Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Era?

EA
MA
LA

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla. The Games are over. ThtblovesDF wins!  (Read 35513 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla. The Games are on!
« Reply #330 on: May 06, 2016, 03:12:02 am »

I got the hint and did my turn ; )

Whatever happend to mother oak, btw? I can only assume that Mokosh (the guy that went insane for scrying at my amazing army of critters) was the caster?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 06, 2016, 04:51:47 am »

Or disease. Culise mentioned having a lot of diseased casters.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 06, 2016, 10:04:24 am »

Guys I poisoned were his low level forest mages. I'm assuming they can't pull off mother oak, or if they did Culise probably wouldn't risk them in battle.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 06, 2016, 12:23:47 pm »

Well, in that case, it's likely vengeful waters wrecking havoc on anyone with coastal provinces.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 06, 2016, 03:45:37 pm »

I got the hint and did my turn ; )

Whatever happend to mother oak, btw? I can only assume that Mokosh (the guy that went insane for scrying at my amazing army of critters) was the caster?
This assumption would be correct.  Mother Oak got popped when Mokosh's thread was snipped short. 

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2016, 07:38:42 am »

Well, in that case, it's likely vengeful waters wrecking havoc on anyone with coastal provinces.

So far it killed about 5 relevant casters and 25-ish Scouts and spys. Doesn't feel very cost effective, but at least it is bad enough it won't get disspelled.

Due to my cold doiminion i produce ice elementals that just don't Hit anything at all and are usually to weak to beat anything with Bodyguards.

As for mother Oak, my gem Stores are empty .... So anyone can (re)-claim it, then again we are all feeding our respective war maschines pretty hard.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 07:42:50 am by ThtblovesDF »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 07, 2016, 10:43:26 am »

So does anyone else have a plague spreading through their lands? It's been going on for some months here.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 08, 2016, 08:16:25 am »

Just gonna put that out there, but I think that Iron Blizzards have killed without a doubt the most units this game.

Plague is no issue for you, since you have gift of health anyway, or?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 08, 2016, 08:39:41 am »

It is, since it's several events which directly affect things like income and population (killing some), while also being able to spread to neighboring provinces (unless borders are sealed).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2016, 12:52:05 am »

Sorry about the delay, but I'll have to delay a bit further. This week is taking way too much out of me since projects. I'll put in a 12 hour delay but hopefully won't need all of it.

Edit: Put in my turn and followed it up with a double turn. Sorry for that delay, but with that my projects and schoolwork should massively decrease.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:28:37 pm by chaoticag »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 10, 2016, 03:29:39 am »

Appriciated

So the next round will be very, very intresting for the Vanrus / Ociana War, our battle theaters are:

A thug'd out Earth King vs "whatever I have laying around"

More then 100'd good man rushing to help against the filithy undead hordes storming Hogorias castle

The Siege and taking of Shnuyamas former castle, with Vanrus army seemingly on the run? Not that that goes very fast with cubes oozing along.

#Edit: As additional friendly banter, I'd like to show the hall of fame. I have no idea how or when my fella up ontop died, maybe it was old age, given he was one of my starting units, poor fella. As one can see, there are also very little heros in vanrus, as it befits a nation of trickery and backstabery

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:37:30 am by ThtblovesDF »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2016, 02:01:20 pm »

Any chance of an updated map from anyone? Assuming there's anything to update. I totally understand if you'd rather not post anything for top secret reasons.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2016, 02:56:39 pm »

And in the next few turns, I believe Oceania is about to learn the reason why one doesn't build massive amounts of unprotected temples when one has yet to defeat their opponent's main field armies. It doesn't matter which direction the force departing Shinuyama takes; it's going to smash at least one of them.  ^_^

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 10, 2016, 03:29:53 pm »

I think these last few turns are really making me wish I were ermor right now, heh.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2016, 03:32:12 am »

Eh, those temples where there before the war started - and the income of Shirumas capital alone nearly pays for a new one (200 gold only afterall) - plus as long as you walk in the lands of my dominion, the angry waters will work on washing that flith away.

I'm wondering, is that 40 man group left behind a result of such a commander loss or a tactical choice to ... slow my doom blob? We'll see.

As for the big battles:

Earth King won, thanks to the beautyful circle of little critters (bugs & friends) around him, that I then entangeld, i.e. made unmoveable and unable to fight. The Pan responsible for this mess has been fired and more leassons on that topic have been learned.

The most fair fight might have been the undead-horde vs the pileup of dude with axes. My Iron Bane came about 7 turns to late, god knows why and it was a brutal slugfest. Pretty sure if Vanrus would have secured the exit province and moral wouldn't be a issue, he'd have won.

Also, damm vanrus, thats some good sites next to the capital : O
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27