Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Santa's factory and his 100 dwarves  (Read 10545 times)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Santa's factory and his 100 dwarves
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2007, 07:55:00 pm »

Actually, I grabbed the save to see what was what, and, for whatever reason, I can open it fine. I'll take my turn, fix the deathtrap issue, and then we can update to the new version.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2007, 11:27:00 pm »

Okay, I played through to the end of the year, fixed the especially nasty issues, and updated to 33f, flood-free. I made some notes and took a bunch of screenshots for a play-by-play - will anyone have bandwidth issues if I load the thread with images?

In either case, here's the file. (I could also play my normal turn next, if that's what people want.)
http://rapidshare.com/files/76889376/christmas.zip.html

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2007, 11:38:00 pm »

Vanigo's save works for me, anyone have any objections against me going from his save to the end of the year?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2007, 11:45:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>Vanigo's save works for me, anyone have any objections against me going from his save to the end of the year?</STRONG>

ONe question though. Is the infinite flooding in the toy making area normal?

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2007, 11:58:00 pm »

Wait, that's where the water's coming from? Crap, I only blocked off the main stairwell. Gimme a minute, I'll get that fixed.
Edit:Okay, here you go.  http://rapidshare.com/files/76893848/christmas.zip.html

[ December 16, 2007: Message edited by: Vanigo ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2007, 03:56:00 am »

Alright, let's DO THIS.
---------------------------

Santa's Journal of Granite 5th, 1053:

My metalworkers all seems busy about something, hauling trinkets around the fortress with little to no reason to do so, I've explicitally told all Furnace and Metal workers to do nothing but that so this year we'll get toys to every child in the world!

Granite 11th: I have ordered our south-western farms to begin farming Quarry bushes, as well as designating our smelting area to be smoothed over, because noone cares to work with magma with uneven footing.

Granite 12th, Thob Urvadnol, Skilled Woodcrafter, has been possesed and has gone around claiming various items in some sort of crazy silence. We'll let him be.

Ha! Right as I was about to close my journal and sleep for the night, a Thief is reported, and promptly strangled by a the brave Asmel Zagodlorbam:

He'll probably brag all week about this one, he already boasts that he's a "Dabbling Wrestler" now, ah I'll let him have his fun.

Bah! More thiefs in the night, while the Possessed Dwarf was out grabbing his items and was assaulted by the filth, luckily the thief ran ans the Dwarf continued his interesting yet creepy duty..

Granite 15th, MORE THIEVES! AUGH! Why do these Kobolds wish to steal the toys I am making for all children.

The Elves have come today, carrying many good which I will barter for. I've ordered an armful of flasks to be brought to the trade depot.

Granite 17th, The news is good this morning, no thieves for almost two days, and the Possessed dwarf has begun his work on an item. I'd like to knwo exactly what he's trying to make with only three logs, but I guess it's up to him.

The elves have arrived and are unloading their goods. I promptly went out to meet them and trade, we've gained about 120 berries and tubers, which will make a great deal of alcohol for my hardworking dwarves, and a good armload of cloth, which will be made into bags as soon as I find a Dwarf who looks talented enough to work with cloths.

Granite 22nd, Thob has finished his item:

I wish he'd teach me how he was able to make an ash bracelet, pity I see it as not being worth more than 4000*.

Slate 4th, the final week or so of granite was generally uneventful, I've ordered a large amount of stone to be dug out around a cluster of magnetite (To train the miner so he doesn't butcher all of it). The elves are still here for what seems like no reason.

Slate 13th, There sure are a lot of unused chairs in our furniture stockpile' I've been setting them up in our To-Be Eastern Dining Hall.

Slate 15th, a Cat just gave birth to four kittens. Four, I think it's time for us to start eating meat every once in a while.

Slate 24th, The elves have finally left. I guess they were busy being jealous of our superior toy-making skill.

Felsite 7th, 16 migrants have arrived today, mostly unskilled, but we got a handful of metalworkers, and a Hunter. The Hunter quickly promoted himself to sheriff, being the only Dwarf here with any weapon skill, no one disagreed.. or actually cared, everyone's too busy making toys or hauling toys to really give into politics. Oddly enough, the children are going around calling me the mayor.

Felsite 24th, I've taken up brewing in my free time, it's sure not as hard as most Dwarves claim it to be, I'm already a novice.

Felsite 25th. I've ordered the Hallway leading to the Smithing Area Widened to 7 Cubits wide (7 tiles, basically.)

Felsite 26th, A sad morning, I woke up and looked over our ever-working forges, and went off to brew. About halfway through preparing a barrel of sewer brew, a woodcutter reports that he saw our sheriff get murdered, by a Musk Ox, Named Tragiccloses.

Believe me, Tragiccloses, you will pay for your horrible injustice...

Okay, he WAS trying to kill you, but we need to eat more than you do.

Hematite 1st, The Woodcutters tell me that it is indeed summer now, and the perfect time for Cave Wheat Growing! All farm plots have been designated for Cave Wheat, except one that stays as Quarry Bushes.
----

Summer Stocks:

Also on another note, this year started with about 1050 toys, and we're now up to about.. oh wait, exactly 1337 toys. Hooray!

Im going to sleep now, ill finish tommorow.

[ December 16, 2007: Message edited by: Torak ]

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2007, 03:49:00 pm »

That's a WHOLE LOT of toys! You must have a ton of space for storage. And a lot of bins.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2007, 04:10:00 pm »

Hematite 4th, today I realized I rather like bronze. I've mandated the construction of three bronze items.

Hematite 6th, I've ordered my office to be expanded, and added a Bedroom and Dining room to it. This will be a grand place for me to check my list.

Hematite 14th, The Goblins Snatchers have begun arriving in mass amounts, along with thieves. I've decided that the only dwarf that was able to protect our children and goods with any ability would be me. (Sorry but he's the only dwarf fast enough to get to snatchers before they escape) I've already killed A snatcher and thief today.

Hematite 15th, A peasant by the name of Ilral Tranceiron asked me if I would need more soldiers added to the military, and after some thinking I realized I didn't have a single sparring partner! This would not be good if any true conflicts were ahead, I quickly recruited him and have him the title of "   Brigadier". Two iron shields were made in our Forges, and some chain mail.

Also, the humans have arrived with four wagons! I don't think we've got enough flasks to buy too many things, but I will barter for whatever we can get.

Hematite 16th, DAMNIT! I managed to injure my sparring partner a lot with my tiger grab, I missed his arm completely and my hand went into his lower body, and hurting his pancreas.

Looks like I've got to find a new sparring partner.

Hematite 17th, apparently the news of my sparring incident has spread faster and pissed more people off than you'd think.

I can think of someone who's getting coal this year. Molten coal.
On another note, the humans have arrived at our trade depot.

Hematite 18th, THESE HUMANS! BAH! COAL FOR ALL OF THEM! They keep saying that I must trade a multitude of toys for their goods, or that they will not accept any trade. I've ordered all their goods seized and for them to leave my lands now, that will show them for their greed!

Hematite 20th, After a couple days of bed rest, Ilral has recovered from his pancreas injury! Praise Armok! Most physicians claim internal injuries never heal, but they were wrong. We both have started sparring immediately to celebrate.

Hematite 24th, While sparring today I almost tripped over a sleeping farmer, I've decided to order 20 beds be made to accommodate all these people.

Hematite 26th, a Metalsmith who was making mine and Ilral's armor decided to stop and "withdraw from society." Let's hope he makes a toy.

Hematite 27th, Kivish has claimed a magma forge and has gone out to get some items. Let's hope he doesn't need Glass.

Hemat(smeared ink)  Mining excavation.. Magnetite.. Water..

Malachite 5th, I've dried out my logbook, on hematite 28th I order strip mining to find more minerals, ends up our miner dug directly into an aquifer without realizing it.

We narrowly avoided disaster, but two men are stuck behind both walls, but this is mostly because they directly ignored my orders to stay OUT OF THE TUNNEL. (I restricted the entire fucking thing, AND forbade all the items in it. I mean, Jesus Christ, seriously)

I've ordered a new hallway into the forging area to be made.

Malachite 7th, some good news, the tunnel to the forges is almost finished, and amongst all the chaos and crying, Kivish has finished his artifact.

I see it as being worth about 31200*.

Malachite 15th, we've saved the two trapped men in the nick of time, the flood was about to get to them, so the mason started ripping a section of the wall down so him and the armorer could escape, the wall was fixed just in time before the flood reached it.

Malachite 19th, I regretfully informed our metalworkers and smelters that we are putting our metal industry on hold a for a while until we get everything into order again.

Galena 2nd, great news from our miner.

Some very good children shall be getting platinum toys this year!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2007, 04:12:00 pm »

Note: I had to cut post into parts because of image limit.
---

Galena 7th, Odd news this morning,

He died of thirst, but he was never injured, and the reports of his corpse say he is in our dining hall, but he is not. Strange indeed.

Galena 11th, I've ordered a multitude of animals to be slaughtered, including around 5 puppies, 3 kittens, and 4 horses.

Galena 15th, Two peasants have been recruited into Ilral's squad, I have given myself a sword, and Ilral has grabbed a spear. We're looking to be quite the fighting force if the need arises.

The rest of galena was uneventful, training got done, milling got.. milled, plants got harvested.
---------
Seasonal report:

Major Achievements: Created standing army, gained tons of brewable items, weapons, and armor from Humans, managed to flood northern smelting operation.

Also we went from 1337 toys to 1616 toys.

[ December 16, 2007: Message edited by: Torak ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2007, 04:35:00 pm »

Sorry but someone's going to need to take over from here, I cannot go on because I have project to finish and a movie to edit.

It all seems to be going well, good luck though.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2007, 11:58:00 pm »

Uh, Rusted Axe? You going to pick up from here?

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2007, 12:04:00 am »

Nice job, Torak.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2007, 05:52:00 am »

quote:
On the item is an image of a dwarf in Iron. The dwarf is cringing.

Looks like Santa's sparring incident has been immortalized for generations to come.
"Be a good kid, or Dwarf Santa will rupture your pancreas!"
iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2007, 07:12:00 am »

Sorry, I got finals this week  :(
I'll be able to do it from Wednesday on, though.

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2007, 02:49:00 pm »

Turn handed down to Vanigo. Rusted Axe will play after PTTG.
iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7