Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Santa's factory and his 100 dwarves  (Read 10546 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Santa's factory and his 100 dwarves
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 07:25:00 pm »

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Gimme two seconds, I'll check what I have.

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2007, 07:34:00 pm »

Holy Sith, I deleated the wrong one! Sorry, TeDDD, looks like my turn is... lost. Go ahead and take the first year save, and I'll go back to the end of the line. It's either that, or, if everybody else doesn't mind, you could go ahead and reclaim the map. Sorry everybody-

PTTG?? Cancels apologize: being Hammered.

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2007, 10:06:00 pm »

Ah, nuts.  Oh well.  I'm taking the old save rather than reclaiming because all the animal corpses were freaking me out.

I'll try to set up a magma factory again.

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2007, 12:43:00 am »

Ah, frick.  That went south really quickly.  If anyone is interested, here's my Autumn save I just made.  My fort is thirsty, my food stores are low, and my last miner just got encased in ice.

I blame my failure on my relative inexperience, previous reliance on a plump helmet food chain, and international Communism.
http://rapidshare.com/files/76670377/christmas.rar.html

We're cursed, I tell you.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2007, 01:26:00 am »

Ill go after Ted if noone else is going to promptly be getting onto this.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2007, 01:44:00 am »

go ahead.  I'll take it some time after next Wednesday on.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2007, 01:58:00 am »

Tedd's region doesnt load for me, or show up in the "continue game" area.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2007, 02:07:00 am »

Which version is this?

It seems that in each save the fortresses are abandoned. Intentional?

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Torak ]

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2007, 08:42:00 am »

Guys, turns out I won't have time to play, so take me off the list.  Sorry.     :(

Edit: spelling

[ December 15, 2007: Message edited by: Dame de la Licorne ]

If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2007, 09:00:00 am »

The version is E.  I don't think it was explicitly stated, but note the farm issues mentioned in the first few posts.  Those issues are unique to E.

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2007, 10:14:00 am »

TeDDD, you should have kept going. I checked your save and it wasn't that bad. Just running those stills and using your magma forges to make some picks solved all problems by late autumn.

To everyone interested: this is version 33e. Don't attempt to run it in any other version, and for the love of all that's holy do not use 33f. It seems we have an automatic flooding system that triggers on adventure mode and 33f.

So, since Dame is off the list, should Rusted Axe play or has Torak managed to get his game started and is taking year 3?

iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2007, 10:49:00 am »

quote:
...for the love of all that's holy do not use 33f. It seems we have an automatic flooding system that triggers on adventure mode and 33f.

Wait, what?  Is this something I should know about before making an F fort?

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2007, 11:27:00 am »

quote:
Wait, what? Is this something I should know about before making an F fort?

Let's just say this aquifer doesn't autofreeze anymore. The entrance chute suddenly becomes a water supply system.
iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2007, 02:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MyBeardIsOnFire:
<STRONG>
So, since Dame is off the list, should Rusted Axe play or has Torak managed to get his game started and is taking year 3?</STRONG>

Im having a major issue with trying to continue anyone's save, because in all the savegames the fortress is abandoned.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2007, 07:04:00 pm »

Well, at least I feel like less of an idiot.
Let's see, we have a bug wherein immediately upon sending the savegame to annother player, the save somehow becomes abandoned. Also, our current design magicaly transforms into a deathtrap in the new version, preventing updates. So, we have a few options:
-Start over: we lose the progress we have made, but the game will go much smoother from here on out.
-forge ahead: well, we just accept the problems, and reclaim every time we continue, and keep using 33e.
-Or, we play a competition game: Three things going for it:
--limited time left.
--might be going to restart anyway.
--scenario fits competition well: # of toys easy to rank.

Any of these is fine with me, but my turn is already lost anyway. Anyone want to vote on it?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7