Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Era?

EA
MA
LA

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla. The Games are over. ThtblovesDF wins!  (Read 35539 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla. The Games are on!
« Reply #255 on: April 20, 2016, 04:41:48 pm »

I'll "play" another turn or two at least, see how this goes. But there's not much you can do with a crushed military and a single sieged down fort :P

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2016, 12:56:40 am »

Well now I feel bad about it all : /

How is the war going, c'tis/hatman & friends?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2016, 01:02:02 pm »

Postponed hosting another 6 hours. Should be enough for marignon to get a turn in should they choose to do so after they get home from work if I know this schedule right. Then again, it's a Saturday.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 24, 2016, 02:06:36 am »

I would suggest throwing your gems at whoever you think follows your goals the most. I kind of expect a screw you - burden of time by c'tis at this point.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 24, 2016, 03:01:55 am »

If anyone wants to counter something like that happening, I'm willing to cast a dispel should people contribute.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 24, 2016, 06:05:25 am »

None but c'tis has that much death magic (or?) and he won't last very long at the current state. We have 3 nations near dead or trapped in there capital currently. Maybe next game I take a stealth pretender god and just be the most annoying assassin ever.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 24, 2016, 06:09:45 am »

Honestly, the problem with c'tis unleashing burden of time is it would do very little to be honest. If their capital is under siege and is about to be stormed, then we can expect the spell to go down quite quick with no effort on my part. One way to dispel a global is to kill the mage that casted it.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 24, 2016, 10:16:37 am »

Yeah. C'tis is dead next turn - I just broke the gates down.

He's also been spending his death gems every turn sending his immortal pretender out to fire off two shadow blasts, which has not, so far, served to deter my armies, although it has killed a fair amount of soldiers (but the soldiers are mostly chaff anyways).

(Although I'm thinking line formation would be far more resistant than skirmish formation to shadow blast.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:48:19 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 24, 2016, 03:55:53 pm »

C'tis                   Waiting for 2h file
Marignon           Waiting for 2h file

Get er done, lads.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 24, 2016, 05:08:37 pm »

Hmm, I wonder if I should extend for those players or not since both are oddly on their last turn now, barring a miracle or an act of a better god. I'll put a 6 hour delay in anyway, and then I'll field this to the group on how to handle this in the future.

So anyone got any suggestions on how to best handle this situation?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 24, 2016, 06:39:46 pm »

Depends.  If it's their absolutely final turn (that is, they've been knocked out of the game this turn and only need to turn in their file to confirm their defeat), then roll on without an extension.  If they still have armies in the field, provinces in the game, or what have you, then unless they actually say they're going AI, I suggest treating them as players.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 24, 2016, 07:00:24 pm »

Yeah, it's just a case of both players having been brought down to one fort with no other province, and both gates are breached, but sounds fair enough. I just worry you folks are feeling this is dragging out a bit. Anyway, more or less won't check in on things until I'm awake again. If any of Jking or hatman need extensions I'm willing to provide if they get a word in before hosting kicks in. Which I think from here on out is going to be a default treatment unless someone has any special requests; a 6 hour/until I am next available extension, whichever comes later. During that time hopefully either a turn will come in or the player themselves would need an extension, so I will provide one if needed, but otherwise I can make no guarantees that during that six or so hour period I would actually be available, so consider it risky. That's more or less the main reason I hadn't put this as a 36 hour hosting instead, this way I'm hoping we hear from the people involved more often when they need some extra time.

tl;dr past 30 hours you get about 6 hours or a bit more to get a turn in or ask for an extension, but even if I do my best I can't make any promises that I will respond.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 25, 2016, 02:47:46 am »

Seems fair enough, while I can releate to the frustration of being left without options, a after-action report or anything like that would be great to have, just for some perspective & learning oppertunity.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 25, 2016, 02:49:49 am »

Not sure how well I can put an after action report after this thing, but hey, I should still have all my turns on my inbox and sent email folders. Beyond that I figured maybe an online get together of some sort after this was over would be nice so we can swap some notes and celebrate a game done.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 25, 2016, 09:56:14 am »

Sounds good.

New turn rolls around, one gone. So except for Chaoticag everyone now holds at least one (in some cases 2) extra capital provinces. Ulm sure has a good amount of death income - about as useful as my fire-gem income, I assume? I hate how akward my empire is, with just one thin line of territory all over the world, turning me into a global-no-mans-land. Fish land. Will we start into a cold war now?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27