Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Bard Quest! The succession legend.  (Read 10996 times)

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bard Quest! The succession legend.
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2016, 08:17:54 am »

peasant outsider and you don't even get the rags, lolz... but i intend to start as a peasant as well, makes the game more challenging
Yeah, and certainly no musical instruments either.. :D I'd say picking demigod wouldn't make one very overpowered skill-wise, especially if you intend to make a multi-talent bard. There are quite many skills to pick and improving them tends to be a bit slow. But attribute-wise though, you could easily build a superhuman/elf/bear/whatever.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2016, 12:56:19 pm »

peasant outsider and you don't even get the rags, lolz... but i intend to start as a peasant as well, makes the game more challenging
Yeah, and certainly no musical instruments either.. :D I'd say picking demigod wouldn't make one very overpowered skill-wise, especially if you intend to make a multi-talent bard. There are quite many skills to pick and improving them tends to be a bit slow. But attribute-wise though, you could easily build a superhuman/elf/bear/whatever.

I could just kill a different bard and steal his instruments. Of course, I'll have to hide the body too, I have had luck burning the bodies in the woods....
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2016, 04:52:56 am »

I could just kill a different bard and steal his instruments. Of course, I'll have to hide the body too, I have had luck burning the bodies in the woods....

Yeah ! Play as a dark bard ! =D
I was planning of doing very weak, yet nasty adv. Slaying his roleplayed parents in their sleep after a quarrel.
Having to leave his village, stealing food to survive. Because of his weak physical strenght, his only way to make money was to use his voice.

Gonna do that !

And btw, here are the playable races :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2016, 07:45:16 am »

Sign me up It's gonna be fun :P
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2016, 10:14:51 am »

I believe it is now TheImmortalRyukan's turn now, and i'm next!!!

let the songs/stories/poems/dances begin!!!
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2016, 02:33:33 pm »

I'm tired of seeing these adventurer succession threads die when adventure mode is so awesome now.
 >:(
I am an indie game dev!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2016, 02:34:43 pm »

Hey OP add me to the turn list please!
I am an indie game dev!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2016, 02:47:17 pm »

Well, same story with constructivory

Over spring break my flash drive took a swim and I lost ALL of my saves and everything... So the next dude can go, and may you put me on the list again pls
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2016, 06:52:22 pm »

Over spring break my flash drive took a swim and I lost ALL of my saves and everything... So the next dude can go, and may you put me on the list again pls

it is in fact my spring break right now.
Is the OP active?
I am an indie game dev!

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2016, 07:21:15 pm »

next dude should be me, i'll download the save and start going, if anyone who was before me wants to reclaim their spot, just let me know.... looks like the original creator ditched the thread, so we'll necro it onwards to greatness!!!!

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2016, 08:42:10 pm »

Works for me.
I am an indie game dev!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2016, 10:48:51 pm »

I was promised a singing giant praying mantis. Where is it.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2016, 06:11:09 am »

I was promised a singing giant praying mantis. Where is it.

The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2016, 11:29:16 am »

Just shoot for it, Megaman :p
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2016, 12:46:56 pm »

Whelp, like the others who dropped i'm more busy now that school is starting back up, and my bard was brutally murdered after only a few minutes.... instead of making a new one i'll tell his brief story, and let the next person have a turn.

THE FIRST (and last) HERALD OF FURBULB!!!

Spoiler: elfy origin (click to show/hide)

Born Quathari Distinct roses, our protagonist believed he was chosen by a higher power. Following the ancient practices of elven druidism, he spent most of his time studying the art of speech and religion, so that he may be chosen by the force of the forest. His goal, to spread the word of Inefa Furbulbs to every corner of the earth. To cure the goblins of their hate, the dwarves of their disrespect towards mother earth, and the humans of their pride.

To achieve this goal, he had to prove to the other elves that he was fully indoctrinated committed to the way of the forest, and so he was given a task, a coming of age ceremony, he was given a copper spear, and dagger weapons forbidden by elven custom, and in a grand act of devotion, he was sent to the ocean to toss the profane weapons into the waves.

The journey was supposed to take half a day, but shorty after leaving, Quathari ran into a problem, a giant river blocked the quickest route to the ocean. (along with a frail giant monitor lizard, another sign of nature's imoending doom)
The river was larger than he expected, and without any swimming skills, Quathari was forced to take the long way...... after enjoying a quick battle between a river alligator and salt water crocodile.

Spoiler: that's a big river (click to show/hide)
With his detour, the day was coming to an end, but he had made it to the ocean, so he tossed the weapons into the depths.

As the sun was setting, he hurried back towards the elven forest retreat, where he may get a safe nights sleep before setting off on his grand adventure. As he ran, the sun dipped below the ocean behind him, and he heard the most dreaded sound. An incessant cackling. the boogeymen, creatures born from nightmares, chased after him, he ran as fast as he could, but he couldn't outrun them, and as he grew tired, they caught up, punching, kicking, goring, and biting till he collapsed, and they finished him.

sorry for the anti-climactic story, i'll keep an eye on this thread, and maybe ask to rejoin whenever i have more free time.

Here is the save
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 12:48:54 pm by Megaman_zx »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6