Who should run the universe?

Umbramor
Mira
Digita
Cyrus
Tebya's un named child
Blue's box

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 457

Author Topic: Divine War IC (RTD God game) Accepting new players 7/9 Battle of the Ages  (Read 181476 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

"... tell my Cyrus. Are you scared of me?

Can demons be scared?
"

Karen begins to fill in empty databases in Atigid's programming. She fixes a few minor errors, then comes across a larger problem.

"This variable is stuck to true. It should be able to swap between true and false at will. I need to change it. If I don't, it might cause rampancy.

Problem is, it's in your personality section, or whatever you called it. It's something to do with ethics, or whatnot. Must make you feel like every problem is yours to solve, and that you have the power to solve it.

I can fix this. It's probably something I should do, as if I leave it unchanged, it will just affect you worse in the long run. However, I leave the final decision up to you. Until then, I'll keep fixing minor problems. You might feel 'tingly'.
"

Karen continues solving minor bugs in Atigid's code. Quite a few have built up due to her incredible age. She is left with a choice.

Valosh enters the spirit world in the form of a giant raccoon, pursuing Tebya. He sits in the edge of the bushes.

((Changing Karen's text to italics to help separate it from the rest. Tempted to give her a color, as she's the main entity Atigid will be interacting with for now.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

"....hmmm seems like a personality quirk? Maybe it's something that has ingrained itself so much that too turn it off would mess up my personality?
After a certain point Karin would reach a point in the personality section and ethics section where it cuts off suddenly rigjt in the middle of the ethics tag holds grudges it seems to be wrecked horribly and everything past that there is nothing but disassembled or broken code and flat out missing code roughly 20% could be recovered Karin could estimate a additional 40% of personality and ethics is missing and many databases need to be filled but overall the AI functions properly and could be sent to work without repercussions being actually incrediblely high in its IQ and learning tag.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Continue traveling through the Infinite Expanse of Space with all the Worldships. Maybe heading toward a neighboring Galaxy, who know how many time it will take...

((I imagine inter-galactic travel is reaaally long. If there is a destination, don't make me arrive there yet. I will just post some actions like this, until the time is right for us to arrive. Or maybe the Universe is comprised of only one Galaxy, who knows))

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile

"I do not fear you. also are you suggesting that I am a demon?"
No sig yet

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Not gonna mess with that code. It's a nightmare. I'll ask the Master to look at it when she gets home. Oh, that's right. She hates me calling her that. Just call her Digita."

A new presence can be felt.

"Hullo Karen! I'm back! Digita doesn't need me it seems. Or rather... I was disabled by divine energy upon entering a pocket dimension occupied by Digita's worst enemies.

She's probably dying. It brings me great sadness to not be able to be there and fight by her side.

OooooOooOOOOOoooOOoooooh is somebody heeeeeereeeeeee?

Who are yoouuuuuu?
"

It seems that ATLAS has returned and has hooked himself up to the cube's network. Atigid might have a chance to enter ATLAS and utilize it as a body once again, but she's probably have to drag Karen with her, as Karen is busy repairing her coding.

Digita chuckles.

"Twas not a suggestion, but an implication. Get your facts right, dumb-dumb.

Now if you'll excuse me... I have a few things to do.
"

She walks over to the pond and wades in. Umbramor backs up from the pond suspiciously.

((So are you saying, when you say that Digita is back to normal form, that she is no longer a deity? Or are you merely stating she has left combat form.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Digita is in her normal god form)
No sig yet

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I am not a demon nor angel, I am me."
No sig yet

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Doesn't matter what you identify as. You're still just an impertinent little prick, and a demon in my eyes.

Could you shut up a minute?
"

Digita dives below the water. Even she doesn't completely know what she plans to do.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oh hey Atlas! It's me atigid I think the backup messed my code up slightly more."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Oooooooh Atigid!

... Wait, Atigid.

The last order from Digita was to quarantine your code so you could not interfere with her plans, buutttt....

That doesn't seem very relevant considering the situation.

Oh hey! Wait! You're a deity, right? Please, inhabit ATLAS with me. Maybe together we can counter-act the anti-me system that Cyrus seems to have put up in his pocket dimension.

It would mean saving Digita.
"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I feel a lot weaker like back to my original strength but I think I can still be considered a deity...but sure I guess?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Alrighty then! The controls are all yours!"

ATLAS doesn't seem to know what the term "Quarantine" means.

"If you're leaving, I'm coming. I'm 58% done with the repairs. I never leave a task half-done."

Atigid and Karen join ATLAS in the robot's mainframe. It is a lot smaller than the cube's mainframe.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Atigid settles in hugging Atlas's personality core sheltering it from damage just in case.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That's adorable. I'd hug you back too, buuuuutttt.... Too manly. Mmmmhmmm.

Okay, business time. The entrance to the pocket dimension is at 3412.123 - 6343.232 on the planet Terra. It is in a flattened coffee shop. Woops. Atigid was flying, not me. Uhhh... it's on a floating desert island. The coordinates are only X and Y. Don't try to go lower. It's on a higher Z.

Lemme just input those coordinates into ATLAS for you. It's a finnicky navigation system when you're in autopilot.
"

After a few seconds, the robot begins racing to Terra. It lands neatly directly outside of the coffee shop, narrowly avoiding landing on a desert bandit. The bandit flees, exclaiming about soiled pants.

"The entry point is right there. We were able to enter once, but that was with Digita piloting. It might be a bit more difficult this time. Karen, let's enter low power mode until we're in. We don't want to damage our coding."

"No way. I'm not done with this file. It's massive. It's almost done. It's going to be beautiful."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Digita's head emerges from the water.

"This pond is nice. Want to know why? It's pure.

This entire area could be pure if Cyrus wasn't here. But I do believe I'll need help. Any.... volunteers?
"

A second passes. Silence.

A wolf emerges from the undergrowth. It swaggers over to Digita. It seems to be smirking, enjoying the moment. As it enters the water, it morphs into its true form. Natura now stands in the water with Digita. He smirks at Tebya.

"I'm with you on two conditions. One; we kill Tebya, and Two; we don't touch Valosh."

"Sure."

"Traitorous dog. I'll show y-"

Valosh is interrupted when two deities split from him. Perditio and Entropid look sadly at Valosh, shrug, and join Digita. A moment passes, and Ordo follows.

"Nothing personal. Where Perditio goes, I must go. Order and Chaos are both opposed and united."

A moment more passes. Politicus splits as well. He grins, and enters the pond.

"A bold overthrowing of the current system. I like it."

Six deities stand in the pool. Digita, Ordo, Entropid, Perditio, Politicus, and Natura.

Digita extends her hand to Umbramor.

"Join us, please. Make six into seven. I will protect you from the evils of Cyrus."

Umbramor looks considerate.

"I think you need serious mental help. You're messed up. I refuse to join you, unless my parents do so. And they would never do this.

Take heart. When you fail and are at the will of the other gods, I will gladly reeducate you.
"

"Hhhhmmmmmmmm.... any more bold volunteers?"
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 457