Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 5: Hail to the King  (Read 35556 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 5: Round 2, Day 2. (6/7) (Queue: 6)
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2016, 03:09:23 pm »

Hmm. I was assuming that NQT meant that he had targeted Shakrag and lost his role as a result. Shakerag using Ice Cream on him makes more sense though.
Yes, to confirm, that was what happened.

Persus, what didn't I answer? Unless there's a town killer, Shakerag is conftown.
Is there any incentive for the King Mafia to off someone N1 besides one less player to kill later?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2016, 03:35:12 pm »

Reasons:
- one less person to perform hostile night actions against them
- one less day to endure
- one less person to vote for them
- one step closer to winning
- to compensate for a weak day game

Why wouldn't the king kill?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2016, 03:36:51 pm »

Why's it a stupid question? Look at how OSG acted: hesitant unvoting at the slightest provocation.
I'll answer this after TinFoil answers you.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2016, 04:57:56 pm »

Tinfoil, why no commitment behind your vote?
The vote was mostly for the purposes of getting a reaction from Persus, which likely would've gone better had the Unvote not also been red and bolded, so it didn't stand out quite as much as he saw the post

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2016, 05:20:44 pm »

4maskwolf:
Eheh nicely done, I see what you did there.
I must be having a case of the dumbs, because I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
I'll admit curiosity to this answer as well.  This round feels more like a chat room designated as a "safe place" than a mafia game so far. 

TFTH:
The vote was mostly for the purposes of getting a reaction from Persus, which likely would've gone better had the Unvote not also been red and bolded, so it didn't stand out quite as much as he saw the post
Well that was a dumbshit thing to do then, wasn't it?  Especially considering he didn't even respond to your question before you explained it away as just a pressure vote. 
So, TFTH, how does it feel to be on the other end of hammer-1?  My vote's going to stick on you until I see a bit more activity and non-fluff content.

Deus Asmoth:
So what have you done so far to deserve the title of King of the Mafia?

Persus13:
How do you think the King Mafia benefit from not killing on N1?
There are a few abilities that give a benefit if you don't use a night action.  Also, glorious WIFOM.  Technically, (and I almost wish I had thought of this earlier), you could pick Godfather, never do a night kill, and hope your day skills are bad ass enough to see you through.
If he had it would have looked suspicious, since NQT's language didn't imply accusation.
Arguable.  But I see your point.

NQT:
So you going to give up the goods or not, hon? 

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2016, 05:37:01 pm »

4maskwolf:
Eheh nicely done, I see what you did there.
I must be having a case of the dumbs, because I'm not seeing what you're seeing.
I interpreted it as a way to determine whether my role was active or passive, but apparently you didn't think that far ahead.

I'll admit curiosity to this answer as well.  This round feels more like a chat room designated as a "safe place" than a mafia game so far.
Nice abbr tags.

Why's it a stupid question? Look at how OSG acted: hesitant unvoting at the slightest provocation.
Scum tells are not universal, as you should know from playing here so long.  The signs that I'm scum are different from the signs that you are scum.  But as it turns out I have to eat my words, because I assumed that TinFoil did the vote/unvote to avoid getting a warning (per the game rules) when apparently it was... supposed to rile up Persus?

unvote

Unvotes have to be red and bolded or they won't count.  Have you played any games of mafia on this forum before?

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2016, 05:50:31 pm »

Unvotes have to be red and bolded or they won't count.  Have you played any games of mafia on this forum before?
I'm aware of the fact that they are supposed to be red and bolded, as is the norm here.
No, but on other forums yes.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2016, 05:53:48 pm »

NQT:[/b] why are you equating OSG's scum game to another person's scum game? We're all special snowflakes around here, right?

TFTH, why did you unvote him at all if you wanted to see how he reacted to being one vote from the hammer?

Persus, you've talked a fair bit about the N1 kill. Is it really accomplish anything?

Shakerag: the crown is mine by divine right alone. But I do think I made a contribution to lynching the pretender yesterday. Why are you asking other players real questions?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2016, 06:00:34 pm »

I'm aware of the fact that they are supposed to be red and bolded, as is the norm here.
Well then I'm not entirely sure how you're not aware that a pressure/reaction test vote, which by your own admission is what you were going for here, means that you actually keep your vote on them.

I'm not going to vote you because that would be hammer, but I would like an explanation of why you shouldn't be lynched today.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2016, 06:01:30 pm »

Shakerag: the crown is mine by divine right alone.
Technically if anyone gets to play that card it's me, I was denied the crown by a coin flip last time around.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2016, 06:10:08 pm »

TFTH, why did you unvote him at all if you wanted to see how he reacted to being one vote from the hammer?
I wanted to avoid a sudden hammer on someone whom I hadn't yet been able to read, while still getting him to react for a moment.

Well then I'm not entirely sure how you're not aware that a pressure/reaction test vote, which by your own admission is what you were going for here, means that you actually keep your vote on them.

I'm not going to vote you because that would be hammer, but I would like an explanation of why you shouldn't be lynched today.
Because I'm not mafia, and not as scummy as certain other players here.
NQT.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2016, 06:32:08 pm »

Pfp

Shakes, I'm going to decline spilling the beans for reasons that would be obvious if I spilled them. If you want to know, I claimed some on D1.

4mask, it was obvious to me it wasn't just a prod-avoid because he asked Persus what he thought about the vote. Scum signs aren't all the same, but people to often have similar tells... that's the basis of traditional-scumhunting!

Tinfoil, a good rule of thumb is: keep your vote on someone until they no longer justify that vote. Unvoting kills the pressure. You imply I'm more scummy than you. In what way? Give some reasons. Your vote is just a flail right now.

Deus, I respect your town game when it's on point, but I'm not seeing it. What you just said was bullshit and you know it. There is a range of behaviour that is indicative of scum play, usually different manifestations of their inability to form genuine suspicions. Spotting similarities between a player's behaviour and ways scum have acted in the past is core scumhunting. If he's made of snow and symmetrical then he's probably a snowflake too.

But let's follow this nonsense to its logical conclusion: do tell me what's Tinfoil's special tell if he's completely incomparable with all other scum players?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 5: Round 1, Night 0. (7/7) (Queue: 5)
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2016, 06:54:31 pm »

Vote Count:

4maskwolf: 
Notquitethere:  Deus Asmoth, TinFoilTopHat
Deus Asmoth: 
Persus13: 
Shakerag: 
TinFoilTopHat:  Persus13, Notquitethere, Shakerag

No Lynch: 

Not Voting:  4maskwolf

Day 2 will last until Friday 3/4 at 11 PM EST.  4 to hammer.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:38:55 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2016, 07:13:46 pm »

NQTOk, but if your justification for the vote was it being a general scumtell rather than based off that one specific, why use OSG to justify it to 4mask rather than saying that in the first place?

Unvote

TFTH
Because I'm not mafia, and not as scummy as certain other players here.
NQT.
What makes NQT scummier than you, and why have all of your votes co-incidentally been on people that are voting for you, with little to no explanation?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2016, 07:14:57 pm »

Unvote.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20