Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caves caves caves  (Read 893 times)

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caves caves caves
« on: February 22, 2016, 07:36:13 pm »

How long does everyone actually search through caves (in terms of z-lvl) before you think you have wiped out all the kobolds or otherwise that inhabit the cave? Not including the naked mole dogs.
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves caves caves
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 08:54:18 pm »

depends on the cave.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 09:42:34 pm »

What makes you decide depending on the cave? Do you always stop at the caverns, if you dont see anything for awhile?
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 10:32:32 pm »

If there's any way further down within the region tile's bounds you can expect more kobolds to be there, though passages to the 2nd cavern layer are rare. But to make things extra frustrating, they can also wander off the edges of the region tile, above or below ground. I think if you got this as a quest, you were sent on a fools' errand.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 12:36:41 am »

If there's any way further down within the region tile's bounds you can expect more kobolds to be there, though passages to the 2nd cavern layer are rare. But to make things extra frustrating, they can also wander off the edges of the region tile, above or below ground. I think if you got this as a quest, you were sent on a fools' errand.

I have always had a hard time locating cave-kobolds.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 01:16:56 am »

By "region tile" you mean the name of the area correct? So if I entered the cave from an area called "The Molten Hill" and it turned into lets say "The Jungles of Blazing", then I've gone too far? As far as it being a ridiculous quest, I get these all the time whether is bandit/criminals or skulking vermin, as Im sure everyone else does.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 01:32:02 am »

By "region tile" you mean the name of the area correct? So if I entered the cave from an area called "The Molten Hill" and it turned into lets say "The Jungles of Blazing", then I've gone too far? As far as it being a ridiculous quest, I get these all the time whether is bandit/criminals or skulking vermin, as Im sure everyone else does.
I mean the entire tile the site is in, the whole area you aren't able to fast-travel from. It's possible to have more than one biome overlapping in it, so that's not a reliable guide. You can mark the corners of it with campfires by testing where fast-travel is possible, then when you're underground you can look to the surface and see the campfires as a guide.