Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Era?

EA
MA
LA

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla. The Games are over. ThtblovesDF wins!  (Read 35561 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla. The Games are on!
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2016, 03:21:45 pm »

Everyone but asphodel is in looks like, I'll force a host.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2016, 03:44:44 pm »

Oh dear, it looks like Shinuyama and Arcosphale have decided to target me. I did kind of have a feeling it was coming.

ME targeting YOU? I guess that's one way to put it :P

Not that I agree, seeing how I'm in the wrong end of an opportunistic 3v1. But I do like how quickly that turned into a free-for-all. Now all we need is some Chud to really show us how to party.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2016, 03:13:51 am »

Ulm and Vanarus both are making doom stacks - and I'm the border. Time to build a wall?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:34:28 am by ThtblovesDF »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2016, 08:11:59 am »

Sorry about that, Vanarus. It's hard not to spam soldiers from every fort, even if it's right on your borders. Can you not hold it against me?
I'll try not to.  Indeed, that was my assumption due to the fact that it was the only major force near my border at the moment, apart from what's regularly moving south; if you were going to launch a sneak attack, you'd be moving more forces up to hit me all at once.  That's the only reason I didn't contact you privately two turns ago asking what you were planning. 

Plus, as Oceania just stated, I'm doing the same thing on their border.  It's one of the awkward consequences of having precisely one fort that's *not* a border province, and that only because a player's capital circle is typically the next-best thing to sacrosanct short of invasion.  My apologies to you as well, ThtblovesDF.  I can assure you that I have no designs on Oceania at the moment. 

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2016, 10:16:01 am »

's cool, I don't have any designs either, nor much of a plan. For one, last turn i set my research goal, then moved a researcher like a scrub and now I'm 5 RP short of a tech I needed, wraghabla

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2016, 10:39:22 am »

's cool, I don't have any designs either, nor much of a plan. For one, last turn i set my research goal, then moved a researcher like a scrub and now I'm 5 RP short of a tech I needed, wraghabla
I wish I could say that you've done it once, you'll never make that mistake again, but I assure you that you totally will. The way I deal with it is waiting until the very end of my turn to mess with the research settings... and I'll still sometimes end up 5 RP short - usually because I'll remember at the last moment that I wanted to forge something, or move a mage to site search.

Honestly, there should be some mechanism to allow us to lock in a number of RPs, so that you can say "I need exactly 1,000 RP going to here, and all the rest should go over there. If one of my mages decides to do something else, make sure you take away from all the other things before you touch that 1,000 RP."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2016, 04:11:33 pm »

...OK.  Ulm, I love you and you've been a peaceful neighbour thus far, but for what possible reason do you need to maintain almost 300 soldiers on our border?  You've mentioned recruitment, but you've been systematically doubling the number of troops there and you've completely stopped withdrawing them.   When I said I was looking at it a bit askance before?  I'm now past that.  Consider this a formal request to withdraw your forces from our shared border.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 04:15:45 pm by Culise »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2016, 04:24:47 pm »

Huh. According to my records I've only got 150~ men there. You probably just got a bad scouting report, but I will move some men away from our border. Sorry about that.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2016, 04:32:54 pm »

Something else people might not know: Scouting error ranges from 50% to 200% of what the actual unit count is.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2016, 04:43:28 pm »

Yeah, 200% of 150 is 300 after all. Either way they'll be gone next turn and replaced with more recruits so don't worry.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2016, 06:13:10 pm »

...OK.  Ulm, I love you and you've been a peaceful neighbour thus far, but for what possible reason do you need to maintain almost 300 soldiers on our border?  You've mentioned recruitment, but you've been systematically doubling the number of troops there and you've completely stopped withdrawing them.   When I said I was looking at it a bit askance before?  I'm now past that.  Consider this a formal request to withdraw your forces from our shared border.

Ulm shows about 100 - 150 for me, so your scouts might be off?

It would be cool if one could pillage or attack specific parts of the province  i.e. damage to supplys / income / resources / population.

E: News from the front, our asian friends have started to retake territory with a medium sized army of "dudes with spears", but C'tis already has a army of longdead riders in its backpocket, will the reach of the spears be enough? Watching with greedy eyes from the borders is - every other nation. Show weakness, get consumed.

Marignon, let your flames guide you to your turn!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:04:59 am by ThtblovesDF »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2016, 11:42:17 am »

I wish I could say that you've done it once, you'll never make that mistake again, but I assure you that you totally will. The way I deal with it is waiting until the very end of my turn to mess with the research settings... and I'll still sometimes end up 5 RP short - usually because I'll remember at the last moment that I wanted to forge something, or move a mage to site search.

Honestly, there should be some mechanism to allow us to lock in a number of RPs, so that you can say "I need exactly 1,000 RP going to here, and all the rest should go over there. If one of my mages decides to do something else, make sure you take away from all the other things before you touch that 1,000 RP."

For that reason, I try to give myself more than a 5 RP cushion.  Although when I get that sweet, sweet opportunity to level up two or even three schools at once, it's gonna be close.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2016, 05:21:38 pm »

Postponing by 12 hours for Marignon. Also, Marignon, please double turn if you can.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2016, 04:54:36 am »

I love that I have underwater-only units that are in the hall of fame now, yay. Trapped in my puddle.

Anyone got to much crafting skills on there hands, hit me up, got lose gems.

Actually, I really like water gems and would trade most other gems 1 o 1 for them.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2016, 01:23:42 pm »

Requesting 24 hour delay on turn.  Same goes for PMs sent to me today, just for those who sent me such.  Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27