Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: ERRANT  (Read 25011 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT test run in progress: Baby's first SNAFU
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2016, 10:43:24 pm »

Get behind the north store and use it as cover. Or the south store. Whichever is closer.

"Just a thought guys, maybe we should take cover, and get closer to the targets before we start shooting. Stick to the shadows and the like? Maybe have one of the squads distract the aliens while another attacks? Or maybe a bit of fire and movement?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_and_Movement

((Also, Egan, I'm finding your sigtext to be especially relevant here. Painfully relevant. Did you make it just for this occasion?))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:39:21 pm by AzyWng »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2016, 10:48:05 pm »

((Yes, I change my sig and personal text whenever I think of something witty/insightful sounding. That turn inspired me.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2016, 10:58:13 pm »

((I was under the impression everyone was already taking cover?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2016, 11:06:48 pm »

"Alright! Lmao, get moving and flank them! Ayy and Big Sky, suppress the enemy and cover Lmao!"

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2016, 01:23:46 am »

Grab whatever cover I can set my gun on, switch to JHPs and try to take out 7.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2016, 05:34:42 am »

Another attempt at the Alien Scout MK1

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I realize that if I start thinking about furniture, I might go crazy. I'm using another graphics tool to do doors and rooms. How does this one look?

Diameter is 15m at a scale of 2cm per m.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2016, 08:03:42 am »

Roger. Rigging the lifts as I go? Might be no time later.

((@Aigre By the way, what does "service access" mean on the map? Those whole enormous strips of roof can be used to get to the roof, at any point in that area? Or is it something less sinister?

@Team Because if those are basically stairways packed beside stairways, blowing the lifts up might be futile. And if there are just a couple of stairs in there, we should consider securing them too.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2016, 01:06:10 pm »

"Good idea. Go for it, if you have the time."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2016, 01:53:26 pm »

Got that, sir. Remrud [syvarris], I'll take up on your offer, ...later.
Patrick [Midnight Jaguar], I'll catch up with the team in a moment.

Dash into cover behind the northern store, rig the north-western service lift up with C4. A couple pounds should be enough. ((Having no OOC explosives training, I've no idea how much is needed, except that it certainly does not merit satchel charges, but a single demolition block probably won't be enough. EDIT: Thanks for some timely help!

Also, we need a derogatory slang name for aliens. Ain't no real (para)military without that kind of attitude. :P ))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:23:26 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2016, 02:20:24 pm »

((I was planning on calling them ayys, but then I decided to name a fireteam that for some reason. <_<))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2016, 03:06:10 pm »

((Nik, could you please not rifle through my pack while I'm in the middle of a firefight?  My intention had been to give people explosives long before we landed, because I was unsure if others had enough, but you certainly have enough.  Each M183 satchel is actually just sixteen M112 demo charges packaged together, so you should be able to just pull them out if you don't have enough charges.  Even if not, you've got a knife to cut out however much you need.

Besides, elevators aren't exceptionally robust, so I doubt you would need several kilograms per.  If they're pully based, a half kilogram to sever the cable would be sufficient.

As for a good name... Ayyholes?))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2016, 03:07:09 pm »

Service access are just corridors between service lift lobbies connecting the back of all the stores. They open into each store.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2016, 03:21:42 pm »

((@syvarris Ah, sure. No problem. I'll edit that out now. Just thought that, even with the firefight, it might be more convenient than later - and earlier I kind of haven't existed yet, I guess. My bad.

@Alien name For some reason, I cannot get the word "gazoo" out of my head. Suitably weird, suitably derogatory-sounding, suitably meaningless (well... kind of; not exactly, as checking the dictionary shows). But completely unrelated to the matter at hand, and is just some semi-random gibberish that came to my mind.

@Aigre Thanks for clarifying!))
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22