Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Your Adventure Mode Building Projects?  (Read 34679 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Your Future Adventure Mode Building Projects?
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2016, 12:03:56 pm »

I don't need trenches! They are useless.

Goblin trenches are useless, yes. If they had the sense to make them harder to jump across, cut down on the number of ramps, and made chokepoints out of them...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2016, 12:20:41 pm »

I don't need trenches! They are useless.

Goblin trenches are useless, yes. If they had the sense to make them harder to jump across, cut down on the number of ramps, and made chokepoints out of them...
The purpose of them is to get adventurers so fed up with them that they ragequit the site, swearing loudly at their computers.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2016, 12:37:39 pm »

The purpose of them is to get adventurers so fed up with them that they ragequit the site, swearing loudly at their computers.

I thought that's what the inability to fast-travel out of them was for. Especially if you're playing a dark-fortress-native goblin. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2016, 06:08:15 pm »

That's why I love being able to compose music and whatnot to hit the travel screen > gm-editor army teleport myself out of there.

I still have to hook up the magma plumbing and fill the moat. Then I need to designate the actual tavern areas and such and get workers assigned so it will be reasonable for me to stock up with stolen booze from around the world.

Oh yes.

(That's glumprong btw, since I hope but don't know if we'll be able to use non-logs yet)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:19:09 pm by Max™ »

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2016, 04:33:10 pm »

I'll live in a giant piece of sharpened dolomite and have a horseshoe crab ranch. Maybe work on a 1-tile wide bridge across the ocean

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2016, 09:58:32 am »

Genius, a bridge is genuis.
Well if toady does it right. Im going to attempt to break through to adamantium and kill the lovely things that are trapped in it
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2016, 12:13:25 am »

A grand library and university to store all knowledge, and places to teach it. Magic, poetry, philosophy, martial arts...

My own impenetrable citadel, from which I will dominate all the known world.

Camps/wayshrines dotting the landscape, within six hours march of one-another, between major civilized regions where roads do not cross, so that I can travel the world. With room to store supplies and butcher creatures, so that from these camps I can hunt game.

My own brewery, to make ale to sell in town. Or get totally wasted on, whatever.

A godsdamned house where I don't have to ask for permission to stay because I own it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2016, 10:19:57 am »

I've been mucking around with more modding while waiting for 42.07 lately. I really do wish there was a way to control what populated mead halls/warehouses by say %. Modded in a tankard and spent a good 30 minutes yesterday searching through hamlets looking for one.

I also included the jug which is what it was modeled off of. A 4 unit container from the original 16 unit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah. I'll probably build a roadside tavern. Add in some reactions to make barrels and booze once there's access to all that wood. Easier to craft tankards and the cabinet they can be stored in. Maybe have a bowyers shop right next to it.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2016, 07:20:47 am »

Outer Heaven. I'll probably need to build a nearby fort and get magma to the surface before I can begin obsidian casting the supports.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2016, 08:24:43 am »

I've been mucking around with more modding while waiting for 42.07 lately. I really do wish there was a way to control what populated mead halls/warehouses by say %. Modded in a tankard and spent a good 30 minutes yesterday searching through hamlets looking for one.

I also included the jug which is what it was modeled off of. A 4 unit container from the original 16 unit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah. I'll probably build a roadside tavern. Add in some reactions to make barrels and booze once there's access to all that wood. Easier to craft tankards and the cabinet they can be stored in. Maybe have a bowyers shop right next to it.

The reason you can't control what populates them is because its not actually random, they only can populate with stuff they have available stuff they trade for, items are tracked by amounts and people trade and tribute. This has been in since 34.11. Towns actually specialize too, sometime syou will find a town with a massive amount of bone carvers they have that because thats the industry that they are trading with the most.
http://www.bay12games.com/media/Dwarf_Fortress_Talk_13.mp3
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:28:10 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2016, 08:30:05 am »

Outer Heaven. I'll probably need to build a nearby fort and get magma to the surface before I can begin obsidian casting the supports.
Damn, why did I not think of that before.

This is giving me ideas. Horrible, horrible, awful ideas.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2016, 08:55:00 am »

Damn, why did I not think of that before.

This is giving me ideas. Horrible, horrible, awful ideas.
It's unfortunate that there's no word for "outside". I looked through the entire word list and the closest I can get is "Distanceheaven". On the plus side, there is "Venomsnake the Bigboss".
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:56:41 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2016, 07:23:08 pm »

Since I'm doing the slow travel cavern crawl this run, I think I'll convert my plans to everything subterranean if that's viable for .07. Underground tavern near the mountain hall.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2016, 10:14:58 am »

i'll play as a dwarven missionary. i'll convince elves that nature is horrible, then cut down trees right in front of them to prove my point
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2016, 10:29:38 am »

i'll play as a dwarven missionary. i'll convince elves that nature is horrible, then cut down trees right in front of them to prove my point

And now I'm hoping that elves will actually react to treecutting. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13