Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Got 11 new barons, what do?  (Read 3086 times)

Hvinnir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Got 11 new barons, what do?
« on: February 21, 2016, 01:22:43 pm »

Hi Everyone,

so I just got 11 new barons in addition to my own. They all inherited a barony:

http://postimg.org/image/9jrufo29v/

Is this a bug? Why did they inherit all at once?

They all have requirements... I think I'll have to arrange some unfortunate accidents.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Got 11 new barons, what do?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 01:31:11 pm »

I want to say that one dwarf came to rule over multiple baronies and then died, so now the lands are being split up over his multiple heirs. However, I'm not sure inheritance works like that.....check their relationships and see if you can find any common links for !SCIENCE!
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 01:32:03 pm »

Yep, sometimes dwarves in your fort can inherit the Baron position of another fort.

Be sure to get rid of them before you appoint/promote your own baron, as they'll all become counts/dukes alongside him.

Unfortunate Accidents are the way to go here, unless you really like making fancy bedrooms and fulfilling mandates.
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 01:32:41 pm »

Ouch.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 01:34:09 pm »

Be sure to get rid of them before you appoint/promote your own baron, as they'll all become counts/dukes alongside him.
It is terrifying.

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Lordhermitcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 01:39:52 pm »

Better start digging out those rooms and gold-plating them.

Where's the magma-lever again?  ;)
THE CONCRETE IS ON FIRE

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 03:48:37 pm »

At a guess, I'd say the previous title-holders were all killed by invading goblins. The next time the outpost liaison visits (or doesn't, which should be just as informative,) you'll find out.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 04:01:18 pm »

My suggestion? BaronSquad.

Get them drafted into a squad of your choosing, ensuring that their barracks is pimped out enough to satisfy their requirements. Give them the dangerous combat roles. Probably good for some cheap entertainment.
This is a blank sig.

mobucks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 04:05:53 pm »

I would love this because I love the justice system and not fulfilling mandates ever.

Hvinnir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 04:47:06 pm »

I want to say that one dwarf came to rule over multiple baronies and then died, so now the lands are being split up over his multiple heirs. However, I'm not sure inheritance works like that.....check their relationships and see if you can find any common links for !SCIENCE!

Alright, it seems like they are all somehow related to each other. I didn't take that close a look but it looks like a lot of incest to me.

I already have a baron. Now there are 12 in total. So if he gets promoted all the others will too??

Sounds like the best way to go. I could deal with carving out all those chambers and filling them with rose gold statues, but the mandates? Noooope.
And of course one of them is my legendary armorsmith.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 06:28:16 pm »

Ouuuch. I'd keep the important one or two like that armorsmith and your own guy, but Baronsquad for the rest sounds great.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 08:41:46 pm »

Alright, it seems like they are all somehow related to each other. I didn't take that close a look but it looks like a lot of incest to me.
Could you provide us any more detail than that? I'm curious to see how this situation came about. If you can't get a good picture of their family tree from just the relationships mode, could you pretty please take a look in legends mode?

Redman the Communist

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:LIGHT] [SPHERE:HEALING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 11:18:43 pm »

A quick 10 baron expedition to the magma layer wouldn't hurt. 10 diplomats to say hi to all the friendly fire men and forgotten beasts, just make sure you have someone seal the entrance to the path they took, they may want to bring all their new friends back to party, which would be too much fun.

On the other hand, you could use them as bait diplomats to bring the horrible monsters new friends from the magma layer to an open bridge, and then have the bridge close on them as a completely uncontrollable accident.
A light cannot fade by darkness
it will shine even in the darkest corners of the world.

quekwoambojish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 12:31:30 am »

Get them drafted into a squad of your choosing, ensuring that their barracks is pimped out enough to satisfy their requirements. Give them the dangerous combat roles. Probably good for some cheap entertainment.

Please do this. Please make it a story. Please draw it.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 12:35:32 am »

Eleven Barons!, Eleven! I thought i had it bad when i got three at once in one fort.
Pages: [1] 2 3