Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions About Personality Traits and Other Misc. Things  (Read 816 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Questions About Personality Traits and Other Misc. Things
« on: February 25, 2016, 05:21:33 pm »

1. Does giving personality traits to animals have any effect?

1.5 What if it has INTELLIGENT and PET tags?

2. Is there a way to make a creature that is mostly immobile, but can move ever so occasionally?

3. Is there a way to set up plants to that when you harvest them from the wild they drop things instead of fruit/seeds?

4. Are there any other particularly interesting new tags in the last two versions (I've been away for a bit). If so, what are they?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Questions About Personality Traits and Other Misc. Things
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 02:16:59 pm »

1. Yes, at least some traits, and it is a lot of fun.  Making tiny creatures brave and violent is one of my favorite adjustments.   :D
1.5. Yes.
2. Not really.  You can make it really slow-moving but that's about it.
3. Sort of.  You can make trees grow anything, but I don't think they'll be picked in fort mode.  Adventurers can still pick them.
4. Yes, lots of things.  Personality and mood adjusting syndromes, DWF_STRETCH for aligning adventure/fort mode syndrome timers, sorting reactions into categories, lots of things related to music, dance, and writing, and more.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 11:30:32 am »

#2,  set thier gait (movement speed) to 0 then might be able to give them an interaction/syndrome that causes them to gain a gait value temporarily.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 02:14:56 pm »

#2,  set thier gait (movement speed) to 0 then might be able to give them an interaction/syndrome that causes them to gain a gait value temporarily.

Won't work.  Gaits are based on time spent per step (so 0 would be the fastest motion possible) and at any rate you can't alter gaits with syndromes.

Actually, I thought of a possibility: Give the creature NOBREATHE, and give it a secretion that induces full-body paralysis on itself.  You can then use the PARALYZEIMMUNE tag to enable it to move.  Note that the creature will not be able to attack while paralyzed either, so it isn't really like an IMMOBILE creature.

Or, you can just use transformations to switch between an immobile and a mobile form.