Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Desert Dwarves  (Read 6029 times)

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Desert Dwarves
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2007, 07:19:00 pm »

Just to make clear to those who cant really read correctly. Metalax's dwarf IS female. This is not a typo. Asehujiko is a male. JimmyJ is a male. Xeirxes is a male dwarf. Grek is also a male. 4bh0r53n is a female dwarf. TotalPigeon is a male. Otherdwarf is also a female dwarf. Just in case you guys were wondering.   :D
Courage. Do one brave thing today, then run like H#ll.
Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2007, 07:21:00 pm »

<STRONG>And I shall gather an army of cats to patrol the fortress and do my bidding : D</STRONG>[/QUOTE]

AGGHHHH. You army IS gathering. I must find a way to drow...... shelter you from either water or magma. Preferably magma   :D

Insanity: What others call geniuses when they are jealous and/or unable to comprehend the ideas/inventions of amazing/epic proportions of the one being called insane.

Heliopios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2007, 07:53:00 pm »

So many cats

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2007, 08:04:00 pm »

migrants have arrived i have edited the post with the list of dwarves. Check it if you want to see if you have arrived. If any one else wants to join besides those already listed. you have until monday when i post again. Im going to test more ideas and one year has passed before my weekend has.  :eek:

JimmyJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2007, 10:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by short_dwarf:
<STRONG>[qb]And I shall gather an army of cats to patrol the fortress and do my bidding : D</STRONG>

AGGHHHH. You army IS gathering. I must find a way to drow...... shelter you from either water or magma. Preferably magma    :D[/QB][/QUOTE]

But would you really want to do away with such an expert of the mountains? I have a lot of background knowledge : )

et out of my signiture!!!!!!!!!!

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2007, 10:58:00 pm »

Yea your right your an expert mason i thinks right now and you will learn why you know such about the mountain in one of the updates. I would think though when I as a noble force the dwarves to cross the magma.   :D  withOUT the bridge   :D  (j/k... maybe)

JimmyJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2007, 11:15:00 pm »

LOL Maybe you'd have the bridge... but not just any bridge.... a DRAW BRIDGE
et out of my signiture!!!!!!!!!!

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2007, 11:21:00 pm »

Evil, Cunning, Evil, Greedy, Evil Greedy, selfish, Greedy  = The perfect Noble.

This is why i work well as one   :D

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2007, 04:32:00 pm »

We have a very BIG problem at the moment. I am experience writers block. AGGHHH  :mad:   :mad:

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2007, 05:25:00 pm »

Holy cow, I'm not dead yet! Or even badly maimed. I even have a cool name (Ringtusks). What am I forging?

[ April 09, 2007: Message edited by: Grek ]

short_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2007, 05:44:00 pm »

You have forged a bronze crafts and a barrel. Though i swore i made you forge an axe so you could cut down trees.   :mad:  And the migrant wave HAS no carpenters or natuaral axedwarves.

Peristarkawan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2007, 11:33:00 am »

Hey, I started a similar fortress without knowing about this thread.  I'm playing a desert map with the goal of mining out the entire mountain, and I spent my initial 700 points entirely on 7 mining picks to speed that goal along.

Currently, the fortress is in the autumn of its 4th year, and I estimate that I've mined out around 60% of the near side of the magma river.  Out of 105 dwarves, 20 are miners, 7 of whom are legendary (including 6 of the original 7 dwarves -- the 7th ended up becoming a legendary mason).

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2007, 12:33:00 pm »

Heh... I've seen someone do something like this, what you need to do is remove every rock pillar and build supports, then link all the supports to a lever in the middle of the mountain. Put all your dwarves around it, then pull the lever!

TerminatorII

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Adamantine Skeleton]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2007, 05:26:00 pm »

heh If you want you can have me. (name Silver Messiah Axe Dwarf.)
No, I think the cook would be in charge of sugar-coating the cows.

You are a lifesaver! Round and probably in tropical flavors.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2007, 11:10:00 pm »

ricemastah Craftslaughter - To be Axedwarf

Oh yeah.... That's the name of an axedwarf!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5