Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lavish Meals for your Unrefined Heels. Submit your highest priced meal.  (Read 3156 times)

slashnul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lots of room for improvement on this one.  Exceptional whip vine flour, exceptional dwarven wheat flour, exceptional dwarven sugar, finely minced roc meat.
270,630/582 = 465 dwarfbucks per meal.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Lavish Meals for your Unrefined Heels. Submit your highest priced meal.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 09:11:11 pm »

I'll post mine tomorrow

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 11:25:29 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=36242.0
This is the current record I'm aware of:
Well, I beat my previous record.  With a legendary + 5 cook this time.

54,888,000/400 = 137,220 per meal.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

slashnul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 11:36:33 pm »

I probably shouldve said non-bugged meals...

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 01:09:26 am »

How in armoks name do you make a meal worth so much? That meals ten times as valuable as my entire fortress for goodness sake.

slashnul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 01:12:52 am »

If you follow the link it shows that its like a quantum stockpile worth of food in one meal.  Might as well justve created it in dfhack...

Somebodyelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 04:08:25 am »

How in armoks name do you make a meal worth so much? That meals ten times as valuable as my entire fortress for goodness sake.

I don't think I've gotten anything to that degree, but I get crazy "planepacked" meals all the time naturally without messing with burrows or any other voodoo used to force them.

Just having a huge kitchen area with tens of thousands of food items churning out prepared meals nonstop tends to yield food stacks so valuable they could buy out all caravans for years with a single barrel.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 03:48:41 pm »

Too bad demon meat doesn't have a multiplier. Also, if I really wanted to, I could slaughter some of my rocs and make them into roasts.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 05:20:21 pm »

Too bad demon meat doesn't have a multiplier. Also, if I really wanted to, I could slaughter some of my rocs and make them into roasts.
Clown stew! C':

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 05:24:25 pm »

That's right, I farm demons for their meat. Bow.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 02:52:16 am »

I don't force anything, and I got these planepacked meals from time to time, naturally. Last time it was strawberry roast (strawberry plant, lettuce leaf, caper, caper, onion... and many others). Since these happen without any intent on side of player, are "natural", I'd say there's no way 4-ingredients only meals can compete. Also it's hard to actually find the most expensive 4-ingredients meal amongst such a mass of n-ingredients meals, especially if you have hundreds of them.

slashnul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 10:56:29 am »

Depends on how you like to play.  Sure, you could call bugs natural... and some people like to harness/exploit them.  I think that ruins the fun of the game.  The point of this thread was to explore how to make extravagant meals within normal mechanisms of the game.  Sorry I didnt state that right away.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 03:00:39 am »

There was another post in the thread regarding highest possible legit:
Highest per-ration value is 4,920☼ for an all-dwarven-cheese or all-dragon-meat roast.  Cutting either roast with dragon tallow reduces the per-ration value to 4,320☼ and it's all downhill from there.  As always, the maximum theoretical value is unlikely to appear in the wild without a user making a concerted effort (But this is DF - so we'll see a forum post about it next Wednesday).  The  odds of a Legendary+5 cook successfully getting a masterpiece quality modifier on all four ingredients and his preparation roll is about 0.5%. 

Cutting any roast with a high stack-size food is a great way to boost the total stack value, though.  A maxed-out stack of cheese roast (above) is worth 172,200☼.  If you cut it with a stack of 25 dwarven syrup the per-ration value drops to 3,960☼ but the total stack value jumps to 336,600☼.  Just goes to show that stack size matters.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Spinning Fly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 03:26:45 am »

There was another post in the thread regarding highest possible legit:
Highest per-ration value is 4,920☼ for an all-dwarven-cheese or all-dragon-meat roast.  Cutting either roast with dragon tallow reduces the per-ration value to 4,320☼ and it's all downhill from there.  As always, the maximum theoretical value is unlikely to appear in the wild without a user making a concerted effort (But this is DF - so we'll see a forum post about it next Wednesday).  The  odds of a Legendary+5 cook successfully getting a masterpiece quality modifier on all four ingredients and his preparation roll is about 0.5%. 

Cutting any roast with a high stack-size food is a great way to boost the total stack value, though.  A maxed-out stack of cheese roast (above) is worth 172,200☼.  If you cut it with a stack of 25 dwarven syrup the per-ration value drops to 3,960☼ but the total stack value jumps to 336,600☼.  Just goes to show that stack size matters.

That is from 40d though, so the values don't apply in the present version. Dragon/hydra meat was worth 100☼ per unit, as was dwarven cheese. Now that's down to 30☼ per unit of dragon (or roc) meat and 20☼ per unit of hydra meat or dwarven cheese. So the per-ration value for all of these roasts has plunged.

However butchery product stack sizes have gotten a lot larger. I'd imagine an all dragon meat roast would have a far higher max value than in 40d, if your world has dragons of max or close to max size. Wiki says that rocs can give up to 949 meat. Considering that max size dragons are 25% larger than max size rocs, I'll assume 1200 meat from dragons. That would mean a perfect dragon meat roast stack would have a value of (12*10 + 12*30 + 12*30 + 12*30 + 12*30)(1200*4) = 7,488,000☼

If someone wants to try to reach this in their own forts, I'd imagine a roc hatchery is the way to go. They're a bit smaller than dragons, but only take 20 years to reach max size rather than a thousand.

Edit: Just remembered giant sperm whales. Wiki says those can give up to 7048 meat. Approximating that to 7000, a roast with 2 stacks of dragon meat and 2 stacks of giant sperm whale meat would be worth (12*10 + 12*30 + 12*30 + 12*2 + 12*2)(1200*2 + 7000*2) = 14,563,200☼
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:37:21 am by Spinning Fly »
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. The competent use magma.

slashnul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 01:08:17 pm »

Id like to maximize happy thoughts from food too, not just trading value.  Too bad culinary preferences arent read in dwarf therapist in a way that lets you add them to a custom grid.  You can search for individual items, or look at individual dwarves... but that takes too much time.
Pages: [1] 2