Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: ERRANT  (Read 24931 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT test run in progress: Baby's first SNAFU
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2016, 06:00:09 pm »

"Hey! I need some suppressing fire, I'm going to try to capture that alien by the water fountain"

Move to the water fountain, drag the alien back to the south west store and then bandage the aliens wounds and bind its hands and feet using duct-tape. If I have time follow our living commander.

Help our medically unethical commander take the SE elevator use M26 in the service corridor and for the elevator and provide suppressive fire with M4A4 as needed.

((What kind of store is Sean in?))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:50:31 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2016, 06:13:12 pm »

Lay down suppressing fire for MidnightJaguar, unless civvies are in my line of fire. Reload if necessary. If I can do so in the same turn, reload my grenade launcher and then fire it at the elevator.

Edited my action.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:30:51 pm by AzyWng »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT test run in progress: All's quiet on the Western Front
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2016, 06:16:33 pm »

((Remember to specify that you are not shooting into the Civy crowd.))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:19:10 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2016, 06:20:27 pm »

"Hey! I need some suppressing fire, I'm going to try to capture that alien by the water fountain"

Move to the water fountain, drag the alien back to the south west store and then bandage the aliens wounds and tie it up or use some handcuffs or zip ties if available have them.

((What kind of store is Sean in?))

((You have duct-tape :D

It's a random clothing store. Too many of those in malls nowadays. ))
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2016, 06:20:58 pm »

Order:"Southwest lift neutralized.  Rayner [Azy], ha--NO, YOU IDIOTS.  NO LIVE CAPTURES--THERE'S THIRTY OTHER FUCKERS WHO WANT OUR BLOOD, ARE YOU INSANE?!  Rayner [Azy], AGAIN, take out the central lift with grenades ASAP, then watch for ayys from the UFO or stores--you're our flank security.  Denning [TFTP], Patrick [MidJag], HEAD TO THE SOUTHEAST LIFT, NOW.  Barrantes [Nik], Muldoon [Dev], finish with the northwest lift then try to take the northeast lift.

Blitzkrieg, boys.  We push hard now or we all die."

((Oh, how I hate this.  Stay defensive and probably die when they hit us with overwhelming numbers?  Go offensive and die quick if they've set up ambushes or sent the raptor up, but maybe cut off their reinforcement routes if they're slow?  Run to the UFO and get a great defensive position, but be trapped in enemy territory with thirty enrahed enemies on one side, and their boss on the other?  Gaaahhh...

Also, am I annoying anyone with the constant demanding orders?  I've been trying to keep them relatively minimal, and you can always ignore them, but I still worry that I'm hurting other's gameplay with them.  Especially since I'm trying to play an officer who's channeling his terror and shock into commanding anger. >.> ))

Start counting to fifteen while I move, and when I reach fifteen, hit the detonator.  Wield M14 and ready the M203 with an HE.  Check the service corridor, and if there's no enemies, start advancing down it while remaining ready to fire the M203 towards the far door.  If there's *any* movement, I fire the grenade and follow it by hitting the floor and laying down suppressive M14 fire, then another HE, then the rest of my mag, another HE, and then I'll swap to the M240 for more suppressive fire.

If there are aliens down the service corridor when I check, kill them with M14 fire, then continue as above if they die.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2016, 06:24:43 pm »

(( orders are generally a good thing. If a particular character is rebellious, they can just see it as suggestions.

It would be interesting to see if a lone wolves or disruptives can survive a battlefield though.

Also, M14s have terrible automatic fire control, and ridiculously erratic spreads.))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:27:34 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2016, 06:25:13 pm »

Well, "Commander" have you ever heard of a hostage or maybe a little hippocratic oath I had to take to get a license to practice medicine.

((Just so you know when it comes to killing Sean will do as ordered, however when it comes to saving lives he won't really listen to anyone.))
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 06:27:04 pm by MidnightJaguar »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2016, 06:29:57 pm »

((I know *you* like orders, but I'm asking the other players.  Right now I'm halfway controlling their characters for them--Shooting down their ideas and telling them to do something else--which most people really hate.  I'd rather we all die then have everyone quit the game because they don't enjoy it.

This is a big problem with milsims.  A good soldier is just a cog with no individuality, and a good CO keeps a tight grip on what his people do.  Everyone wants to be the CO, but nobody wants to be the grunt the CO screams at.))

"RAYNER [Azy]!  Kill that fucking alien with a grenade now--lift next!  Patrick [MidJag], I will wrestle one of those things down for you with my bare god-damn hands if you just come support me RIGHT NOW.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2016, 06:31:56 pm »

I'm fine with orders.. if I think of something better, I'll do that.  Some structure to our moves is a good thing.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2016, 06:34:22 pm »

((Perhaps have orders, but not be so tight with them as to not take suggestions if someone else has an idea?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2016, 06:40:09 pm »

((I'm willing to take suggestions, but I just don't think having two people tied up with a capture is an acceptable plan.  The ayys are gonna have a counter strike very soon.  If Rayner doesn't destroy the central lift, we're all completely screwed due to flanking attacks.  If Patrick doesn't support me, I very well might not be able to take the SE lift, which is a Very Bad Thing.  Nik & Dev likely won't be able to take the NE lift in that situation, leaving us spread out with little cover while immensely outnumbered.

Also, I just think having only two people--three if, god forbid, TFTH joins--trying to capture an alien is a good idea.  That's a full squad manuever, for when we already are assured the advantage.  Currently, we still are likely to fail this mission--we've just been immensely lucky the last two turns.))

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2016, 06:43:09 pm »

"I... I... damn it, fine!"

God damn it, fine! Try to shoot down the alien with my rifle. If Patrick (Midnight Jaguar) gets in the line of fire or into my cone of fire, ceasefire to make sure I don't hit him. Then Fire a grenade at the central elevator.

EDITED MY ACTION A THIRD TIME!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:27:40 pm by AzyWng »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2016, 06:45:04 pm »

"Let me think, he fainted from blood loss which means the alien is most likely in shock if he's in shock that means that his vital are dropping and I don't have any appropriate donor blood, I also have to use my only Anti Shock Garment on Lys here and have absolutely no idea if I can even save an alien based off of my complete lack of knowledge of their biology. That might make his suffering prolonged and thus violate the first tenement of my oath. Hmmmmmmmm, Fine commander, I'll support you but I swear if you have me do this again I will shoot in the leg and then bandage your wound."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:01:53 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2016, 07:21:08 pm »

Remrud [syv], the North-West lift is secured. Cables go boom on your command.
Muldoon [Dev], what's the situation in the hall?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22