. You regain your footing just in time to avoid another volley of arrows, but by the time you got up again, the remaining shock troopers had entered the Citadel and the portcullis slammed shut again. You turn your wrath to the men atop the walls. The archers and siege operators. You dance your way to the staircase that goes up to the wall, dodging every arrow that comes at you, and find more spearmen blocking the staircase. In one swipe, you slash your sword downward, cutting off the heads of all the spears. Now all they had were useless rods. You run up, swatting away the rods that were trying to hit your face, and with one heave, you push all the spearmen at once off of the staircase and onto the cobbled courtyard below. Once you emerge, there were two archers at point blank range who thought they could hit you. They were wrong. You hold both of your swords straight up an right in the path of the arrows. Both arrows hit your swords tip-to-edge, and they split right down along the seams. All four arrow halves miss your face by millimeters, then embed themselves into 4 different spearmen who were trying to recover from falling off the stairs. You climb up onto the wall.

Atop the wall, you were now facing a barrage of arrows from both sides and with little room to dodge. You head off in one direction, only turning when you hear an arrow headed for your head. You let the rest bounce off your armor harmlessly. You cut your way through countless terrified archers who must at this point, think you are some sort of god. You reach the first ballista and find it aimed straight at your chest. You see the oporator pull the trigger and you hit the floor. The bolt streaks just over your head, then makes a Shiskebab of 5 archers on the other side of the wall. There are now much less projectiles coming at you now. You cut down both the operator and the other engineer, then continue to the catapult and repeat the process. You then turn around and run the whole length of the wall. There were only two archers left, and you dodge them easily, but the ballista almost had a lucky shot. You dodged out of the way of an arrow, and almost dodged right into the path of the bolt. But at that moment, you lose your footing on a pool of blood and you involuntarily move your body out of the way as you recover your balance. You charge and kill the ballista engineers before they can reload, and you kill the catapult engineers right after they finish reloading, but before they fire. The two archers decide to take their chances jumping over the ledge, and both of them kill themselves.

You had taken the entire courtyard by yourself. You go to the wall gate house and try to open the gate, but as you feared, it would take 2 people to open it. One on either side. You then examine the Citadel gate. How are you going to get inside it?

OOC: Ow. My hands.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2016, 05:09:42 am »

Hmm..

We could.. get a length of rope.. and Lasso a battlement  to anchor it and climb our way up? Or tie the rope to the second gate operating mechanism so we can do it all alone?

I'm actually quite stumped at this one. :P The other idea that came up was 'Blow it up.'...
Load the Catapult, turn it around to face the Gatehouse and launch a boulder at the gate!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:41:00 am by vkiNm »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2016, 03:14:29 pm »

You examine the portcullis, walking up to it and sizing up its strength. Inside, you can see the soldiers jeering, laughing about how weak you are. Ignoring them, you climb back up the walls, out of sight of the people inside the citadel, but you still hear them laughing insults at you. You go to the catapult that was just loaded, but not fired, and you heave at it, turning it around to face the gate. You then start spinning gears to get the catapult aiming at the correct elevation. You hear one person say, "What was that?" Before you pull the trigger. The catapult recoils at the huge force it just exerted. The boulder sailed in a smooth arc towards the citadel and smashed into the gate, slightly off center. You see it smash through the stone wall of the citadel, rip the portcullis from its mounts, and continue rolling until it hit a indoor support pillar which stopped it. There was a red river in the stone's wake where you had crushed your previously taunting enemies. You look upwards and see the Citadel tower shaking a bit disconcertingly, but it was built to withstand quite some punishment, or at least you hoped. You enter into the throne room and see that most of the soldiers in here, including the shock troopers who had escaped earlier, were right by the gate when you launched the catapult, and were now dead. But the archers up in the balconies immediately started shooting at you, aiming for your head. And the few shock troopers that did survive, 5 of them, came at you.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2016, 04:05:33 pm »

We should look tired. Not physically, but mentally. We hadn't a trouble dealing with more, we're probably not going to start now.

While we do our thing, dodging and killing scrubs, ask them if they really wanted their lives to end like this. We're just an old man looking for his family. We've no quarrel with them.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2016, 04:29:15 pm »

You stand there calmly, making slight movements to avoid the arrows, but nothing too fancy. You calmly say to the soldiers. "I am an old man who just wants his family back. I have no quarrel with you. If you want to live, you may leave now. There is a one-way secret exit from the citadel cellar. I suggest you leave now as this building may not be structurally sound." The arrows whizzing around your head become less and less numerous. Then, some of them actually listen to you, and head to the cellar. You see the winding downward staircase they took, and you go up that staircase instead. You climb all the ay up, and find no resistance. You go up and up, until you reach the top. The building was swaying quite a bit up here, it seemes to be swaying more with each pass. You listen to the door and hear the voice of Sir Henry speaking in a harsh tone.

OOC: On vacation right now, so updates will be short and a bit more spread out. I hope you don't mind. But this story will be over pretty soon.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2016, 04:31:38 pm »

Let's pick some lock.

Then gentlemanly open the door in, moving our head aside to dodge any blow coming our way and see what's up.

OOC: That's totally fine, enjoy! :D

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2016, 04:22:52 pm »

You pull out a small piece of wire from your armor, and bend it into the perfect shape needed to unlock the door. While you are quietly picking the lock, the building sways dangerously again. However, you complete the task. The door is unlocked. You politely open the door and hear. "Did you kill him?" Before Sir Henry sees who opened the door. He lets out a very un-manly screech, before drawing his sword and swiping where you were standing a minute ago. But you saw enough. The entire royal family, including your wife and kids, were inside.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2016, 08:42:11 pm »

Perfect. Sir Henry sucked anyway, so let's do what we did with the Bandits.

Walk inside, effortlessly dodging every attacks he make at us, just making the barest minimal of movement, or slapping the flat of his sword a little away from us with our armored wrists.

"So, I'm here. For my Family. What now?" Ask him this while evading his attacks. Close the door behind us and tell him that we're not going to kill him.

But don't tell him that others probably will, and that we're probably going to torture the living hell out of him first.

"But the swaying building might." we add.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2016, 11:37:07 pm »

You calmly converse with Sir Henry. "You know you cannot kill me. I cannot die." You are ducking and weaving and paying every attack he sends at you. "I don't want to kill you either. What I want is my family back. And you must make your decision quickly because this building is not going to last much longer." Sir Henry realizes the wisdom of your words, but he says. "I cannot. My own family is being held hostage by my own king." He says through tears. "My own king... If I don't kill the entire royal family, he'll kill them all. I'm sorry." He takes Allys and holds her with a blade to her neck. "

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2016, 11:39:56 pm »

"Then let me help you save them too. You know I can. I've already assault an entire cathedral by myself, I can do it again." Tell him kindly.

"I am your only way out of this with both you and your family alive. You don't want to do anything stupid." Adds, as if doing a Jedi mindtrick as we keep eye-contact with him.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2016, 07:42:24 pm »

You continue to speak calmly. "I can help you save your family. I just took on an entire fortified citadel by myself, think about how much us three could do together." Henry looks like he is thinking. "m...maybe we could pretend everybody died when this tower falls?" Do you know a way out of here that nobody else knows?"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »

You continue to speak calmly. "I can help you save your family. I just took on an entire fortified citadel by myself, think about how much us three could do together." Henry looks like he is thinking. "m...maybe we could pretend everybody died when this tower falls?" Do you know a way out of here that nobody else knows?"

Damn right we do! the Royal family probably does too.

And of course we're really good at disappearing. Henry's King will be too busy celebrating, that should give us time to go fix things.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2016, 08:53:54 pm »

King Lowis says, "I know of a tunnel that leads completely outside of the town... It's one way, so don't think about trying to invade from that way." He then turns to you and says, "I am so happy you ae back, you probably just saved us from our darkest time ever." "No time to talk, quickly, down the stais, this building won't last long!" You say as you shove people towards the door. You are the last to leave. You charge down the stairs, and notice that they are at an odd angle. The tower was surely falling over. You hurry down even as the angle gets more intensive. Suddenly, a huge rift apperas in the staicase, separating you from everybody else. You shout, "RUN! I'll find another way!" They continue, but you are stuck. Honestly, you hadn't found another way... You start feeling lighter and lighter as the building around you starts falling sideways.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10