Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Your Adventure Mode Building Projects?  (Read 34640 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Your Future Adventure Mode Building Projects?
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2016, 06:46:05 pm »

Necromancer guild?
Now if only we could take in our own apprentices..or be an apprentice.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2016, 06:48:36 pm »

Necromancer guild?

If only. If you aren't hostile to undead, you can at least just waltz in and learn it yourself. And be a bard so you can at least ask to become a performer for them.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2016, 06:50:38 pm »

Necromancer guild?

If only. If you aren't hostile to undead, you can at least just waltz in and learn it yourself. And be a bard so you can at least ask to become a performer for them.

which is kind of silly dont you think?

Why does it take necros years of study but our adventurer can learn it instantly by skimming through a book.

I hope toady improves that eventually.
I am an indie game dev!

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2016, 06:56:52 pm »

Necromancer guild?

Why does it take necros years of study but our adventurer can learn it instantly by skimming through a book.

All player characters have been augmented by the narrative and granted magical powers. This is also why PCs are able to generate campfires out of nothing and are the only beings targeted by bogeymen.
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2016, 06:57:10 pm »

As far as I know it's just a matter of them eventually stumbling their way into being rewarded by their deathlord. Not sure how long apprenticeship works, but given how bad adventurers are with exploiting that power, it might just be that they intend to groom apprentices into the role so they use their power responsibly.

Well, as responsibly as a necromancer can. It's funny that I can't recall necromancers ever attacking settlements outside of fortress mode. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2016, 07:03:33 pm »

Necromancer guild?

All player characters have been augmented by the narrative and granted magical powers. This is also why PCs are able to generate campfires out of nothing and are the only beings targeted by bogeymen.
hehe, yeah, but i can see alot of coolness coming out of pc apprenticeships and toady tends to lean towards simulation, so hopefully.

Also I have seen necros and other (modded)  mages take over villages.

I hope we can eventually do stuff that is of the caliber of this threetoe story.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/story/tt_journey.html

Also people traveling on the world map that arent you can generate CAMPS complete with tents and campfires out of nothing. SO if anything PCS are less magic.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:06:22 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2016, 11:08:46 pm »

Necromancer guild?

It doesn't take years of study, they learn it in like five minutes in worldgen.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2016, 12:03:45 am »

Necromancer guild?

It doesn't take years of study, they learn it in like five minutes in worldgen.

If they  are the original yes, but their apprentices take about a year or more. And I am talking about the apprentices.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:06:08 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2016, 01:11:46 am »

If they  are the original yes, but their apprentices take about a year or more. And I am talking about the apprentices.

That's why I figure it's more a matter of selecting and training apprentices they can trust, before passing on their secrets.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2016, 04:26:53 am »

on the subject of learning it's probably because apprenticeship is mostly there for learning how to read then finally learning how to clothed zombies.
which given the player necromancer is really hard to do.
lessons of life and death is given by a demon, the lessons of making sure your undead isn't using their puny human fists to kill something takes years of practice of taping weapons to their hands or stubs.
also necromancers are atleast not evil spiteful folk and just people who want to live forever like those elves and goblins and soon figure out living forever has BOREDOM and need hobbies to keep them from going insane like playing dress up with their dead.

kinda wonder if you retire with a zombie and unretire will your zombie companion get clothes?
that said when building stuff gets drop I probably just figure out if toady will now allow us to build working cage traps in adventure mode and let us trap folks in them.
I'm already wondering if pets in fort mode transfer over to adventure mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2016, 11:44:50 am »

will be able to use cage traps in adventure mode? kindof want to just put a cagetrap in the dragons lair so I can have a proper zoo in my adventurer fort
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2016, 02:01:38 pm »

will be able to use cage traps in adventure mode? kindof want to just put a cagetrap in the dragons lair so I can have a proper zoo in my adventurer fort

I would like cage traps in adventure mode too, with animal training skill so you can tame animals you catch to kill more things with.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2016, 02:20:23 pm »

the question would be will toady allow caged sentient beings to be saved when you load the map, as of now currently only pets seem to stay in cages.
caged cats will stay in cages, caged human would more likely pop out of the cage next retire and unretire.
though this basically asking for adventurers to accidentally cage trap themselves which is what toady trying not to do.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2016, 02:27:16 pm »

And yeah, adding this would make it inevitable that the player might mess up and trap themselves. Then again, that would make it even easier to drink mugs full of people.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2016, 09:16:31 pm »

on the subject of learning it's probably because apprenticeship is mostly there for learning how to read then finally learning how to clothed zombies.
which given the player necromancer is really hard to do.
lessons of life and death is given by a demon, the lessons of making sure your undead isn't using their puny human fists to kill something takes years of practice of taping weapons to their hands or stubs.
also necromancers are atleast not evil spiteful folk and just people who want to live forever like those elves and goblins and soon figure out living forever has BOREDOM and need hobbies to keep them from going insane like playing dress up with their dead.

kinda wonder if you retire with a zombie and unretire will your zombie companion get clothes?
that said when building stuff gets drop I probably just figure out if toady will now allow us to build working cage traps in adventure mode and let us trap folks in them.
I'm already wondering if pets in fort mode transfer over to adventure mode.
Waiting for you to draw this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13