Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Era?

EA
MA
LA

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla. The Games are over. ThtblovesDF wins!  (Read 35507 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

So someone has sent in Xibalba as a nation to the game. Just need to make sure this is not something someone out of this game has done. Was it USEC or ThtblovesDF? I need to make sure at least.

(I've turned off automatic start until I can confirm this)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wasn't me, I'd like to play Oceania and messaged Chaoticag the details. I didn't find a submit link on the games page, so I assume that was the right course of action.

**Hiding my prediction here: Ulm will most likly win.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:50:10 am by ThtblovesDF »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

Well, I posted some instructions before. I went and deleted your message before I got a chance to read it, so yeah, you are not meant to let the other players know what your god is, heh. Llamaserver works entirely by email. Anyway, here's the instructions yet again. I'll go ahead and remove Xibalba.

And a bump to say this is now live. make sure to send your pretenders to pretenders[ at ]llamaserver[ dot ]net. Subject should be the game name up top. Check this link for more info. It likely won't be an issue, but load up worthy heroes before making your pretender just in case!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

I also think it would be a good idea for chaoticag to send the admin pass to someone, just in case life happens. Sure we can send an email to llama and ask for it but that's always a hassle. I can volunteer, though I have no inclination to administrate this game unless it becomes necessary.

And another thing, what's our planned turn timer? I recall 28h working quite well in the past.
I can't believe I missed this. No idea how, but I can send the admin password if need be. I'll do that in a bit. As for the planned turn timer I'm setting it to 30h to give me a bit of extra slack. Juggling 18 credit hours and a few other things means I might want this.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, just got the confirmation, all good to go.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla. The Games are on!
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2016, 11:28:35 am »

Alright, with all pretenders in the games should be a go! All you guys need to do to submit a turn is send the 2h file from your save to turns [at] llamaserver [dot] net.

The in game messaging system is not the best thing ever, so use the forums' PM system in order to communicate diplomacy.

Speaking of diplomacy, I'll go ahead and set some ground rules for it. Agreements are by no means sacred and may be violated at any time. That being said, if you gain a reputation for not being trustworthy, this might work against you. One exception to this rule however, if players decide on trading goods, then the trade must go through. If you say you will give gold in exchange for a magic item, both items must be engaged.

I'll go ahead and set the turn timer to 30h for now. This being the first turn, it should go fast, but I'll delay and send warnings as needed for this turn especially. All players should know the game started once they sent their first turn in, but feel free to ask for extensions.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:27:38 am by chaoticag »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2016, 07:26:50 pm »

if players decide on trading goods, then the trade must go through if they post it on here. Obviously we won't know if a trade is conducted in PMs, but otherwise, if you say you will give gold in exchange for a magic item, both items must be engaged.

You need to remove the "if they post it on here".  PMs can be revealed if necessary, so don't invade on player privacy so much.  We're not the NSA, lol.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2016, 02:34:05 am »

Alright, edited the above. Still new to running this whole thing. Also, seems all that's left to turn their turn is is Shinuyama, so we should have our next turns emailed to us soon. With that everyone should know how llamaserver works.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2016, 02:40:55 am »

You need to remove the "if they post it on here".  PMs can be revealed if necessary, so don't invade on player privacy so much.  We're not the NSA, lol.

A rule that trades must be public could be interesting in theory, though I think the result would just be to make people trade less.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2016, 02:52:54 am »

I don't know if it's necessarily an invasion of privacy, because it says nothing about forcing people to post it publicly.  It does explicitly state that trades via PM will not be known about, and distinguishes this by contrast to that; it states only that trades that do happen to be posted publicly must be carried out.  In other words, I read it as a condition where two types of trades may exist:

1. Trade posted in the open in this public thread. This must go through, as per the rules.

2. Trade conducted via PM, IM, or some other communication medium (perhaps even in-game messages, heavens forfend).  The rules say nothing about these either way; cheat and bilk all you like, but don't be surprised if your sins come home to roost in a hurry should you do so.

EDIT: Oh.  Oh, oh, oh.  My operating understanding was still based on the pre-edit rules that you can see in EuchreJack's post, the ones that I saw originally as well.  Well, the present rules aren't technically beyond the norm as far as I know. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:55:55 am by Culise »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2016, 03:03:46 am »

Oddly enough, I figured going along with what Culise was thinking would have been interesting. Still, might be a good idea to get people used to the basic format of how multiplayer games go before I throw curve-balls like that. At least, from the one and a half games I have played in terms of experience. But yeah, for now the rules are going to be baseline, trade agreements are sacred. What would you guys think about only trade agreements made on this thread being sacred instead?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2016, 04:46:40 am »

Alright, edited the above. Still new to running this whole thing. Also, seems all that's left to turn their turn is is Shinuyama, so we should have our next turns emailed to us soon. With that everyone should know how llamaserver works.

Seems Gamersgate is one version behind on Dom4, again ::)

I'll register my copy on steam and get the turn done by tonight.

ed:

I'd prefer the usual way for trades. Ie. all are sacred. Anything else just invites frustration.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:50:37 am by Delta Foxtrot »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2016, 04:55:29 am »

Alright, send me a PM if you need an extension or anything.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2016, 05:40:23 am »

Few notes for our new players:

If you're last to upload a turn, consider waiting for the few minutes it takes for llamaserver to process it and then do your next turn straight away. It helps keep the game moving.

Also, the best hotkey in the game is 'n'. It cycles through your (n)ext idle commander. Very handy way to check up on your scouts and to keep your commanders and mages working.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2016, 04:22:49 pm »

I didn't know about "n", thanks.

I started with just 50+ indies around me, so ... nothing going on yet. #goodstart

Oh hey there hatman-
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:48:49 pm by ThtblovesDF »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27