Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Desert Dwarves  (Read 6034 times)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Desert Dwarves
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2007, 11:49:00 am »

sadly somehow this game ended up with two saves on the menu and both didnt work. I had tp upload a save from beginning of winter and im sure all the dwarves will still be here but the names will be different   :(
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2007, 02:31:00 pm »

Survival is no longer as big of an issue. Now is the time to live what has.

All eight of the dwarves knew that the migrants would soon arrive now that the roads are free of any frost. Or whatever frost that can exist near a desert. They scampered eagerly awaiting the arriving company of the migrants. And eagerly awaiting others to speak with. Tension had gathered in the winter. Though all were more then content to wait it out. The dwarves didn’t speak again since the last break out with the chasm and all. Except for the few words of nessicity. With the oh so common response. “ugh”

The river flooded while they slept. Wordlessly when 4bh0r53n woke up he got working on the farm with OTherdwarf’s help. The early spring passed. But with only one occasion.
“JimmyJ.” 4bh0r53n starts “You have ANOTHER cat following you?”
“I do?” JimmyJ says. “There’s so many I lose track of them.”

“Yea right…” she mutters under her breath.

(This is not part of the story line) Yea just incase you didn’t read my earlier post 4bh0r53n your dwarf is female. (Ok back to story)

Time passed.  17th of Slate. The day the dwarves have waited for. The migrants have come.

“GUYS!” TotalPigeon shouted “THE MIGRANTS ARE HERE!”
Rushing out the dwarves all came out and cheered. Except JimmyJ. No one noticed that he just sat there where he was in the first place. In his mason workshop with his cats surrounding him.

The first to arrive at the entrance was a hunter. “Hail dwarves of Lokunabod.”
“Heliopios!” Xeirxes said “Never thought I would see you at one of our stone mountains. Always thought you preferred hunting animals with the humans.”
“I did. But when I heard that you started a home here. I decided you would need help getting meat on the table.”
“Well you were right. For near a year all we have has been roasted wine and plants. A dwarf needs meat in his life.”
“Ha ha and planty of rum and beer to go with it.”
“As always we have had a plenty amount here. But with the migrants coming…” Xeirxres looks at the others who have come. “I don’t know how long it will last.”
“Well that is we can always last a few days on water. So long as we get something within a month im good with it”

With that Heliopios and another hunter by the name of Reig came and went on hunting. Spotting some nearby hippos Heliopios and Reig stalk after them and only succeeding in puncturing one lung of one hippo. The hippos escaped. But then Heliopios spots some Gazelle near the horizon and stalks after them. Reig was in dire need for a drink and went off to get some rum. Heliopios however succeeded in killing all seven of the gazelles.

In the mean time the craftsdwarves quickly set up a crafts workshop and one of them immediately started carving bolts from the bones.

End of Spring 1052

Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2007, 02:33:00 pm »

Blame writers block for the real lack of interest in this one. The real fun will come when the first child comes   ;)

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2007, 03:31:00 pm »

everything looks as if irts going well atm....

what lvl grower am i atm (novice->legendary)

.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2007, 04:09:00 pm »

You are adept at the moment and on break. and i messed up Heliopios last name i accidentaly gave him Reigs. Sorry about that  :p

JimmyJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2007, 04:18:00 pm »

hehe, I've got another cat : P
et out of my signiture!!!!!!!!!!

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2007, 09:02:00 pm »

Just because one seems possessed doesn’t mean one is mad
                     Yorl, Philosopher

The passing of season brought much work for the dwarves. The recently killed gazelles still needed butchering. And much of the meat needed cooking. Plants needed to be brewed. Seeds needed to be collected for later use. For the plants were plenty and were threatening to overflow. The farmhands did their best to cook brew and process what they could. Three farmhands were not enough.  The other farmers had dedicated themselves to either cooking, plant gathering, brewing, or butchering the animals. Yet weariless they went on. For the Dwarven traders had told them that humans would come in the summer. And so they prepared for such.

But not all things were so bleak.
For one dwarf. For one Etun Wheelcloister. For he suddenly his eyes turned white. He strode to a craftsmen workshop. And with a voice very unlike his own. Began demanding Wood.

Everyone thought he had gone crazy.
“Oh and why should we listen to you yer flea beard.” Said Thirb, the bonecrafter.
“Yea what makes you think you can tell us what to do? We all know what is needed go fetch it yer self.” Said Core XII
“Wait do what he says.” JimmyJ says.
“Oh great you again with your all knowing knowledge of what you think is real.” 4bh0r53n says,
“Look at his eyes.”
Sneering 4bh0r53n looks at Etun’s eyes and gasps. “His pupils are gone. His eyes are all white.”
“Yes he has been possessed”
“Then we must ward him off so he doesn’t do us harm” Rakast, the Jeweler says.
“No they who are possessed usually make great artifacts. Doesn’t anybody remember the king’s own mace?”
“Aye I do.” Grek says. “His mace was created by a smith who claims to have been possessed by spirits. He claims it was they who gave him what was needed to make such a mace.”
“Then you are saying that Etun will…” 4bh0r53n stammers.
Quickly the three nearest dwarves run off for wood. All bringing Acacia logs.

“This will do” A voice said from within Etun. Quietly Etun began working. If someone listened close they could hear him muttering Unolasteb.

This was not the only event that took the Summer. The dwarves were finall ready to begin digging out the heart of Lokunabod. The very castle that will house every noble that comes to this mountain. A room will even be prepared for meetings if need be.

But not all events were good. The Human caravan had arrived. But sadly their caravans couldn’t get through. They were kind enough to send some mules however. But as the merchants were about to cross the river they were ambushed by unicorns. Of all things. Unicorns were suppose to be kind creatures. Yet there they were. The slaughtered one mule quickly. The two guards held off the unicorns as best as they could.

Two of the unicorns chased a wounded guard into the fortress where the dwarves quickly scattered. The unicorns chased the guard into the tree-farm. The dwarves watched as the guard was cornered. The unicorns slowly drew closer. The guard hopelessly swung his sword cutting one of the unicorn’s legs. But it was hopeless for him. The dwarves quickly barred the unicorns in preventing them from escape. The other guard however succeeded in guarding the merchants as they ran away one mule gone. After the merchants were safely gone the guard chased the unicorn down killing three before he too went after the merchants. Heliopios and Reig knew what was needed. They had to kill the remaining two unicorns. Before they bred. Quickly the two dwarves stalked in. Closer and closer they got. Close enough that they would have a clear shot. Reig was the first to shoot. He fired a bolt but it went awry. The unicorns didn’t notice. Loading another bolt Reig quickly shot another bolt successfully hitting a unicorn in the stomach. But alas he had forgotten to check his bolt level. Seeing that both unicorns were badly injured he strode forward hoping to bash them to death. When Heliopios had finally gotten in range Reig was almost next to the unicorns. Knowing that it was too late for Reig to get away Heliopios shot at the unicorns. He shot one in the head instantly killing it. Reig went after the other while Heliopios tried to find an opeing. He couldn’t fire in fear of hitting Reig. But alas it wouldn’t matter. The unicorn stabbed Reig in the heart with her horn. Heliopios shot the unicorn straight in the heart. But Reig couldn’t be saved. Reig was now the first dwarf to join the dead. He will be the first to be buried in a long line of others soon to be. But right now he is the first.

The only thing that could even slightly brighten the dark day, the day of the first death, was the completion of the artifact. Etun had created Unolasteb, Soultell, an Acacia earring.

Coming to his senses Etun shakes his head then asks whos earring he was holding.
“Why Etun” Grek said” You were possessed by spirits who through you created that artifact. It will bring many a dwarf here.”

In his joy and pride (His own falsehood of it that is) Etun took a stroll to see the chasm. He was going to gather up some of the few gold ore that was found there. That was until something tried to kill him. He saw it was something that looked like a huge mole.

He ran back down the tunnel with the mole close behind him. The mole was catching up and knowing it was either time to die now or later Etun attacked it back. Surprising even himself Etun attacked with such ferocity that he killed the mole. Grinning he dragged the corpse to the front of the mountain where it could be butchered.

End of Summer 1052

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »

This should be MUCH better. a full summer of stuff   :D

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2007, 03:38:00 am »

How are the miners doing btw?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Heliopios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2007, 04:02:00 am »

I let him die, damn.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2007, 09:01:00 am »

Well the miners are fairing well. You and Metalax have been legendary since... before second spring i think. and Keiseth is getting there. I want to try and get Keiseth legendary before is ultimate trip to the magma. Keiseth is right now Proficient. and Heliopiops you didn't let him die. It was his fault he didn't have your exp.   ;)

Heliopios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2007, 12:31:00 pm »

What level Marksdwarf/Hunter/Ambusher am I?

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2007, 12:53:00 pm »

Phew, you'd think with me out collecting plants I'd be the one the unicorns were chasing. Hows my guy doing? With a last name like Magicsteels you'll have to give him some weapon training soon  :D

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2007, 11:44:00 pm »

i love this thread.  especially because whenever i see it, i think "mmmmm... dessert dwarfs..."  :P

the game journal is good too  :)

Xeirxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2007, 04:00:00 am »

haha, awesome

can I see my profile?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5