Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91]

Author Topic: Theoretical weapons (Burn all the things!) and other ideas  (Read 100582 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Theoretical weapons (Burn all the things!) and other ideas
« Reply #1350 on: December 04, 2016, 10:51:30 pm »

That's the point. I was suggesting the least useful application of WP in a shotgun shell I could think of.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 04, 2016, 11:01:17 pm »

Okay yeah.

Well, I mean, tiny WP incendiaries from a shotgun could be pretty usable.

Especially from those Russian 20mm shotguns. :V
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1352 on: December 04, 2016, 11:15:03 pm »

I guess there's no reason not to have phosphorous shells to fire from your shotgun, especially if it's got a tube magazine since when you're preparing to attack some target, you can load it up with slugs and top it off with a WP shell. Fire that off to start the assault and now you're ready to be lethal.

Or you could just have a UGL attached to a far, FAR more useful weapon, i.e. an assault rifle. Pull the trigger on the UGL then move your hand to the rifle trigger and presto! You're lethal (and moreso than if you were holding a shotgun).

I don't think they'd work that well for a smoke-producing role considering a 12 gauge shotgun shell's diameter is a little under 20 millimeters, which is for the most part the absolute biggest a shotgun shell can practically get, and 40mm UGL* smoke rounds are the absolute smallest that smoke producing munitions tend to get.

It would probably be just fine for starting fires, if dangerous. Tactically, this ability isn't that useful compared to producing smoke, and that's a role already filled by UGLs.

*Underslung/underbarrel grenade launcher
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 11:20:24 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91]