Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: King of the Mafia 5: Hail to the King  (Read 35560 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 5: Round 2, Day 2. (6/7) (Queue: 6)
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2016, 01:52:07 pm »

Deus Asmoth:
Complete this sentence:  The reason I'm going to get lynched today is because __________
the Man can't take my radical world view, man! There are no strings on me, and the Man hates what he can't control, man! Don't be the Man's puppets any more, break free!
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2016, 03:59:38 pm »

4maskwolf:
As I recall it has ten one-shot abilities or something.
You're thinking of Chuck Norris.
Because of the Ask a Stupid Question Principle.  If somebody asks me a stupid question I'll give them an answer they deserve.  In this case, the answer he deserved was snark.
Fair enough.
For clarity's sake: no, I didn't kill hector13.
Out of wild curiosity, say you did have a kill last night.  Who would you have targeted?

NQT:
*rereads ice cream man role* I think I had the interaction confused with yellow goo. No matter. My role was a one shot 50% corrupt bureaucrat. I learned two town roles on day 1. Anyone want to give me an argument whether or not I should share them?
On one hand that could give the KING MAFIA an advantage of what to be wary of (or relieved at seeing crap powers), but on the other hand, one of those two roles could belong to the new KING MAFIA right now and that could give us some informational advantage.  I'd be inclined for you to share.  If there's a power that never seems to get used it could belong to the KING MAFIA and we could potentially lynch him by process of elimination.  Also, if you happen to be KING MAFIA and lie about your role, then thanks for providing your own rope.

Deus Asmoth:
Deus Asmoth:
Complete this sentence:  The reason I'm going to get lynched today is because __________
the Man can't take my radical world view, man! There are no strings on me, and the Man hates what he can't control, man! Don't be the Man's puppets any more, break free!
ಠ_ಠ
I guess I'll have to try and lynch you later, seeing as that I'm now The Ice Cream Man.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2016, 05:22:08 pm »

Tinfoil, how would you characterise your play style?
Generally it consists of using a combination of mostly sensical logic, deductive reasoning, and a weird blend of stupidity and dumb luck.
TinFoilTopHat:
What didn't you notice in the rules when you submitted your role?
What kind of mafia experience do you have?
Using stupid roles.
I've honestly had mostly experience with epicmafia(town of Salem type thing with 5 minute days purely text-based), but I've played a few games of mafia on other forums.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2016, 07:44:09 pm »

4maskwolf:
Out of wild curiosity, say you did have a kill last night.  Who would you have targeted?
Hmm... probably you, because I fucking hate your role ability.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2016, 10:05:58 pm »

4maskwolf:
Yellow Goo or Ice Cream Man?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2016, 11:08:58 pm »

As long as that kill wasn't from a town player. Is there any incentive for the King Mafia to off someone N1 besides one less player to kill later?
Unless my maths are off, KM killing on N1 means that they win at the start of day 4 (5 others at the start of D2, 3 at the start of D3 and 1 at the start of D4 for a tied lynch and win) whereas not killing means they have to get through the day 4 lynch as well.
Town powers could slow down or accelerate this time frame, but this is a good point.

Persus13:
Why would you wonder about what additional incentive the KING MAFIA would have for killing N1?
If were going to be throwing around the words "confirmed town", I'd like to make sure its actually the case. As that was a question NQT hasn't responded too, I'll answer you further later. How do you think the King Mafia benefit from not killing on N1?

4maskwolf:
Why did you not deny killing hector13 when NQT first asked you?
If he had it would have looked suspicious, since NQT's language didn't imply accusation.

TinFoilTopHat: Why have you been fairly passive in-game so far?

Deus Asmoth:
PersusClearly you killed hector for trying to claim the number 13 for himself. My logic is undeniable.
A man's dead and all you can do is joke about it! How dare you, mafia is serious business. [/joke]
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia 5: Round 1, Night 0. (7/7) (Queue: 5)
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2016, 11:12:26 pm »

Vote Count:

4maskwolf:  Notquitethere,
Notquitethere: 
Deus Asmoth: 
Persus13:  Deus Asmoth, Shakerag,
Shakerag: 
TinFoilTopHat:  Persus13,

No Lynch: 

Not Voting:  4maskwolf, TinFoilTopHat

Night 1 will last until Tuesday 2/29 at 11 PM EST.  4 to hammer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2016, 11:14:27 pm »

Toaster: What is the proportion need for hammers in this game? Is it 2/3rds of the living players?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2016, 12:18:42 am »

4maskwolf:
Yellow Goo or Ice Cream Man?
Eheh nicely done, I see what you did there.

Toaster: What is the proportion need for hammers in this game? Is it 2/3rds of the living players?
Majority, as I understand it.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2016, 07:38:17 am »

TinFoilTopHat: Why have you been fairly passive in-game so far?
I was mostly looking just looking for tells and wondering what good questions would be.
Persus, how do you feel about now having 3 different people voting you in a 4 vote hammer system?
4mask, who do you feel is the scummiest person here and why?

Unvote.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2016, 08:35:04 am »

Tinfoil, why no commitment behind your vote?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2016, 08:45:39 am »

Majority, as I understand it.

This is correct.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2016, 09:14:45 am »

notquitethere that's a stupid question in a game setup like this, why do you ask it?

4mask, who do you feel is the scummiest person here and why?
Error: not enough time elapsed for reads.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2016, 09:16:46 am »

Why's it a stupid question? Look at how OSG acted: hesitant unvoting at the slightest provocation.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2016, 02:10:04 pm »

Hmm. I was assuming that NQT meant that he had targeted Shakrag and lost his role as a result. Shakerag using Ice Cream on him makes more sense though.
Yes, to confirm, that was what happened.

Persus, what didn't I answer? Unless there's a town killer, Shakerag is conftown.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20