Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 5: Hail to the King  (Read 35466 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 5: Round 3, Day 3. (6/7) (Queue: 5)
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2016, 09:39:59 am »

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Baa baa Persus sheep have you any wool? :P

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2016, 09:49:25 am »

4maskwolf:
Well then.

Shakerag nailed me with his vanilification role last night.

Fun for the whole family.
<3
Let's just say Shakerag won't be doing that to any more people and leave it at that, shall we?
News to me.  Either you're wrong or Toaster is slacking.

NQT:
Shakerag, did your role change in any way? You don't have to tell me how, I just need to know to rule out a possibility.
As of right now I received no PM from the moderator.  So if my role changed at all I am not aware of it.

Teneb:  Interesting that you've voted and unvoted so early in the day.  Why?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2016, 10:42:21 am »

Interesting.

NQT, it wasn't a revive, technically. I faked my death because I thought it'd avoid actions for the night. It doesn't, as it turns out, but there aren't two kills at play at least. I got the action as a 1-shot when OSG got lynched.

All: someone appears to have altered my role (possibly intending to have changed Shakerag's from what I'm seeing). Given that there hasn't been any mention of this happening before, I think it's reasonable to think that FoU is responsible (also NQT has already had his role removed, Teneb claims to have no active actions and 4mask may or may not be some kind of goo). Assuming 4mask is telling the truth about getting targeted by Shakerag, that means that we know that neither myself, Shakerag or FoU was killing anyone last night. The only problem here has that Persus could have potentially substituted for Shakrag or changed my role since his abilities were essentially random.

FoU, what did you get up to last night?

4mask, have I missed anyone that couldn't have been the killer?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2016, 11:47:56 am »

Teneb:  Interesting that you've voted and unvoted so early in the day.  Why?
Because I'm a busy bastard and want to avoid being modkilled like in the last KotM that I took part in (Can't remember if it was the last one or the one before that).

And why would I think you'd have tried and failed to kill Shakerag?
You wouldn't. But your loaded first question to me tried to imply that I'd performed one of the kills.

Active abilities? Plural? Like, you have more than one passive ability? Like, you could be a ghoul who picked up a random passive when Persus died?
Do you say "zero ability" or "zero abilities" when referring to how many you have? Because by "no active abilities" I mean "I have zero active abilities". Nice try, though.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Wake up sheeple!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2016, 12:01:07 pm »

DA
NQT, it wasn't a revive, technically. I faked my death because I thought it'd avoid actions for the night. It doesn't, as it turns out, but there aren't two kills at play at least. I got the action as a 1-shot when OSG got lynched.
Have you ever targeted Persus on any round?

All: someone appears to have altered my role
It must have been either Fallacy or Teneb (though Teneb would have to be lying) so, you're right, it was probably Fallacy. That's good! What was the effect?

Fallacy, can you confirm that you targeted DA last night?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2016, 12:50:16 pm »

I haven't targeted anyone that isn't myself so far. My original role seems to be gone and I have a new one now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2016, 01:13:02 pm »

OK, it looks like Teneb is a ghoul and scum. Let me explain:

On D1 I learned that two town players were (non-yellow) goos. Here's what we know of that cohort:

4maskwolf: ???
Notquitethere: One-Shot 50% Corrupt Bureaucrat
Deus Asmoth: ???
origamiscienceguy:  Ice Cream Man, and scum.
Persus13: ???
Shakerag: Yellow Goo (he gained ICM on N0)
hector13: Flipped Batman in the night.

So I knew that of 4mask, DA and Persus, 2/3 of them were goos. Specifically, one of them was a silver goo. A silver goo takes on the role of someone targeting them. 4mask has confirmed to me that he's not the silver goo. That leaves DA and Persus. There haven't been enough days/players for a ghoul to have targeted a silver goo DA such that DA could become a ghoul, gain a Suicide one-shot and use it on N2. So Persus was the silver goo.

As Persus was the silver goo, a ghoul must have targeted them. The only players with roles unaccounted for are Fallacy and Teneb. (I did think DA could be a ghoul and have targeted them, but DA was clearly faking their own death last night and they never targeted him on previous days, which clears them). So one of either Fallacy or Teneb must have targeted Persus last night. As a new ghoul, they'd have no roles on their first night. So Persus must have been killed by a King ghoul.

DA claims their role was changed last night. Teneb has claimed not to have an active ability, so that leaves Fallacy to have been the one to target DA. Thus, the only person who could both be a ghoul and have targeted Persus is Teneb.

Unless anyone has any left-field information to throw at me, I think that's this day solved.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2016, 01:18:21 pm »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 08, 2016, 01:24:11 pm »

Nice theory. It has a few problems, though: I am green goo. So unless DA target me, it must've been someone else. 'Course, you only got my word for it, but such is life.

Furthermore:
So one of either Fallacy or Teneb must have targeted Persus last night. As a new ghoul, they'd have no roles on their first night. So Persus must have been killed by a King ghoul.

DA claims their role was changed last night. Teneb has claimed not to have an active ability, so that leaves Fallacy to have been the one to target DA. Thus, the only person who could both be a ghoul and have targeted Persus is Teneb.

Unless anyone has any left-field information to throw at me, I think that's this day solved.
In light of this, Fallacy might've been the one to do the kill. I really wonder where you got the whole "you must be ghoul!" thing from. Just because I have no active abilities? Wow, that truly is a very precise description of a single role! It is clear that this single role, and no other, is the one with no active abilities whatsoever. And I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids! /sarcasm

I did absolutely nothing last night. If someone acted upon me, I am unaware of it.

DA: What did your role change to?

Enjoy that lung cancer.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 08, 2016, 01:41:25 pm »

Last Night:

4maskwolf - Nothing, not a ghoul
Notquitethere - Nothing, not a ghoul
Deus Asmoth - Could be a ghoul, but he was faking his own death this night, had his role changed somehow
Persus13 - Being a silver goo and being attacked by a ghoul.
Shakerag - Being an ICM and Vanillarizing 4mask
Teneb - Claims to have been doing nothing as a green goo, could have been killing Persus as a ghoul.
FallacyofUrist - Only person who could have been changing DA's role.

Your story doesn't add up Teneb. Who's lying and how? If Fallacy performed the kill then who changed DA's role?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 08, 2016, 02:00:28 pm »

Well, NQT's corrupt bureaucrat claim fits with him being fine with Shakerag taking his role in the first round since he'd already used it, so his count is likely accurate. The problem being that I was a ghoul originally, but since Teneb wasn't around for the count that doesn't mean he wasn't also a ghoul.

NQT: I think I see a problem here. You say that 4mask has confirmed that he's not silver goo, but since he's also not yellow goo, there are only two option here: either a) he is a silver goo and is planning to ICM Shakerag tonight, preventing him from ICM'ing anyone else, or b) he's a toxic goo and Shakerag is about to die. So I guess the colour of the third goo on your list has become relevant.

4mask: Is option b correct?

Teneb: I have a roleblock now. Why is this relevant to your interests?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 08, 2016, 02:21:29 pm »

NQT... changed his avatar... my mind has been broken.
Not.
~~~
Now here's the funny thing about this.
I preformed the kill on Persus. And I also changed Deus Asmoth's role, I suppose.
~~~
You go: "Huh?". I go: "Evil Clown. The Evil Clown has an ability that both switches its target's role with a random player's role and then kills the target."
~~~
Which is to say that Deus Asmoth got Persus' role.
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2016, 02:27:17 pm »

What a twist!

OK. Need to recalculate things...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2016, 02:36:10 pm »

Oh fucknuggets I had a whole post written out and then FoU claimed the kill.

So in other words.

We have no idea who the mafia is

It could be you!  It could be me!  It could even be...
* 4maskwolf is shot

Actually.

Let's start with the people who would have nothing better to do than kill and so probably would have.

4maskwolf (toxic goo)
notquitethere (vanilla)
Teneb (green goo)
Deus Asmoth (suiciding to avoid actions seems dumb as the only scum)

Unless one of us is being really sneak (which, okay, NQT and I are on the list, that's totally a possibility) none of us are mafia, since we'd have chosen to kill rather than sit on our asses.

That leaves Shakerag (who's dead today anyway, no need to lynch) and FallacyofUrist

FallacyofUrist

...And I ended up voting for the person I was going to vote for anyway.  That's fine by me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2016, 02:36:57 pm »

And if it's not either of those two it's Teneb and we lynch his ass tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20